Thread: Beginning trading guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Beginning trading guide

Hey there. I'm pretty new but as I'm working my way up the levels, my head is spinning with all the selling offers going on. I've looked around for some guides to pricing, but most of what I find is for very high level stuff.

Can any veterans offer some advice for what you should expect to pay for certain level pink, purples or greens? Say, under lvl 20? I know it's all a huge array of quality and value, not to mention the plethora of types of weapons and armor, but thinking about other newbs I'm hoping to keep people from getting burned by somebody selling a junk piece for 10K.

Let me set the stage by stating that today I was offered two different axes, an epic axe (epic = purple, right) which the seller said at varying times he would sell for 4K, 6K or 7K. Then 5 minutes later I was offered a pink axe of legend for 2500. I took the latter offer, thinking, hey, that's better than the other axe for 4K, but still scratching my head, unsure if I was ripped off or not.

Like I said, I looked around and didn't find any good general guidelines that were looking out for the newb buyer, so I hope this thread can grow a bit to help us out.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I highly advise you against buying low leveled items from sellers at the moment. Dont trust prices in the consignment shop either, as many prices are inaccurate. Because of the games highly volatile market, I would just save up for the lv 50 weapons and equips. But to help you out somewhat, realize that a vast majority of green and purple items across all levels are worthless in gold. Low level pinks are considered pricey, ranging anywhere from 100k to 700k. The reason why certain low level pinks cost is Because many players create twinks, or characters that are of a low level specifically for pvp. As such, low level pinks may sometimes be as costly as high level pinks. Or...they may be completely worthless, as there are better pinks in that level range

Case in point, dont buy anything as of now, just pick up loot from enemies. Check consignment shoppe prices and do a quick search in the traders market if you're desperate for gear, but normal enemy drops should suffice, as you will need to save up a lot for end game gear and potions.

I recommend you to sell off your own pinks based off of prices in Consignment Shops. To further help you out, you could tell me your class, level, and current set of equips (also note their color) that you have so that I can more accurately tell you what you need and how much they will cost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awesome advice thank you.

I would also like to add this piece of advice that came to me very recently. I was feeling stuck around level 14 or so and could not find a good group to help with the quests and day after day I only saw trash drops. Finally things turned around for me and I went from 15 to 20 in a day, collecting numerous greens and a couple purples a few of which I could use. So...just hang in there.

It also stands to reason that you shouldn't spend much money on a level you will soon be advancing past. I didn't know what else to do with my gold, but I guess I should be saving it like you advise. Some players have been very cool and gifted me with some useful stuff and I plan on carrying on that kindness and gifting my lower purples and greens when I find better.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Don't mention it! I'll be willing to donate some equips for you as well. Add me in-game, my name is Physiologic.