Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Letter to Spacetime Games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I get a kick out of hearing players complain about the lack of new gear. I started playing about mid-way through nordr (31) cap. Just before Shuyal released, a ton of players were freaking out about their mythics becoming obsolete. They didn't want all their hard work to obtain mythics be trumped by pinks. So, the upgraded mythic quest line was introduced. I took about a year off after few months of playing 36 cap. I returned to hear the exact opposite argument - The same mythics are the only viable end-game gear for the past however many seasons... Makes me chuckle.
    THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Was just Curious.. Is it going to be Legend game or Battle or something completely different?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

My guess is new game won't be like any other and is some kind of battle arena game aka MOBA
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fumolamota View Post
    I get a kick out of hearing players complain about the lack of new gear. I started playing about mid-way through nordr (31) cap. Just before Shuyal released, a ton of players were freaking out about their mythics becoming obsolete. They didn't want all their hard work to obtain mythics be trumped by pinks. So, the upgraded mythic quest line was introduced. I took about a year off after few months of playing 36 cap. I returned to hear the exact opposite argument - The same mythics are the only viable end-game gear for the past however many seasons... Makes me chuckle.
    It's not that it's that the brand new armor in Arena is weaker than both Magma from Tindirin and also the past event crate gear... It doesn't have to unseat mythics.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evicted View Post
    Was just Curious.. Is it going to be Legend game or Battle or something completely different?
    For what I heard a new Legends title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Try adding some interesting PvE content instead of just making chase items through events/boss fights. Grinding one map to kill just a boss gets boring fast. Maybe others like fighting just the boss but what is the point of mage, rogue and tank when you just fight a boss? A tank can't even stop most damage effects done by a boss and AOE and crowd control is useless for just fighting bosses. Stop boosting limited release items. By now you should know what players want so there is no need to be boosting stuff after the fact. This is not season 1. Also invest some time in fixing PvP by balancing classes, since I started in season 2 the same complaints still exist. And make some new maps for PvP, having just 2 PvP maps gets boring.

Everything since goblin event has been going down hill and nothing that I have read or seen since then has interested me in playing again. If you are thinking adding chase items in arena and grinding new tombs will bring people back, I think you are mistaken.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Why no learn to enjoy of Planar Arena?, There is so much to do in the game, always happens after of a 1 day of new update everyone are bored, i´m 100% sure when come hallowen event in 2 or 5 days they want something new. Do not panic STS never stop worrying about AL they know to do. Every day they can not be thrown great content, it take time.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeuedris View Post
    Why no learn to enjoy of Planar Arena?, There is so much to do in the game, always happens after of a 1 day of new update everyone are bored, i´m 100% sure when come hallowen event in 2 or 5 days they want something new. Do not panic STS never stop worrying about AL they know to do. Every day they can not be thrown great content, it take time.
    Planar Arena is fun, but we lose gold running it. They made hard content with lesser gear, really doesn't add up. The fossil is LOL, the first three bosses drop nothing, and the arena master chest is filled with noble and architect. So yeah. I'm all about Arena but they need to fix the loot. It's waste of time right now once you earn the AP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Planar Arena is fun, but we lose gold running it. They made hard content with lesser gear, really doesn't add up. The fossil is LOL, the first three bosses drop nothing, and the arena master chest is filled with noble and architect. So yeah. I'm all about Arena but they need to fix the loot. It's waste of time right now once you earn the AP.
    well in my case I do not worry about getting nekro egg , farm things elite rather sell them , make money and start to buy things :P

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeuedris View Post
    well in my case I do not worry about getting nekro egg , farm things elite rather sell them , make money and start to buy things :P
    GL then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    GL then.
    yap thanks you, I will start for buy singe or elondrian gun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

As far as I'm concerned the new Arena is just the old arena with a coat of paint thrown over the previously bugged arena. I look at the new bugs listed for Arena and seems like they almost replicate the old bugs.

Will there be additional information about the tombs that will somehow separate them from the old tombs? It's almost like adding a new Brackenridge village with Jarl at the end just with a new layout path to get to him.

I suggested something really simple at the beginning of the season - just rotate new gear throughout the elite maps at cap every month. This way, old gear will keep it's value because it would be somewhat exclusive. It could be as simple as going :

• Tindirin Wilds
    • Magma rogue blades (1st month) > Magma bow (2nd month) > Dragon blades (3rd month) > Dragon bow (4th month)
    • Tindirin Path
    • Magma staff > Magma gun > Dragon staff > Dragon gun
    • Tindirin Caves
    • Magma sword > Magma shield > Dragon sword > Dragon shield

You release mythic weapons / gear 1-2 months after initial release of new content and the gear rotated out from elites gets progressively closer in stats to the mythic weapons / gear that was released months earlier. This would keep the market happy, it would keep elite farmers happy, and the gear gap would be healthy and not so vast. You could even throw in weekends where :

'This weekend only! Dark magma items will be dropping'

Where the items just have a different coloration but for 1 weekend only. People love variation and exclusive items with a little pop. Or even something like :

'This weekend only! Elite Tribal Aberration is now twice as strong but when defeated the gear dropped will have an additional 100 hp'

Just throwing suggestions out there. Love you guys and wish the best for the AL community. In general, just rotating dropped loot like this generates the desire to do something new and keeps the economy healthy.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 09-23-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey gang,

We have a ton of stuff in work for you. Soon I will be posting the October Producer's Letter that will detail what's happening. If you haven't read previous updates, check out September at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mp-Next-Client

The fact of the matter is that everything goes through cycles. Right now the Planar Arena is missing its other half and some great end game farming and action with the Planar Tombs. Also, back to school is typically a slower time for online gaming as many players find the have less disposable free time than they did over the summer. It's ok. That's just part of life. The honest reality is that there are 10's of thousands of new people that come into Arcane Legends daily and thousands and thousands more who come back to play every day. While things may be changing for you, I can say that Arcane Legends has a very healthy following.

I hope that helps.

-Samhayne
    Sam,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...42#post1839542

It would be nice if STS responded to suggestion threads more often. Players here have a lot of good ideas, and regardless of what your stats may be telling you, I can tell you what I see in my guild. Activity level is at an all-time low. Interest in elite maps is also at an all time low and is limited to Jagged Trail, Caves and the occasional Wilds run (assuming players even want to bother running due to poor loot rate, stagnant market, etc.) . Loot rate is as bad as I've ever remembered, all the way around, elite, supergems, crates, arena, you name it.

Arena, while beautiful is not profitable, and to be honest, the non-stop K.O.'s get a bit tedious, which causes all but the most hardcore to give up on it (therefore, not many are farming there).

The market overall has come to a standstill, everyone is just hoarding their gold at the moment, because no one knows what is going on, when the Halloween event will come, etc. The loot coming from the arena and elite Tindirin is generally inferior to the Druid/Spirit gear, so for the most part, farming is a fruitless endeavor, since Druid/Spirit is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Just take a look at the Elite (Pure) LB. There are a surprising number of solo/duo recordholders. This is an obvious indication of end-game apathy.

Honestly, there is nothing to farm for. Vials are basically non-existent. Magma is worthless (except for one version of the Claymore and Totem). Locked Crates are so undervalued, that the worst case of 2k x 3 actually is worth more than the crate itself, so crate farmers are hurting. All the way around, veterans of this game are hurting and losing interest. Tindirin has been around for over six months now, which is a really, really long time. Granted, there were two events since the introduction of the Dragon Enclave, but still, these maps have been overfarmed and something new needs to be introduced. An OHKO Arena isn't really the solution we were all looking for.

Sam, what we need to see is something exciting, something that reinvigorates the market, something that gets folks running once again, something new to talk about. It just seems that there has been a lot of errors in the game lately, a lot of rebalancing, a lot of second guessing and all that does is cause hesitation in your veteran gamer pool. In down times like these, I would have hoped that there would have been more consideration for your veteran population, more transparency, more responsiveness to good suggestions, and less "there are 10's of thousands of new people....". I'd be willing to bet that a considerable portion of those 10's of thousands are people like me, that set up a new account to play a different class, try out some different builds, then eventually discard the toon. Transient players don't really add anything to the community, so using those statistics is akin to saying that your veterans, those that started at the lv16 cap, that grew along with the game, rallied to the defense of the community, contributed a lot to what we have here, are of equal value to those that will likely be here for a just few days.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Wow Kali... I didn't even read your suggestion post and the very first line is exactly what I had always been thinking!
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I really have to agree with you. I've been playing AL since it came out. I've seen it change over the seasons, but ever since that Ursoth's crap happened, the game just just gone down. It even made me quit, and I thought I would stick to the game for much longer.. :/
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Sam,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...42#post1839542

It would be nice if STS responded to suggestion threads more often. Players here have a lot of good ideas, and regardless of what your stats may be telling you, I can tell you what I see in my guild. Activity level is at an all-time low. Interest in elite maps is also at an all time low and is limited to Jagged Trail, Caves and the occasional Wilds run (assuming players even want to bother running due to poor loot rate, stagnant market, etc.) . Loot rate is as bad as I've ever remembered, all the way around, elite, supergems, crates, arena, you name it.

Arena, while beautiful is not profitable, and to be honest, the non-stop K.O.'s get a bit tedious, which causes all but the most hardcore to give up on it (therefore, not many are farming there).

The market overall has come to a standstill, everyone is just hoarding their gold at the moment, because no one knows what is going on, when the Halloween event will come, etc. The loot coming from the arena and elite Tindirin is generally inferior to the Druid/Spirit gear, so for the most part, farming is a fruitless endeavor, since Druid/Spirit is plentiful and relatively cheap.

Just take a look at the Elite (Pure) LB. There are a surprising number of solo/duo recordholders. This is an obvious indication of end-game apathy.

Honestly, there is nothing to farm for. Vials are basically non-existent. Magma is worthless (except for one version of the Claymore and Totem). Locked Crates are so undervalued, that the worst case of 2k x 3 actually is worth more than the crate itself, so crate farmers are hurting. All the way around, veterans of this game are hurting and losing interest. Tindirin has been around for over six months now, which is a really, really long time. Granted, there were two events since the introduction of the Dragon Enclave, but still, these maps have been overfarmed and something new needs to be introduced. An OHKO Arena isn't really the solution we were all looking for.

Sam, what we need to see is something exciting, something that reinvigorates the market, something that gets folks running once again, something new to talk about. It just seems that there has been a lot of errors in the game lately, a lot of rebalancing, a lot of second guessing and all that does is cause hesitation in your veteran gamer pool. In down times like these, I would have hoped that there would have been more consideration for your veteran population, more transparency, more responsiveness to good suggestions, and less "there are 10's of thousands of new people....". I'd be willing to bet that a considerable portion of those 10's of thousands are people like me, that set up a new account to play a different class, try out some different builds, then eventually discard the toon. Transient players don't really add anything to the community, so using those statistics is akin to saying that your veterans, those that started at the lv16 cap, that grew along with the game, rallied to the defense of the community, contributed a lot to what we have here, are of equal value to those that will likely be here for a just few days.
    Well said! I had to lol at the "healthy following" statement they really have no clue what's going on. Things are changing for everyone.. I can't imagine entering this game now as a brand new player and staying. What keeps most of us here now is the bond with our friends/guildmates and the hope that things will CHANGE for the positive.
    Last edited by Raregem; 09-23-2014 at 04:26 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The solution is new gear that is better than level 36 mythics, better than mythic ring, that is only obtainable by farming. Putting all the best gear in crates does not encourage people to play the game.

The more time people spend actually engaged and playing - doing runs and participating, the more plat they will spend overall, and the longer they will stay as customers. By making all the top items only obtainable by sitting in town popping locks, you're undermining the entire game aspect of the enterprise. If people wanted to sit and shell out hundreds of dollars on a chance to get rich, they would go to a casino. This is a Game which means people want to actually play and have a decent chance to get the best items by actually using skills, running maps and getting their loot.

This does NOT mean you do 1000 elite runs and never see a sign of anything worth over 500k. This means if you put in the effort you have a viable chance of getting properly rewarded. Shards have a chance to drop from elite gold dragon chests - but nobody has ever obtained one this way because the odds are so minuscule that there is no hope of this happening. The odds of getting arcanes from elite runs should be substantially higher that getting one from a crate where you can pop 500 of them in a row. Nobody's going to open 500 elite golds at a sitting, so why are the odds the same or lower for this method?

Where is the reward for getting skilled and working hard? This whole loot model is backwards. Sure, it's fine that people are able to get things by being lazy and paying, but those who want to earn their gear by taking risks, making an effort and having skill should have a much greater chance of profiting than those who do nothing. When you can't profit or get any reward for making an effort, why would anyone bother to continue playing?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yay, Nekro released! (oh darn, its a crate drop)
    Yay, Arena released (limps away beaten and bruised alot poorer than before. I wont try that again)
    Yay, plat farmers banned (huh? crates below 5k, luck 12k, anks 70k, guess i wont farm Jarl or k3 anymore)
    Yay, people complained and everything gets buffed (uhh hello, anybody? us mages are here...anyone?)
    Oh well, back to the grind. (/g need warr and 2 dps for caves)
    Lol I still love you STS. Ill be playing this game till im the last person standing in Kraag!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to spasmatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

well insted of a "concise and specific" explanation, like other members "Good comments btw GoodSyntax, and Serancha " ill keep mine simple down to the point.

1. we need better stuff to farm.
    2. arenas are just for killing time..and if your lucky you get a nice drop.
    3. Time is money, so please the longer something is developed, the more time passes that someone else will just leave and spend else where. "like I did" Dead Trigger is great
    4. something that doesn't involve elite to farm...to much time is waisted..but if it does require tons of time..make the payout worth it and guaranteed.
    5. something that anyone can get..even with legendary gear....not just mythic and arcane...some adults like me don't have the time to devote long play sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

Everything since goblin event has been going down hill and nothing that I have read or seen since then has interested me in playing again. If you are thinking adding chase items in arena and grinding new tombs will bring people back, I think you are mistaken.
    agreed.
    Last edited by octavos; 09-24-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Serancha made me do it.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

26. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

A couple of great posts up there. I think we can all agree that we would all like to see AL continue to enjoy the kind of success we believe it deserves. Sam said many new players are coming into the game and that's awesome. I guess from sts' perspective, if more new players are coming in than old players leaving, it is a success. I had no idea this was happening. So, the game is healthier than its ever been.

Thanks for listening to some of our gripes.