Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Bulwark please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Uh woh ok..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Uh woh ok.. first off it was more than one curse and you just kept attacking hard humor which you aren't supposed to attack while cursed. So doing so and saying its overpowered isn't logical because if I do same to mages... ultimately its GD and I'm dead.

I have brought more solutions to this thread about solving the issue than any other. Believe me I want pvp to be fair to a extent for all players. Make bulwark curse into harsh bleeding damage and take away its reflect ability (not a mage ability) I'm not being disrespectful to anybody but I feel like this is pvp at forums and all I'm looking for is solutions. which I see none other than the dozen I've submitted here. By removing curse from warrior should'nt we remove fireball and lightning from rogues and similar stuff to other classes be removed from mages... root proc is like traps. Lets all come up with a solution not cry in a circle passing kleenex around like our friend died... or friends not dead he just needs operated on appropriately.

Lower curse damage by 7% in pvp somebody mentioned and lower chance for root proc in pvpis best advice I've saw from forumer here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Mages are forming a angry mob here. Lol

Devs sup, wanna comment?
    Last edited by Anarchist; 09-22-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Grammar murder

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spimeslam View Post
    Uh woh ok.. first off it was more than one curse and you just kept attacking hard humor which you aren't supposed to attack while cursed. So doing so and saying its overpowered isn't logical because if I do same to mages... ultimately its GD and I'm dead.
    You're not very bright. That was a mere example to show how OP bulwark curse is compared to a mage's curse. Like I told you in-game, I'll tell you again, quit exaggerating. He cursed me ONCE... I combo'd him ONCE.. and died. Simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Mages are forming angry mob here. Lol

Devs sup, wanna coment?
    Ikr. Class imbalance has been a thing for a long time, they need to FREAKING FIX IT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I have brought more solutions to this thread about solving the issue than any other. Believe me I want pvp to be fair to a extent for all players. Make bulwark curse into harsh bleeding damage and take away its reflect ability (not a mage ability) I'm not being disrespectful to anybody but I feel like this is pvp at forums and all I'm looking for is solutions. which I see none other than the dozen I've submitted here. By removing curse from warrior should'nt we remove fireball and lightning from rogues and similar stuff to other classes be removed from mages... root proc is like traps. Lets all come up with a solution not cry in a circle passing kleenex around like our friend died... or friends not dead he just needs operated on appropriately.

Lower curse damage by 7% in pvp somebody mentioned and lower chance for root proc in pvpis best advice I've saw from forumer here.
    OMG i gave good advice lol.
    Anyway the reason Instant attacked is because if he didnt attack he would just get pummeled because of the theoretical 0 sec cooldown. When he attacked the curse took the effect that it normally does and did major dmg. Normally while cursed you take 40%dmg(close to 1.8K) from fireball alone (from mage curse). We already know that the bulwark curse is similar to the mage curse just with no cooldown. This means that one combo form most mages = death unless they have full elo gems and str build in which case they have 6k hp or so (not comparable to a geared tank) and 1k armor (also not comparable).

P.S i picked the mage class because the description said i was able to harness the magic in arlor. Seems like its nothing special now.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    OMG i gave good advice lol.
    Anyway the reason Instant attacked is because if he didnt attack he would just get pummeled because of the theoretical 0 sec cooldown. When he attacked the curse took the effect that it normally does and did major dmg. Normally while cursed you take 40%dmg(close to 1.8K) from fireball alone (from mage curse). We already know that the bulwark curse is similar to the mage curse just with no cooldown. This means that one combo form most mages = death unless they have full elo gems and str build in which case they have 6k hp or so (not comparable to a geared tank) and 1k armor (also not comparable).

P.S i picked the mage class because the description said i was able to harness the magic in arlor. Seems like its nothing special now.
    You go my boy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I'm not trying to offend anyone and I don't think if have except humor may feel a little that way but he offended me too. I apologize if I have offended you instant I just really want a good constructive thread talk so something can be resolved because like I said I understand there is an issue. But the power of bulwark should be kept intact and be awesome unless we want to risk overhaul of all mythic 41 items.

The fight I witnessed instant do with warrior (just so this is understood) was just test to show power of bulwark the warrior didn't attack but just to proc a couple times. Yes a couple cuz instant said I qoute "proc again" and neither player had pets. I would have asked to see it again if he said it can be done with one proc but he insulted me and left the room. I'm sorry if you see me as a troll but I'm in no way a troll but stand for all warriors (and players in general) to say that all our weapons should be equally awesome. I agree vs mage bulwark may be more deadly but that don't help us vs rogues if we just make bulwark weaker.being honest if you think I'm merchant I'm not I have one bulwark I did have two but I sold 1 before buff and one after.

Like I said I don't hardly pvp whatsoever so I really could care less if they made bulwark crap for pvp lol but ik people would have issues and we are trying to fix issues not make more. As long as the weapon is great for pve, which its ok if u ask me, that's all I truly value pvp is just extra but that is thief move loved aspect of the game. I don't pvp enough so I don't make pvp build because it isn't worth my time so I die either way. You must commit to a build to be effective at pvp or get off the boat.

If it will make you feel better instant we could fight at pvp and you would beat me fair and sqaure with singe and bulwark and my pve specific build. And I have brought previous ideas to what could be done about bulwark all through this thread but this all has lost direction. This is my last post here y'all just be respective to other players/classes... nobody has to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I'm not trying to offend anyone and I don't think if have except humor may feel a little that way but he offended me too. I apologize if I have offended you instant I just really want a good constructive thread talk so something can be resolved because like I said I understand there is an issue. But the power of bulwark should be kept intact and be awesome unless we want to risk overhaul of all mythic 41 items.

The fight I witnessed instant do with warrior (just so this is understood) was just test to show power of bulwark the warrior didn't attack but just to proc a couple times. Yes a couple cuz instant said I qoute "proc again" and neither player had pets. I would have asked to see it again if he said it can be done with one proc but he insulted me and left the room. I'm sorry if you see me as a troll but I'm in no way a troll but stand for all warriors (and players in general) to say that all our weapons should be equally awesome. I agree vs mage bulwark may be more deadly but that don't help us vs rogues if we just make bulwark weaker.being honest if you think I'm merchant I'm not I have one bulwark I did have two but I sold 1 before buff and one after.

Like I said I don't hardly pvp whatsoever so I really could care less if they made bulwark crap for pvp lol but ik people would have issues and we are trying to fix issues not make more. As long as the weapon is great for pve, which its ok if u ask me, that's all I truly value pvp is just extra but that is thief move loved aspect of the game. I don't pvp enough so I don't make pvp build because it isn't worth my time so I die either way. You must commit to a build to be effective at pvp or get off the boat.

If it will make you feel better instant we could fight at pvp and you would beat me fair and sqaure with singe and bulwark and my pve specific build. And I have brought previous ideas to what could be done about bulwark all through this thread but this all has lost direction. This is my last post here y'all just be respective to other players/classes... nobody has to pay.
    Also add a nerf in pvp room to rogues mythic weapon.(cant think of one seems pretty balanced to me since proc isnt that great)

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #170
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've removed the non-constructive posts here. Let's keep the discussion friendly, ok? I am also forwarding your concerns to the devs. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

But the power of bulwark should be kept intact and be awesome unless we want to risk overhaul of all mythic 41 items.
    If you were paying any attention to what I said, you would understand. My problem here isn't because bulwark is OP, personally, I WANT it to be OP. As I said before and I will say it again, giving warriors a MAGE skill is out of the question, and that's why this thread appeared in the first place, not because of some stupid buff bulwark got. Who cares about stats.

The fight I witnessed instant do with warrior (just so this is understood) was just test to show power of bulwark the warrior didn't attack but just to proc a couple times. Yes a couple cuz instant said I qoute "proc again" and neither player had pets.
    Just to clarify. There is no need for exaggeration. "Proc a couple times"? Lol? It takes one proc to kill a mage. The first time he proc'd, I was stunned for pretty much the whole duration so I asked him to do it again to witness the whole effect. Why did you even state none of us had pets equipped? That has no effect on outcome at all. I only asked to unequip pet so pet damage wouldn't be counted in the test.

Warriors shouldn't be able to use a mage's skill. And even IF they do, it shouldn't be FIVE TIMES more powerful. That ONE combo (no dot) destroyed my 3.9k HP (without pet), while a mage's curse would probably do 15% damage. That's the main argument here, not none of your personal problems you have with my attitude. Deal with it. If you think I'm bad, you haven't even pvp'd it seems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

As a mage, Curse is a useless skill now. Here's why: Curse is only effective against people who do DoT damage. Most mages already cut out any DoT from their build already, rogues adapt and not use Nox while cursed, warriors have no DoT attacks whatsoever. The majority of warriors now in pvp run with bulwarks. That means every pvp room you enter, chances are, you'll run with a bulwark warrior. That also means you have curse already, you don't need curse as a mage. So now mages have SEVEN skills to pick from, not eight like all the other classes. Are you discriminating against blue people? This is serious business here.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    So now mages have SEVEN skills to pick from, not eight like all the other classes. Are you discriminating against blue people? This is serious business here.
    Well we have 5 original skills.
    Cya shield, bb fireball, tc curse.
    Im sure mages design all the weapons now because all there "unique" attributes are being put inside the weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I fight a lot in tdm. Sometimes I'll fight in CTF. In CTF, people are in enclosed quarters and usually engaging head on. The mages die pretty easily here.

I have fought a few tdm matches with mages playing smart and not attacking while they are under the bulwark proc. It was annoying at first but I saw it as they were playing smart. My team even lost a few teams. Nearly evenly geared teams as well. Sometimes I would run into gale mages who would withhold on attacking as well. Evasive mages and rogues do well against warriors with bulwark.

Although the range on the bulwark is increased on charge, it still have extremely bad range. You literally have to be on top of the opponent. Sure warriors have the axe or skyward smash to get close to the opponent but then there is a 1/2 second to 1/4 second of pause for the warrior. The warrior can charge their attack but it won't be in time to immediate use the attack. During this duration, if the mage/rogue or opponent is not stunned, i have seen them charge sp or charge gale out. Sometimes even just walk away in the opposite direction since the charge will take a while for the autoattack of bulwark.

Smart team play can still take out bulwark players. Some old strategies won't work.

Arrypotta did a sample match with me and did well. He came close. I still beat him mainly due to class advantage I think. The match lasted forever. He used his range to his advantage many times and came close. He used a different build and different strategy than most mages I fought.

The bow is still the best of the 3 and was not nerfed. Although price doesn't always mean this but I'm sure in this case it has something to do with the price.
    Last edited by Ravager; 09-22-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I fight a lot in tdm. Sometimes I'll fight in CTF. In CTF, people are in enclosed quarters and usually engaging head on. The mages die pretty easily here.

I have fought a few tdm matches with mages playing smart and not attacking while they are under the bulwark proc. It was annoying at first but I saw it as they were playing smart. My team even lost a few teams. Nearly evenly geared teams as well. Sometimes I would run into gale mages who would withhold on attacking as well. Evasive mages and rogues do well against warriors with bulwark.

Although the range on the bulwark is increased on charge, it still have extremely bad range. You literally have to be on top of the opponent. Sure warriors have the axe or skyward smash to get close to the opponent but then there is a 1/2 second to 1/4 second of pause for the warrior. The warrior can charge their attack but it won't be in time to immediate use the attack. During this duration, if the mage/rogue or opponent is not stunned, i have seen them charge sp or charge gale out. Sometimes even just walk away in the opposite direction since the charge will take a while for the autoattack of bulwark.

Smart team play can still take out bulwark players. Some old strategies won't work.

Arrypotta did a sample match with me and did well. He came close. I still beat him mainly due to class advantage I think. The match lasted forever. He used his range to his advantage many times and came close. He used a different build and different strategy than most mages I fought.
    This is true. Whenever I am cursed, I do not use any dps attacks (they're quick and drain your hp). In a ctf spawn room, where majority of 1v1's take place, the space is only so limited. You're bound to be cursed sooner or later.

Rav next time we're on, let's vs in tdm. I will be honest, in an arranged 1v1, I never lost to a warrior in a tdm room, but it's hard to set up a 1v1 there due to other people...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

This is true. Whenever I am cursed, I do not use any dps attacks (they're quick and drain your hp). In a ctf spawn room, where majority of 1v1's take place, the space is only so limited. You're bound to be cursed sooner or later.

Rav next time we're on, let's vs in tdm. I will be honest, in an arranged 1v1, I never lost to a warrior in a tdm room, but it's hard to set up a 1v1 there due to other people...
    Sure np. But I don't recall the last time I've lost to a mage as well so not sure what would help here.

I think mages overall have a bad class disadvantage fighting a warrior head on.

It was moreso the team efforts than fighting a warrior head on that won the tdm vs 4v4 battle.
    Last edited by Ravager; 09-22-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I agree with everything ravager says and instanthumors response too. +1 both

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

As a mage, Curse is a useless skill now. Here's why: Curse is only effective against people who do DoT damage. Most mages already cut out any DoT from their build already, rogues adapt and not use Nox while cursed, warriors have no DoT attacks whatsoever. The majority of warriors now in pvp run with bulwarks. That means every pvp room you enter, chances are, you'll run with a bulwark warrior. That also means you have curse already, you don't need curse as a mage. So now mages have SEVEN skills to pick from, not eight like all the other classes. Are you discriminating against blue people? This is serious business here.
    Rogues dont use Shadow storm shot(and prolly never will unless its buffed) and Tanks dont use Rally cry much in pvp.....................Sooo,that narrows it down to 7 skills per class ^_^

Robhawk

Although i fully agree with you on the topic of the thread i have to say you dont play much tdm then... there are A LOT of good warriors that gonna kill you 1on1! To just reduce it to samael, if you dont have one you wont have a chance vs a good warrior! RavagerX is for sure one of those good warriors and i dont think you can beat him more than perhaps once out 10 and then it was your lucky crit and his unlucky timing to call HoR too late f.e.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Although i fully agree with you on the topic of the thread i have to say you dont play much tdm then... there are A LOT of good warriors that gonna kill you 1on1! To just reduce it to samael, if you dont have one you wont have a chance vs a good warrior! RavagerX is for sure one of those good warriors and i dont think you can beat him more than perhaps once out 10 and then it was your lucky crit and his unlucky timing to call HoR too late f.e.
    I do TDM on a daily basis. I can speak for myself on that part, ty. I can also prove to you that you don't need Samael to kill a warrior in 1v1. Ty for your input.