Thread: Beginner's guide to becoming a better sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Beginner's guide to becoming a better sorcerer

BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO BUILDING YOUR SORCERER
    First off, I'd like to thank everyone whose steady support and knowledge has shaped my sorcerer into what it is today. Now I am nowhere NEAR to being considered one of the best sorcerers in AL, but tips from others and my personal experiences has shown me a few things that i'd like to give back to the sorcerer community.

To begin this guide, lets start with what gear a sorcerer can benefit from.

GEAR

To begin, gear is based around players choice. If you want to live longer, go with Ancient Druid gear, and if you want to take out your opponents faster, upgraded mythic gear is your cup of tea. Now for weapons, if you can't afford a Kershal or Elondrian rifle (like a majority of players), the next step away would be to use an Expedition Rifle of Brutality. But why not an Expedition Rifle of Assault? Why, because the 3.5-4.8 damage/dps, 1.10% dodge, .77% critical chance don't help as much as the 119 HP & 22 STR you receive from the Expedition Rifle of Brutality. But again, this is PLAYERS CHOICE, so use whichever you feel you can benefit from the most. RINGS you can use include: Archon rings, Elondrian Grove Ring, Blood Ruby of Shuyal, (And any other ring i may have forgot about!) To go way into depth about the rings will take a lifetime but ill brush over the important pieces. ARCHON RINGS - Archon rings differ from: potency, celerity, brutality, assault, fatality, force, savvy, fitness & grace. Each ring offers a buff from: 2.5% armor, 2.5% damage, 3.5% crit chance, added armor, dodge, you name it. (To explain about how to use these rings is beyond my knowledge and moves away from the PLAYERS CHOICE i talked about earlier). Same goes with Elondrian Grove Rings, use them how YOU see fit. Blood Ruby of Shuyal rings are by far the best ring to use in MY OPINION. Depending on your play style, if you need extra hp, look for a ring w/ life shards in it. If you need extra damage, a ring with glacial gems is your best bet. I have yet to see a hybrid of gems being used effectively, but if I'm mistaken, please call me out on it! NECKLACES that are mainly used are the Lunar pendant and the Wild talisman of brutality. Lunar pendants provide more damage and crit while the Wild talisman of brutality provide more hp and proc. (Proc for Wild is chance to take damage to proc +25 STR/INT/DEX. While different stat procs can stack, the same one cannot), meaning i cant get two +25 INT proc at the same time. I find it that being ganged by other players, the Wild's proc doesn't mount up to what its suppose to be, but with a good, even-balance clash, you'll notice the difference.

PETS

Instanthumor pretty much summed it right down to the bone with pets. Samael is by far the best pet in the game because of its incredible AoE stun.On top of that, Samael adds +10% damage & crit, which i will cover soon. Like Instanthumor said, coming in 2nd place would be shadowlurk, which if you'd like to find out more, go visit
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?154519-Guide-The-Mage-Kills-The-Maul!-Part-II for a better read-up.

STATS

The most commonly used setup for sorcerer would have to be, Fireball, Lightning, Lifegiver & Arcane Shield. In most cases, this is a good enough build to deal with any enemy, but again, if you're having problem with defeating warriors, check out Instanthumors thread -
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?154519-Guide-The-Mage-Kills-The-Maul!-Part-II -- But what about rouges? How do i defeat a rouge that uses razor shield? All those answers are simple. Think about it, a rouges razor shield is up for 3 seconds, (more with the longer duration. I believe its 5 seconds but correct me if i'm wrong). The best way I've dealt with a rouge that's using razor shield is to make sure i'm using shadowlurk and that my STR & INT are as high as i can get them. Your arcane shield reflects around having a HIGH STR & STR. I've been told 140-150 STR is ideal for shield, which has proven to be true so make sure your STR is near that. Make sure you're using 3 attack skills when fighting a rouge for i noticed this has helped, (PLAYERS CHOICE of course). Getting the most damage againts a rouge before your shield pops is a MUST, thats why using shadowlurks AA is a great tool to have! If not, 9 times out of 10, a random crit will end you. So when it comes down to it, using 3 attack skills and shield can solve a good portion of your problems. Also, playing along with other players who know how to effectively play their role is vital to success.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end to this guide. Remember, I am still a beginner sorcerer, so a lot of this stuff to the veteran sorcerers might not make sense. I merely wanted to help out any beginning sorcerer players. If this helped out ANYONE, please feel free to comment your input, but if this has been a waste of time or my information was wrong, please PM me so that i can better myself! Thank you everyone!

P.S - (If anyone would like for me to post a PVE guide, please feel free to ask in here or in a Pm. Thanks!)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LibertyBells (Jasper) For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

The things that I read on this thread are
    BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO BUILDING YOUR SORCERER
    GEAR
    PETS
    STATS

only 9 words, I'm not trolling. I just wanted to point out that you guide is good but to make it great you should arrange it in such a way that its easy to read not just paragraphs with different colored text.

Anyway, Good job and keep it up! I'm hoping for the improve version.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes, In all honesty I spent maybe 40 minutes on it. I am currently working on a final draft where It will include everything I missed and will have a better format. Thanks !

Arlor- Expedition Camp, Traveller's Outpost
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Liberty, I would like it if u pt the pve guide too......if u can...[YOUR CHOICE]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pollata1246 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Dont forget to be a good mage u must ALWAYS heal your party's mana if theres any.If not, some wont surely like you and will call you 'stupid noob mage doesnt even heal mana -.-'.So I suggest a good mage always heal mana and health they really need it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by farizace99 View Post
    Dont forget to be a good mage u must ALWAYS heal your party's mana if theres any.If not, some wont surely like you and will call you 'stupid noob mage doesnt even heal mana -.-'.So I suggest a good mage always heal mana and health they really need it
    Well, that was my view-point as well. I started this game with a friend and I always felt that I needed to keep him healed and with mana, but thats not the case. Everyone has the ability to purchase health/mana potions so its not OUR responsibility to heal them up. Now its a different story if your party/group members ask if you can use your heal ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pollata1246 View Post
    Liberty, I would like it if u pt the pve guide too......if u can...[YOUR CHOICE]
    I shall get right on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Great guide!

And FYI tarlok amulet of brutality is a good cheap alternative to Wild talisman. Not everyone one can afford a talisman or lunar.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to User111 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by User111 View Post
    Great guide!

And FYI tarlok amulet of brutality is a good cheap alternative to Wild talisman. Not everyone one can afford a talisman or lunar.
    Just bought 1 actually! It does its job well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Making an update on this soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wow, good guide. Very useful.