Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remember when...you were a noob - kind mentors or funny stories...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by giayuan View Post
    gunnderak he quit now unfortunately becuz of "lack of content" apparently..but anyway, he gifted me 1k gold when i was a little noob and of course, thats a big amount than
    He fell in Graal Online , I think.
    I remember he spend weeks farming in order to get a gurgox hammer he ended up buying 400k, only to see everybody with one few weeks later, barely traded around 10k after an update.

Been trying to find someone to help out for the last half hour... Not easy as I thought. Most of the players I joined were suddenly asking for gold or to be power lvled...
    Meh... I'll find one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most old players in this game are dbags, so I learned the game and leveled by myself. Divine hooked me up with a few pinks at lvl 30, so outside Divine....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    No one mentored me.
    Me either. I just kind of lurked on the forums here until I got my first character up to 50. I never joined or posted because everyone on here seemed to have been here for a LONG time, and never made any real in-game friends since chatting in dungeons in almost impossible. Now I just spend all my time leveling my 3 alts and adding a lot of newbies and helping them out.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

When I started playing Pocket Legends I had never played a MMO style game. I knew absolutely nothing and although I had some people step up and mentor me along the way I learned by playing each level over and over and trying out my skills to learn what they do and how they effect others in my game. I didn't even purchase AO2-3 until I was at level 47 and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I learned each level inside and out and made all of my friends by leveling up with them. Any advice I received from levels above me I took and utilized although I did find that asking questions along the way didn't get me much except ridicule.

When I created my second character I power leveled with friends and, although it was quick, the initial exploration of the levels, multiple tries to beat bosses and learned teamwork is the best part of it all!

Granted even though I leveled up the proper way I still didn't know a lot of things by the time I got to 50. So take the time to explain things to those who are less experienced than you, they may really need the information but were too embarrassed to ask. Now I'm glad to help out any new player that takes the time to talk to me, ask (good) questions, and anyone who really wants to enjoy the game and all it has to offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I definitely had no mentor. My experience consisted of a lot of “HTF did they do that??” moments, followed by a lot of experimentation to figure it out. How to initiate or accept a trade session, where the consignment shop is, item rarity and value, combos, how to open the cells in Captive Audience without pulling… none of these things were even close to obvious. Also, at least when I downloaded the app from the Android Market, there was nothing linking to the forum.