Thread: Farming Needs Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default Farming Needs Help

Farming for loot is dead. What is the point? Even the best drops don't sell for much and are hard to even get someone to buy. I've got my best items through locks. This is the only place you can get these items. All arcane pets, gear, mythics are in locks. I suppose if I had 2k elite golden dragonscale chest I might be super lucky and get a shard but no one can ever reasonably be expected to loot that many. You certainly can't afford to buy them unless you opened locks and got lucky.

This game needs the items that are contained in locks to drop throughout Arlor. There should be no item that is only lootable via locks. These items shouldn't be easy to get through farming which keeps people opening locks for a quicker means to this end. Right now locks are the only means to this end. If you want the best gear you can only reasonable achieve this by popping locks. Some veterans have done well for themselves merching but I bet if they had to start all over again from scratch they couldn't do it given the current state of the game. The old saying it takes money to make money is true and right now it's almost impossible to make money. You could spend an eternity farming locks but that is far too painful and very slow to accumulate any significant wealth.

I think a free player who spends hours and hours and hours farming should have a reasonable chance of being a top geared player. As it stands it just isn't possible. This forum has been bustling with threads about the current state of the game and I agree with every one of them. Either you are a top geared pvp player or an under geared toon that doesn't know what to do. Even top geared pve players are bored because there is no reason to farm maps other than the satisfaction of completing the challenge. This satisfaction wears off after completing these runs, what 10, 20 times? Then it is the gear drops that give satisfaction.

This game needs to become more free friendly. You will still have those that spend money to get geared quicker, but I think the player base would expand if new players didn't get disheartened knowing the only way to become a top geared player is through thousands of real life dollars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I think the problem is that wherever you farm, you are farming one certain item, called locked.
    But in PL, you get different things in different maps, so even if there are thousands of people farming, everyone would get different items. So what you've got is not what everyone got, therefore, you can sell higher.
    Unlike PL, AL is mainly about locked and elite items(endgame maps only since the best gear for twinks doesn't come from elite but event/discontinued items). So when there are thousands of people farming them, of course, the price get lower and lower since everyone gets the same items...

I may not explain the way I wanna express, sorry for my language barrier
    IGN:Nonplat