Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nerf Bulwark please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    As I promised someone earlier, I'm gunna write this little thread. Not 100% sure what it does, but all I know is that there's a little Curse thing (if I'm not mistaken, from a charged dps attack) that hurts A LOT and it's OP. Please nerf, ty. I thought this weapon's purpose was supposed to be a tanking weapon, but noooooooo, a non-arcane ring, no samael warrior w/ Bulwark does 5 times more damage than a max geared warrior. Yes, I am crying.
    ahah cry more dude!! you ask to nerf bulwark but wht about those RIDICULOUS buffs on Shady & Surge???..an already super OP pet??? -.-

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Nerf Nerfs.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Someone nerf nerf the crybabies here please or feed them pink ponies *.*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    My suggestion: dont nerf or whatever, just remove the curse, the op healing is more than enough proc on bulwark. Its a total fail design, giving a tanking pve weapon the most powerful pvp skill, which got a long cooldown for a reason. Curse is useless in pve.
    Well you have a point my friend with the curse is useless in pve, but its gives a diff dimension for a tank to use it in pvp, yes the curse of bulwark hurts in pvp I guess, but thats what im saying, just find a diff combo to counter a curse tank proc weapon. I mean I dnt know mage combo, but im sure theres something u guys can counter for it? Thanks for the reply hali.

The Commandos Elite Officer

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Someone nerf nerf the crybabies here please or feed them pink ponies *.*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Curse should be only mage stuffs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

My suggestion: dont nerf or whatever, just remove the curse, the op healing is more than enough proc on bulwark. Its a total fail design, giving a tanking pve weapon the most powerful pvp skill, which got a long cooldown for a reason. Curse is useless in pve.
    hali bro, u are still missing the point..NO tank wants "tanking weapon" its just useless both in pve or pve!! And removing curse..oh well..bulwark would be same crap that was before..just with better stats and heal!

And we're all saying "curse" but actually this isnt curse, like the one from mages! This reverse damage works based on damage from your stats..always around same damage! max i saw was 450 crit thick with vengeful blood on..but rare!
    Last edited by Pedgon; 09-19-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbadulaserosx View Post
    Well you have a point my friend with the curse is useless in pve, but its gives a diff dimension for a tank to use it in pvp, yes the curse of bulwark hurts in pvp I guess, but thats what im saying, just find a diff combo to counter a curse tank proc weapon. I mean I dnt know mage combo, but im sure theres something u guys can counter for it? Thanks for the reply hali.
    Bulwark's curse isnt good on elite or arena, but on normal pve is actually good..km3 or wt4..its pretty awesome imo!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedgon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Was Waiting for this Thread.

I'd rather mages get the proper buffs they deserve in PvP over nerfing other classes or weapons. and not just at end game either.

Its pretty apparent that STS already makes adjustments to the classes so they play "more fair" in PvP, why can't they adjust mages so they are better able to have a fair fight.

I'm actually quite happy to see a weapon that was considered PvE only be viable in PvP as well. Its adds greatly to the variety in PvP and not everyone has to rely on the same builds/weapons/gears/pets to compete.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    hali bro, u are still missing the point..NO tank wants "tanking weapon" its just useless both in pve or pve!! And removing curse..oh well..bulwark would be same crap that was before..just with better stats and heal!

And we're all saying "curse" but actually this isnt curse, like the one from mages! This reverse damage works based on damage from your stats..always around same damage! max i saw was 450 crit thick with vengeful blood on..but rare!
    Belive it or not, mage curse works in the same way:

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Curse takes the targets damage, not the damage output of the ability that he just used, but his damage (base damage plus stat increases from equipment etc), multiplies that by another number, depending on if you charged the ability, what upgrades you have etc and then every time the enemy that's cursed uses any ability (including base attack), he takes that number in damage. It also ignores armor.

Since it scales with the enemies damage, it should definitely scale as they grow in levels. My numbers on it might have been a bit low for a first pass though so I'll probably buff it a bit. I have to be careful though because remember that monsters won't stop attacking, like players might, so it can do a lot of damage to them really fast if they are hard hitting enemies with a high attack speed.
    Bulwark curse is much stonger, plus reduces crit and got 0 sec cooldown, mage curse got 15 sec cooldown.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbadulaserosx View Post
    Yes, can counter curse with a pet named misty which removes curse and all debuff, many people use it in clash, but this pet got extreme long 40 sec cooldown.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Belive it or not, mage curse works in the same way:

Bulwark curse is much stonger, plus reduces crit and got 0 sec cooldown, mage curse got 15 sec cooldown.
    huumm i heard that mages' curse was based on damage taken and not on a fixed stat number =/ confused

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    huumm i heard that mages' curse was based on damage taken and not on a fixed stat number =/ confused
    Ikr, but this statement was false. Curse does not reflect back damage, curse takes damage based on the cursed damage stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I don't think anything should be nerfed - bulwark or SnS. I think new strategies to counter them should instead be thought of. Everyone creates these nerf this / buff that threads whenever something new is release. Honestly, people learn to adapt and the cry subsides.

Here's the inherent problem: Nott. STG has made them ridiculously weak and then try to compensate by giving them a stronger weapon. Sorry, this isn't a solution because it means the other two classes must have far weaker weapons. Instead, keep the game fun for everyone by fixing the problems of the Nott race. They truly need stun immunity and a better heal as well as some increased damage reduction to be competitive in this day and age.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I don't think anything should be nerfed - bulwark or SnS. I think new strategies to counter them should instead be thought of. Everyone creates these nerf this / buff that threads whenever something new is release. Honestly, people learn to adapt and the cry subsides.

Here's the inherent problem: Nott. STG has made them ridiculously weak and then try to compensate by giving them a stronger weapon. Sorry, this isn't a solution because it means the other two classes must have far weaker weapons. Instead, keep the game fun for everyone by fixing the problems of the Nott race. They truly need stun immunity and a better heal as well as some increased damage reduction to be competitive in this day and age.
    If mages were immune to stun it would be a great help. Also, maybe the shield duration could be longer and absorb more? That would give us the extra damage reduction. Our skills are descent and really like most other posts say mage>rouge>warrior>mage. The only problem for mages is rogues can one shot us, or stun us with charged auto and 3 shot us. If a mage lands the first shot on a rogue it's over but if the rogue gets first it it's a toss up. Rogues don't need to land the first blow to kill a warrior and warriors are the same when fighting mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Its doing the exact same as the mage curse skill, however mage curse skill got a long cooldown. Makes us mages more useless in pvp.

Rogues got last season arcane shield, warriors now curse like hell, next season warriors will have timeshift rogues will have fireball. Ok gives us juggernaut and aimed shot please.
    I like the last line...
    Something new for mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

It seems many have no problem with a 0 sec cooldown curse, then removing the cooldown of the arcane shield shouldnt be a problem either.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

This weapon is the key for a war to kill a rogue with 4000 health, it's been impossible unless there packs fail.

For a mythic weapon its damage is lower then most if not all legendary items at 41 (20-40 damage loss) where as the glaive grants 70 damage over bulwark and is lv 36 so if your gonna get rid of the curse boost its damage so it's at least round about the lv 36 mythic weapon

Also there limited edition, it's not like everyone has one, same with SNS its op but who cares there's not many out there

If the bulwark is nerfed then price will drop everyone will complain at sts, it will become useless and blast to the past everyone will be using magma swords again, no change!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to - Samdegreat For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Its doing the exact same as the mage curse skill, however mage curse skill got a long cooldown. Makes us mages more useless in pvp.

Rogues got last season arcane shield, warriors now curse like hell, next season warriors will have timeshift rogues will have fireball. Ok gives us juggernaut and aimed shot please.
    Rogues with fireballs?
    Check the proc on magmatic blades hahahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by - Samdegreat View Post
    This weapon is the key for a war to kill a rogue with 4000 health, it's been impossible unless there packs fail.

For a mythic weapon its damage is lower then most if not all legendary items at 41 (20-40 damage loss) where as the glaive grants 70 damage over bulwark and is lv 36 so if your gonna get rid of the curse boost its damage so it's at least round about the lv 36 mythic weapon

Also there limited edition, it's not like everyone has one, same with SNS its op but who cares there's not many out there

If the bulwark is nerfed then price will drop everyone will complain at sts, it will become useless and blast to the past everyone will be using magma swords again, no change!
    A curse with 0 sec cooldown, is it ok or no? Please answer