Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Bulwark please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I too have seen the destructive reflect of bulwark proc but come on, there's no need to nerf anything here just adapt, use different strategies. Why must everything be done with shield fire light ice? If you really want a chance as mage vs bulwark warrior, gale/light/ice/shield/heal works. Remove the DoT's and you're getting somewhere.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    A curse with 0 sec cooldown, is it ok or no? Please answer
    Obviously not because you can skill switch while curse is active lol
    Mage will get there day eventually........................................ ..............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

seriously here, mages are so underpowered.
    in PL(emchantress) and SL(engineer) , these both class is powerful with right build. both can stun lock to some extent.
    but mages here is LOLclass in pvp.
    sts plz buff mages. 7season has entered and still mages are underpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

The weakness to Bulwark is it's horrible range and need to charge for the curse to be reliable. I've had lots of speed pet mages and rogues run away from me constantly. They end up rooting me then killing me. I feel like a sitting duck sometimes when I'm rooted. Not all the time but that worked against me. With lots of stun, speed, range I could not charge my normal attack and get in range of them.

If you guys are talking about clashes, well, I'm not a big fan of clashes for a few reasons. It forces everyone to be bunched up in this mash-fest where all the rogues and mages get the kills and warriors get nothing but deaths. Rogues and mages are willing to sacrifice the class range advantage to fight in close quarters with the warrior?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Mages are not underpowered :P
    In clashes they are better than rogues and if built correctly a mage can kill the class itssupposed to surpass, rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I never used to pvp but I started trying after they buffed bulwark I got some kills but I still die like crazy. I use bulwark and Singe I have 7.3k HP 2.3k armor and I die like all the time but atleast I manage some kills somehow at ctf. At tdm on the other hand I get slayed either way.

If you nerf bulwark next level cap (46) the saw/glaive wont be as good at pvp and if bulwark isn't either everybody has to have arcane maul (mind you that 46 cap is when they remove arcane maul from locked limiting them to rare finds in elite gold chests) Just because warrior can kill don't take that away the proc can be dodged just like s&s pool they only hit right by warrior. To avoid being hit just kite warrior and besides that at pvp its hard for warrior to have time to charge bulwark and land hit.. trust me it isn't easy so mostly its the weaker less lasting proc that does hit.

Jmho but I think the bulwarks fix was best thing for warrior in a long time. And if you nerf it again it will make warriors less desirable for parties and pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

There's no class struggle here. Just op buffs. Let's face the facts that weapons need to evolve or it's zzz. Tanks basically got a fifth mana free skill with zero cd, and anyone that had singe got double buffed to baller status. Yes it's hard, really hard but strategy is the key in PvP, not constant nerfing of something challenging. I full on raged the first day of these new buffs, but stop thinking about easy kills and work at it.
    Last edited by Gorecaster; 09-19-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Its doing the exact same as the mage curse skill, however mage curse skill got a long cooldown. Makes us mages more useless in pvp.

Rogues got last season arcane shield, warriors now curse like hell, next season warriors will have timeshift rogues will have fireball. Ok gives us juggernaut and aimed shot please.
    rogues already have fireball, magma daggers remember?
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Sounds like this thread is more about mages weakness than the bulwark. All I have to say is life gems for mage assist way more than for rogue or warrior because warrior gets HP from str but mages have low HP and already have high damage output. Try gemming some gear with life gems because I've saw lvl 13 mages full life gem with littlebear pet and they have 3k+ HP. They are so op they are next to unbeatable.

The weakness can be overcome without the weakening of other classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

lol seems like every warrior and rogue knows how to play a sorcerer, but this thread is not about this.

This thread is about: is it ok a 15 sec cooldown skill on a weapon with 0 sec cooldown?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I believe that bulwarks proc is truly avoidable. rogue or mage should not stand right by warrior because they have the ability to attack over distance. The warrior is meant to be more deadly at close range because right now a warrior is only deadly at close range and if they aren't deadly at close range they aren't deadly at all. the mage curse does damage compared to damage output by attacker the bulwarks proc damage is a set number. So its possible for mage curse to hit a lot harder than bulwarks close range proc that is hard to land and charge. The only time a mage should get close to warrior is to curse them and warrior doesn't have ample time to charge and just wait for mage to come close and if mage runs in and curses and moves back away the warriors long charge for proc isn't even possible in this short time window. Images and rogues are meant to be evasive otherwise they wish to be warriors.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spimeslam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Warriors rightfully deserve this weapon considering rogues and mages both got insanely powerful 41 mythics this season. Also even tho this can curse dps is lower and the weapon itself looks lame imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

First of all, why do you want Bulwark to be fixed? Because you're mage and don't play Warrior? So?
    We all have noticed, bulwark makes the warrior class weak in pvp because of low damage+Low heal and weak proc. Still complaining? Oh well, mage's root proc is better than any proc in game, you can kill a rogue with that proc, easily. As you know Warriors > Mages so no need to nerf something, you can die without a bulwark as well. This proc is not good for 1v1, unless the enemy knows how to VS warrior. Isn't it easy? Bulwark has got a very short range, why not to kite them, run away? No one wants to stand near a warrior and play, you got joystick use it and stay away from that shortranged charge attacks.
    Since, it got a bad stats, just a proc that doesn't suits you, doesn't mean that it should be nerfed.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

lol seems like every warrior and rogue knows how to play a sorcerer, but this thread is not about this.

This thread is about: is it ok a 15 sec cooldown skill on a weapon with 0 sec cooldown?
    It has a range, no? Warrior's skill have the same cool down like yours. Keep distance from the tanks having bulwarks and it won't be any problem. And please tell me, how 0 sec cool down? it takes 1.5 sec to charge and 1 sec to charge again after the previous one. It's a primary attack, shouldn't be compared with a skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I personally don't think the bulwark should be nerfed. All classes now have an OP weapon.. so it's even imo.

I do think that the curse should be more noticeable, in a clash you aren't looking at your feet. I would like to see something similar to mage curse with maybe a sickly green hued cloud over your head.

Range on bulwark is AWFUL(I tested it with a friend)! So we just need to re-strategize in clashes and don't go and hug the warrior. Which most skip warriors and go for the dps anyways.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Speedofsound View Post
    Warriors rightfully deserve this weapon considering rogues and mages both got insanely powerful 41 mythics this season. Also even tho this can curse dps is lower and the weapon itself looks lame imo.
    Deserve what for? Warrior arcane weapon is bugged since its release and they still able to use, mythic glaive, magma claymore, even the goblin glaive wasnt so crap as the goblin weapons for the other classes. Group of warrior now dont need a curse mage in team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    It has a range, no? Warrior's skill have the same cool down like yours. Keep distance from the tanks having bulwarks and it won't be any problem. And please tell me, how 0 sec cool down? it takes 1.5 sec to charge and 1 sec to charge again after the previous one. It's a primary attack, shouldn't be compared with a skill.
    And rogues dodge this, A LOT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Deserve what for? Warrior arcane weapon is bugged since its release and they still able to use, mythic glaive, magma claymore, even the goblin glaive wasnt so crap as the goblin weapons for the other classes. Group of warrior now dont need a curse mage in team.
    To be honest curse isnt as affective anymore anyways. In a clash an offensive mage with lightning is very powerful. A lot of rogues took out nox and use razor. Curse doesnt touch us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon:1833465
    My suggestion: dont nerf or whatever, just remove the curse, the op healing is more than enough proc on bulwark. Its a total fail design, giving a tanking pve weapon the most powerful pvp skill, which got a long cooldown for a reason. Curse is useless in pve.
    hali bro, u are still missing the point..NO tank wants "tanking weapon" its just useless both in pve or pve!! And removing curse..oh well..bulwark would be same crap that was before..just with better stats and heal!

And we're all saying "curse" but actually this isnt curse, like the one from mages! This reverse damage works based on damage from your stats..always around same damage! max i saw was 450 crit thick with vengeful blood on..but rare!
    Quit tank pls. you arent fit to be a tank with that logic.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    And rogues dodge this, A LOT.
    Yes, why don't they post threads about: Rogue's dodge our stun almost everytime? lol
    Warriors have lot of disadvantages in PvP, for example:-

1) Very Very slow kills, talking about warmonger- Comparing a mage , warrior and rogue. Suppose rogue takes "X" days to get warmonger, Mage will take about 1.3x days for warmonger and for warriors, it will be like 3x? or 4x? Whenever I enter TDM, I try to kill anyone, then a rogue/mage comes and steals it. It sux, and same for clashes, 3 hour long clashes give warrior about 10-15 kills, seriously? while rogues get over 100 or 150.

2) No instant heal: When a warrior heal, it heals around 15% hp per tick and it's 90%hp per 6 ticks. Rogue's get instant heal and yes not forgetting the self heal and heal of time benefit. It's approx. 40% per pack and from an approximation, rogue can heal around 150% HP. Mages have instant heal , and that's OP as well.

3) Charged warrior skills slow us down: Don't you know, charged skward smash roots warrior for 1-2 secs? Using axe roots us for 1-2 secs? It makes us very slow and sometimes due to these skills, we end up dying. Rogues and mages can use any skill without any hesitation.

So, shall I go and create a thread asking for some skills for rogue and mages that slow down their movement? Or their heal should be nerfed? Or Something about those KS?

Let's just play with what we got.