Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL PvP

  1. #1
    Senior Member Itoopeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    3310
    Posts
    2,996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default PL PvP

    For everyone who thinks they are pro, or better than someone else ->

    No one is good at PL pvp. The win/loss rate is mostly about luck, rest are from items, which increase someones luck.
    PvP in this game is based on POSSIBILITIES. Crit% Hit% Sun% Dodge% and so on.
    To actually see who is good at this game, STS should remove all percentages from PvP and allow us to build more health and armor. Also adding stuns and silences too so it would not be just dps fight. Crit% could actually stay because every class has very high crit%.

    As bear now: Im gonna snare you in my massive stacking hit% debuff for rest of your life so you wont hurt me if you dont dodge and get away.
    As bird now: Im just going to spam all my skills on you and hope at least some of them hit you and I dodge all your debuffs.

    ^Thats basically all luck of dodges and hits.

    After STS fixes this problem: You need fast fingers and a strategy to take down your opponent based on his skills and class. You know all hits are quaranteed and only stopping thing is his armor which has 100% success rate unlike dodges.
    As bear: Im just gonna trick this bird in my 1 second stun so I can get close and hit my cripple and after that all my abilities and hope I have enough armor and health to keep me alive until he dies.
    As bird: I would repulse him and make him waste that stun and then root him in place for enough time to shoot my full combo because bear is stronger in close combat.
    Mages should have more combos for massive bonus damages if those combos are used. Im not gonna give an example about mage because honestly, I have no idea how mage works because I never played that class.

    Also, birds blind could be turned into silence type thing so opponent can move and autoattack but not use his skills. OR it would be actual blind and target wont see anything because his screen would have turned black or grey but he could still move and use skills, but he has no idea where he is going or is he going to hit those skills anywhere.

    Fox could be something between mage, with many combos for bonus damage but still uses heavy armor like bear, but with less health and stats.
    Rhino would have lowest damage of all and mostly trust in autoattacks and and one damage skill and stun in charge. Rest all armor and heal.

    Regens are messed up in this game so maximum should be like 10 or 15 h/s so autoattacks would actually matter too and rhinos massive hammers would actually hit big chunck of opponents health by every hit. Still less than any class obiously due to consentration on maximum survivability.



    Currently as bird you know when bear hits his debuffs and dodges your blinds and stuff, you know you are in trouble, if you dont have massive luck (what all pros sometimes have, and that makes them evern more pro)

    Everyone who cries here about this thread and says im just someone who has never been good in pvp and so on and so on can just stop writing his comment right now. Those are not needed here at all.

    Comment what do you think about this concept and should sts take this and give it a try
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 09-22-2014 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language

  2. #2
    Senior Member Laar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    2,473
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    224
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    288
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Lol youre trying to turn PL into League of Legends

    First you introduce the ranked system, now you do this
    Everything you mentioned is so OP, for example the birds. You're gonna turn birds into a Lucian with a Zyra root + Teemo blind like wtf thats OP
    ya YEET

  3. #3
    Banned Ssneakykills's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South east of England
    Posts
    4,866
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,131
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,245
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

    Default

    No!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Itoopeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    3310
    Posts
    2,996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    Lol youre trying to turn PL into League of Legends

    First you introduce the ranked system, now you do this
    Everything you mentioned is so OP, for example the birds. You're gonna turn birds into a Lucian with a Zyra root + Teemo blind like wtf thats OP
    Still this is a class with significantly lower armor and health.
    As an example bird would have 500 health and 200 armor (-40% incoming damage)
    Bear would have 900hp with 600 armor (-85% incoming damage or something like that)

    In case of bird vs bird it would be all about knowing your range so you could walk in and out and hit your skills but cause your opponent to miss his.

    And mage would wear similiar armor as bird but she has more burst damage and shorter range. To kill bird she could use mana shield 400+800=1200health basically. And burst the bird down before before he can take advantage of birds higher dps.

    Im not turning this into league of legends, Im trying to give people new concept to think about. The current luck based pvp just causes cry and rage because "pros" get beaten by new lucky naabs. Even tho if these old players had the skill, They could still be losing a lot if opponents happen to have good luck with dodges and hits and stuff. It is very annoying when opponent really has that luck to dodge all debuffs and then kill you and spam laugh and fart emotes. It would not happen anymore because more skill -> better win rate it would be so simple

    And forget the ranked system thing i admit that was from league

  5. #5
    Guardian of Alterra KingFu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,897
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    824
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,855
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

    Default

    Do you only make rage posts?

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Senior Member Laar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    California, United States
    Posts
    2,473
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    224
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    288
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    But still Lucian + Zyra + Teemo is pretty OP, not to mention that Lucian is the best ADC right now in League alongside Tristana, so making him even more OP in PL is like insane
    ya YEET

  8. #7
    Senior Member Itoopeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    3310
    Posts
    2,996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    But still Lucian + Zyra + Teemo is pretty OP, not to mention that Lucian is the best ADC right now in League alongside Tristana, so making him even more OP in PL is like insane
    I have never played Lucian or zyra or tristana so i am not making bird into lucian or something. Bird wont be op, because he is the squishiest character and he doesnt even have highest damage output in game.

    Bear has damage debuff and damage buff, he has second highest survivability and really good dps. Bear has stun and three snare skills. If you compare bear to league of legends champions, you see bear is very op too.

    And so is mage with very high burst damage and proper shield.

    Fox is balancing between medium-high survivability, melee range and higher burst than bird, but a lot lower dps in general.

    Rhino does lowest damage but has highest survivability. He is like tanky trundle with strong heal and medium auto attack damage and not many damage skills.


    All characters are OP = balanced PvP so basically none of them are OP because they are all as strong in different categories that they can take advantage of.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Rescind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Posts
    2,725
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    102
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    349
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

    Default

    I don't get how all characters will be OP.. Clearly you're giving the bears a big advantage. You might as well take damage buff, crit%, and hit% out and have no damage reduction skills because that seems more balanced than what you're stating
    Last edited by Rescind; 09-22-2014 at 05:31 AM.
     
    FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

     
    BOO!

  10. #9
    Senior Member Lexlyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    975
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    54
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

    Default

    Wow... This is just rage, you are adding statistics to make it a little bit more "trustable" but all you are saying is actually false ( at balanced lvls ). When you win 10-0 vs the same class, same gear its because you have a better build, combo, timing, range knowledge etc.
    So yes there is an important luck factor but its not all about luck.

    And this thread only concern 1vs1 but Pl pvp is based on team deathmatch mode, not go system.

    Ps: Go.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lexlyde For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Senior Member AppleNoob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    AppleLand
    Posts
    1,427
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    72
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    107
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    Still this is a class with significantly lower armor and health.
    As an example bird would have 500 health and 200 armor (-40% incoming damage)
    Bear would have 900hp with 600 armor (-85% incoming damage or something like that)

    In case of bird vs bird it would be all about knowing your range so you could walk in and out and hit your skills but cause your opponent to miss his.

    And mage would wear similiar armor as bird but she has more burst damage and shorter range. To kill bird she could use mana shield 400+800=1200health basically. And burst the bird down before before he can take advantage of birds higher dps.

    Im not turning this into league of legends, Im trying to give people new concept to think about. The current luck based pvp just causes cry and rage because "pros" get beaten by new lucky naabs. Even tho if these old players had the skill, They could still be losing a lot if opponents happen to have good luck with dodges and hits and stuff. It is very annoying when opponent really has that luck to dodge all debuffs and then kill you and spam laugh and fart emotes. It would not happen anymore because more skill -> better win rate it would be so simple

    And forget the ranked system thing i admit that was from league
    Nobody really wants PL to be league of legends, the reason why is because PL as a game has its own and individual style that keeps me coming back for more.

    I disagree with you on how you said nobody is good at this game, i have seen people stomp kite, time their heals, fire me at the right time, and so on. What im trying to see is instead of doing one massive change like the Great nerf which didn't work so well in some cases, instead offer small changes to the game and slowly change over to a better version.
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

  13. #11
    Senior Member Oculus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    604
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    220
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    37
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

    Default

    Hmm seems pretty cool to me.
    One thing though, no such thing as luck, it's chance.

  14. #12
    Senior Member Itoopeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    3310
    Posts
    2,996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    54
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    154
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AppleNoob View Post
    Nobody really wants PL to be league of legends, the reason why is because PL as a game has its own and individual style that keeps me coming back for more.

    I disagree with you on how you said nobody is good at this game, i have seen people stomp kite, time their heals, fire me at the right time, and so on. What im trying to see is instead of doing one massive change like the Great nerf which didn't work so well in some cases, instead offer small changes to the game and slowly change over to a better version.
    Oh you have 1% Health left and you stomp kite me... Let me dodge that and your HS snare too and kill you with double screams. <- that wouldnt happen anymore

  15. #13
    Senior Member Waug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    259
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    620
    Thanked in
    432 Posts

    Default

    pl PvP is not bad all, just devs couldn't optimize as lvl cap kept arriving.

    BTW it sounds like as a regular football player u complain football is not being as tactical as chess.
    Brand new DISCORD server for everyone -(4M3CZBx) https://discord.gg/4M3CZBx
    & PL exclusive YT Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRk...kraIvg0g/about

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    884
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    If u think pl pvp is no skill, check out al pvp, its whoever has the better gear no skill needed, ex: a arcane rogue vs a non arcane rogue, the non wrcane can have alot better tapping skills and shoot 3 skills and not kill then arcane, the arcane will just tap one skill and its gg, so the point is enjoy pl pvp.

  17. #15
    Banned Intersection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In paradise
    Posts
    271
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    25
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

    Default

    I will I'm fairly new im I've decided Al pvp requires no skill so have come to u guys seeking fun that I know I will receive

  18. #16
    Senior Member GiveMeWings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Spain doe
    Posts
    746
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    If u think pl pvp is no skill, check out al pvp, its whoever has the better gear no skill needed, ex: a arcane rogue vs a non arcane rogue, the non wrcane can have alot better tapping skills and shoot 3 skills and not kill then arcane, the arcane will just tap one skill and its gg, so the point is enjoy pl pvp.
    pl pvp needs skill there are lot of ppl who has the right timing and know how to pvp well, sure you need a good hear but like all pvp/pve games, don't forget there is also pve in the game...It is also luck sometimes you dodge sometimes no, but a skilled person beats 10-3 or more a non skilled person that three deads are thanks to luck
    All of us have two sides, You choose where to be


  19. #17
    Senior Member GiveMeWings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Spain doe
    Posts
    746
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    oo sorry I didn't read the whole message though u said pl pvp didnt need skill soz
    All of us have two sides, You choose where to be


  20. #18
    Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Stalking Chris. Shhh!!!
    Posts
    4,964
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    957
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    394
    Thanked in
    281 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    PvP in this game is based on POSSIBILITIES. Crit% Hit% Sun%
    Like the possibility of getting a sun burn? Not gunna lie my Mage would look hot af with a nice tan.

    Voted bes hair 69 years running. Much swag pls

  21. #19
    Luminary Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,019
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,201
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,089
    Thanked in
    773 Posts

    Default

    Lol you're no good at PL so you say no one is good at PL

    Almost as bad as Anigraasas

  22. #20
    Senior Member GiveMeWings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Spain doe
    Posts
    746
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    48
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    61
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    Lol you're no good at PL so you say no one is good at PL

    Almost as bad as Anigraasas
    lelelel I just found anigraasas the other day with my bear... he called me noob and said he owns all lv77 even with lust sets and 3 pc rings, then he added he would make a lv 61 mage to own all lv 61 players in game lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •