Thread: Anti-Whine/Anti-Hate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Anti-Whine/Anti-Hate

Ok, after a brutal verse off with a few top of the food chain characters, has me wondering about other peoples perspective about pvp'ing. Now before anyone starts commenting terrible things about what this thread has to talk about, notice the title for this topic. If you have a problem, please leave via the return button.

Everyone argues about how Sorcerers have the best advantage in pvp because of our shield, which i have to agree on some extent, but I have a comment to say about that. Our shield is mainly based on how high our STR/INT is currently at. After a shield is cast, you have 2 seconds of invulnerability. How come this does not portray to my little blue guy? I get 4200 critted right after i cast it out. Its weird. Like the glitch to where if you cast out a heal, if you are hit RIGHT when you cast it the heal doesn't "register" and you're stuck there with the same hp you were at.

Now, the point that im hoping to make today is about the ever so talked about ganging thats going on. I know its a huge aspect of the game and yes i've done it also, yada-yada. My problem is a whole team filled with arcane rings, Sns, 300mil invested into account players.

A Sorcerer is supposedly a support class but really, who do we support?! Only thing we do support wise is either: give mana to other players, knock-off hp so other players can kill (which im okay with, pvp is a team thing), or be shooting targets for the enemies so "other players" can get kill. We already have the lowest armor/dodge/crit % in PVP HISTORY. And no, i dont want to hear stories or "How to's" from other players. I've tried everything when it comes to pvp, best thing to do is either leave, find a way to hack into AL and enhance your mage, or to raise 100m and buy an arcane ring yourself, which can take up to 5 minutes to 5 years.
    Last edited by Justg; 09-22-2014 at 10:41 AM. Reason: less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Twink at all? :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I've seen reports on twinking and i steer clear of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Great another pro mage gone.
    As for ganging cant say much other than leave the game and get called a nub.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Jasper I empathize with you totally. Mages are a VERY difficult class to be great at because they are disproportionately weak in pvp. With the recent Bulwark buff, and razor shield glitch being abused, mages don't really stand much of a chance unless they are fully maxed.

I think the issue, however, is bigger than just going to head to head with other players, and comparing which class is better. Rather, the issue is that CTF is not being played as it was intended. It's CAPTURE THE (****ING) FLAG, not let's go 5v5 and murder eachother in a cesspool of animations, where we do the panic dance for 75% of the fight, and the team with more tanks and arcane items usually wins.

Jasper, I've said this a lot, and I think if people start playing CTF properly, then they will realize that mages are an AWESOME class. In real CTF a mage can be an asset to a team because of their ability to stun, slow, and use wind to fly by characters.

Give real CTF a try, and then reconsider how good a mage is at pvp.

Also, feel free to PM me if you're trying to organize a CTF match. I'm always down!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to raw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    Jasper I empathize with you totally. Mages are a VERY difficult class to be great at because they are disproportionately weak in pvp. With the recent Bulwark buff, and razor shield glitch being abused, mages don't really stand much of a chance unless they are fully maxed.

I think the issue, however, is bigger than just going to head to head with other players, and comparing which class is better. Rather, the issue is that CTF is not being played as it was intended. It's CAPTURE THE (****ING) FLAG, not let's go 5v5 and murder eachother in a cesspool of animations, where we do the panic dance for 75% of the fight, and the team with more tanks and arcane items usually wins.

Jasper, I've said this a lot, and I think if people start playing CTF properly, then they will realize that mages are an AWESOME class. In real CTF a mage can be an asset to a team because of their ability to stun, slow, and use wind to fly by characters.

Give real CTF a try, and then reconsider how good a mage is at pvp.

Also, feel free to PM me if you're trying to organize a CTF match. I'm always down!
    Real ctf!!
    Man make it 10 goals per game and ill be so happy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Haha I have to be honest, in all my times of playing CTF I've never once tried to play the game for its purpose. Ill definitely hit you up! Sounds like CTF could be an awesome game to play if we actually capture/defend flags.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I remember in 5th grade our class was obsessed with Ctf. We played almost everyday and went real hardcore one day when every 5th grader in the school played against the 4th and 3rd graders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Agreed, but anyone who thinks mages have "the best advantage" has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO PLAY MAGE! I used to nuke down rogues at 24, but the new gear and skill swaps etc make it impossible.

But seriously, who on earth said mages had an advantage in pvp? That's hilariously ignorant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBells (Jasper) View Post
    I've seen reports on twinking and i steer clear of it
    Twinking has a bad rep mainly because people dont know how to ignore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I play my mythic mage just to receive story tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBells (Jasper) View Post
    Haha I have to be honest, in all my times of playing CTF I've never once tried to play the game for its purpose. Ill definitely hit you up! Sounds like CTF could be an awesome game to play if we actually capture/defend flags.
    Players would need an incentive for wanting to win the "capture the flag'' game as a team. I had suggested in an old thread that on a player's profile, ctf games won and lost (as a team) ratio should show up. This would encourage players to play as a team and capture/protect those flags with teamwork. Without this, players just walk around aimlessly killing opponents on sight.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 09-25-2014 at 06:16 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post: