Thread: locking in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default locking in

why is it so hard to lock in on the enemy I want. I understand it picking up the most dangerous thing, even though sometimes I'd rather pick off some of the irritating guys first. But a lot of times it hones in n a small guy while, let say the snipper is pummeling me. even if i am next to or move around hi, that dotted line goes right though the snipper to mr. irrelevant. I was even next to the Keeper and couldn't unlock for the guy in the far corner. ARRRGG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyYno View Post
    why is it so hard to lock in on the enemy I want. I understand it picking up the most dangerous thing, even though sometimes I'd rather pick off some of the irritating guys first. But a lot of times it hones in n a small guy while, let say the snipper is pummeling me. even if i am next to or move around hi, that dotted line goes right though the snipper to mr. irrelevant. I was even next to the Keeper and couldn't unlock for the guy in the far corner. ARRRGG
    I had the same issue for ages until someone pointed out that you can just tap on the enemy of your choosing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Tap on a mob to target it. When all else fails, tap yourself to untarget your current target and try again.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

This game is hard if you have phat fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    When all else fails, tap yourself to untarget your current target and try again.
    This is great adice, I think I was playing PL for 6 months before I knew this.

Steverd
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I shouldnt matter as much in PVE in PVP it can be annoying when you lock into a barrel thats 30m away when theres a guy in front of you. Like everyone else said tap on the person you want auto-ed. And ALWAYS do that in PVP especially 1v1.
    I stand for one thing so I dont fall for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OMG, that's great. I thought I read a thread with someone wanting a toggle in the update, so I assumed it was a universal problem. Boy, those bad guys are in trouble now

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I wish we could customize locking. I'd set mine to target anything with low health. So many times I soften up mobs with skills and then lock, and I'll end up targeting something with a lot of health left. Meanwhile the nearly dead mobs members keep pounding on me when one hit would kill each one. I'd rather finish off the almost-dead before targeting healthy ones because obviously the higher the number in the mob the more damage to me.

I do know I can tap myself to unlock and tap a target to lock on, but in the heat of a tough battle in which one wrong move = dead mage, it's annoying to have to reset a target.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Or, if you have AOE skills, you *want* to target the ones with more health, so that the next AOE can finish off the almost dead ones.

Personally, I don't mind that auto isn't totally smart. Otherwise, there would be even less skill needed for PL
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    Or, if you have AOE skills, you *want* to target the ones with more health, so that the next AOE can finish off the almost dead ones.

Personally, I don't mind that auto isn't totally smart. Otherwise, there would be even less skill needed for PL
    Oh yeah, no doubt, usually 1 more hit with AOE skills finishes off anything left, so normally I want to target the strongest, healthiest member to cut him down to size. The only frustration comes when I'm swarmed and my health is going down faster than my AOE skills cool down. In that case, it would be nice to be able to thin the mob out faster.

That's why I'd love to be able to customize locking. In a boss battle, target the strongest. For mobs, target lowest health.

But you're right, it does take skill to target well and perhaps I just need to practice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    Oh yeah, no doubt, usually 1 more hit with AOE skills finishes off anything left, so normally I want to target the strongest, healthiest member to cut him down to size. The only frustration comes when I'm swarmed and my health is going down faster than my AOE skills cool down. In that case, it would be nice to be able to thin the mob out faster.

That's why I'd love to be able to customize locking. In a boss battle, target the strongest. For mobs, target lowest health.

But you're right, it does take skill to target well and perhaps I just need to practice.
    Yeah I understand what you mean. I also encountered such problem at first. As time goes I am used to the method of taping on the enemy i want to attack first, i will tap on the strongest one if facing boss or mini boss and alot of other mobs. For mobs I think they can be clear rather fast by using frost and firestorm so I didnt find it a need to choose a target.
    Brotherhood Rocks!

Palyna Level 66 full int mage
    Palyne Level 30 Bear