Thread: PVP - the proper way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default PVP - the proper way

Here is a basic list of ways to play pvp in a fair and proper way. Everyone has experienced the good and the bad of pvp. I think we all prefer the good a whole lot more than the bad. If these basic rules are followed then everyone can have a positive experience in pvp.

1. When entering a room where you make the teams uneven offer to sit. This means standing in an area away from the combat until someone joins the opposing team to make things even. At this point announce that you are coming in and have at it. If the teams are even and someone from the opposing team leaves follow the same rule. Do not use these uneven moments as an opportunity to gang.

2. When someone announces they are sitting do not attack them. They have no intention of attacking you and are playing the game fairly.

3. When entering a pvp map join the team with the fewer number of players. If a team has 3 members and the other has 2 join the one with 2. This way the teams will be even and the match will be fair.

4. Do not kill people at spawn points. Allow people an opportunity to get into the map and chance to engage in combat. Do not seek out players at spawn point to snipe them from below(TDM) or park in front of spawn rooms in CTF.

5. Allow opposing teams time to regroup after a clash has ended. When a team successfully wipes out the opposing team let them get back into a group. Do not immediately disperse after a clash seeking out players that are away from the group for easy kills.

6. Do not join a team to sit there and not fight. PVP is meant to played with even teams and joining a team opposite your friends or guild mates to act as a "block" is improper.

7. If you join a map and there are two opposing guilds engaging in a clash, do leave. There is currently no way for them to get a room which is dedicated solely to guild clashes so they have to try to set up a public room. Do not stay in one of these rooms as they need to have their members join to make it a proper guild clash. If a random joins a game where you are setting up a guild vs guild game ask them to leave politely.

8. Do not kill dummy players. This can be setting up a separate account yourself to enter games so your main can kill them. It can also be certain individuals who set up accounts and charge money for people to kill them. This does not make you a good player and you should have no pride in whatever amount of kills you have gained by this mean.

9. Try to be respectful of other players. Do not call people out, call them names, or partake in any form of trash talking. Some players are new to pvp and there is a definite learning curve. If someone beats you say good fight or good job. The same can be said when you are on the winning side. I know it is never fun to lose a battle but don't lose your cool. If you are getting treated unfairly in a game just leave. There is not point in throwing verbal insults. This will not change the mentality of some players and could even make it worse. There is no shame in leaving a map when players are not following the fair rules of pvp.

10. When doing a 1v1 with someone wait until the both parties are ready and say go(or count down). No skills should be used before someone says go(this includes dropping packs). If 2 people are engaged in a vs please give them space so their attacks do not accidently hit you.

I may be missing a few things from this list and I will add any comments made on this thread that pertain to fair pvp play. Let's try to set up a positive pvp community. It is easy to let the unfair treatment you receive at times in pvp get the best of you but hold true to your values. The respect you gain in the community is fair greater than any momentary sadness or anger you feel from unfair treatment. Stay positive and stay classy people!!
    Last edited by Bigboyblue; 09-25-2014 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Added #10

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

How to play PvP the proper way:
    1. Anybody who joins a PvP map is fair game.
    2. Refer to rule 1
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Nicely written, Blue.

A note for the public regarding #6 - just because someone joins a team opposing their guildmate does NOT mean they are spot blocking. Some guilds (like Pheonix) have members who purposely fight against each other for fun, sport, learning, and drama-free entertainment.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Some people join ctf maps and just mindlessly bash their face on the attack button, sadly these proper pvp threads don't seem to be working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Great thread Bigboyblue, hopefully players will actually bother to read it and then PvP in AL might become more than the joke that it currently is. I for now at least have given up on PvP, it has become predictable and tiresome, joining maps to be ganged (then getting called "weak" after being ganged lol!) Blocked, insulted, called noob/nub/nab or any other similar variation when u DO kill someone and then let's not forget the "kill stealers" that sneak up on you while you're having a vs, kill your opponent that YOU (the one fighting fair) then get called a "ganger" for...ERM...ok :/ lol. I have only met a handful of great people in PvP that "play fair" and that will even offer you advice/tips on how to be better....but before long new players join the map and boom...back to killsteals and ganging...you spend more time remapping to find a decent group to play with than you actually do fighting. Something other than expecting people to just play like mature/fair human beings needs to happen in PvP, let's face it they all know how to play fair they just don't want to! How about some kind of filter system to prevent too many OP players from joining one team..or a way where people can be selected for a match regarding their class/gears etc? A bit like when a tourney is arranged and fights are decided fairly taking into consideration the gear and pets people will be using. This would prevent players from entering a map against a full team of arcane rings/pets/weapon and actually give them a chance of gaining more than just a crappy kdr and an overall negative experience of PvP.
    Last edited by Dex_addict; 09-24-2014 at 03:49 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex_addict For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Nice thread Blue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Add another one.
    When doing 1v1s, let somebody count, do not charge a skill while the opponent is counting, charge after the go signal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Just lol. Its not my problem that someone leave. Its not my problem if teams dont have equal number of players.

2. Lol. If u dont want fight leave pvp map.

3. Agree.

4. Why? Go and play other mmo. Fightin at spawn
    points is a great tactic.

5. U kiddin right? Why we should wait for them? Its not my team problem that they cant act fast.

6. Earlier u said ppl should sit and wait. Now u said that they shouldnt afk. Tbh the never should afk in pvp.

7. Who cares? I want play pvp too. I dont leave becouse of guild clash. Deal with it and ask STS to add guild vs guild mode.

8.That should be reported and banned.

9. Agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex_addict View Post
    Great thread Bigboyblue, hopefully players will actually bother to read it and then PvP in AL might become more than the joke that it currently is. I for now at least have given up on PvP, it has become predictable and tiresome, joining maps to be ganged (then getting called "weak" after being ganged lol!) Blocked, insulted, called noob/nub/nab or any other similar variation when u DO kill someone and then let's not forget the "kill stealers" that sneak up on you while you're having a vs, kill your opponent that YOU (the one fighting fair) then get called a "ganger" for...ERM...ok :/ lol. I have only met a handful of great people in PvP that "play fair" and that will even offer you advice/tips on how to be better....but before long new players join the map and boom...back to killsteals and ganging...you spend more time remapping to find a decent group to play with than you actually do fighting. Something other than expecting people to just play like mature/fair human beings needs to happen in PvP, let's face it they all know how to play fair they just don't want to! How about some kind of filter system to prevent too many OP players from joining one team..or a way where people can be selected for a match regarding their class/gears etc? A bit like when a tourney is arranged and fights are decided fairly taking into consideration the gear and pets people will be using. This would prevent players from entering a map against a full team of arcane rings/pets/weapon and actually give them a chance of gaining more than just a crappy kdr and an overall negative experience of PvP.
    I find this useful. Regarding the matching system, being matched up with opponents in your own league. That will solve most of the problems caused by unfair play currently in pvp, since we should consider the fact that the unbalanced stats between full arcane and average players is ultimately the main cause of unhappiness in pvp. I think dex's idea should be implemented as a steady and stable first step to stop this commotion about pvp unfairness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b2kite View Post
    1. Just lol. Its not my problem that someone leave. Its not my problem if teams dont have equal number of players.

2. Lol. If u dont want fight leave pvp map.

3. Agree.

4. Why? Go and play other mmo. Fightin at spawn
    points is a great tactic.

5. U kiddin right? Why we should wait for them? Its not my team problem that they cant act fast.

6. Earlier u said ppl should sit and wait. Now u said that they shouldnt afk. Tbh the never should afk in pvp.

7. Who cares? I want play pvp too. I dont leave becouse of guild clash. Deal with it and ask STS to add guild vs guild mode.

8.That should be reported and banned.

9. Agree.
    Exhibit A: this post clearly displays the complete lack of maturity and/or sportsmanship that is such a major problem in pvp now. The majority of players are sick and tired of it, which is what the OP was trying to address.

Blue never said to afk in pvp. The concept is of fair play. If the teams are uneven, one person sits aside until it is equal numbers again.

This does not mean you go in when numbers are equal and not fight. That is the definition of spot blocking. Sitting until even is not the same thing.
    Last edited by Serancha; 09-25-2014 at 05:35 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b2kite View Post
    1. Just lol. Its not my problem that someone leave. Its not my problem if teams dont have equal number of players
    Its not my team problem that they cant act fast... Who cares?
    This "Who-cares-Its-not-my-problem" attitude is the root of problems in pvp. We require a bit of sensitivity, we need to treat opponents as human beings who are playing the game, instead of just numbers on our KDR.'

It is MY problem if teams dont have equal number of players. It pricks me to have to gang-kill someome who is on the other side, defenceless for not having an equal team.

It is MY problem if I choose not to wait for them to regroup and spawn-kill them. It is dirty play, it is cheap and it shows my insecure face to myself.

It is MY problem if I gang and spawn-kill them and say "you didnt act fast enough". How will they act fast if we spawn-kill them? And who cares? Most do not care because not caring is so convenient. We ought to.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 09-25-2014 at 05:51 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

The reason I made this post isn't because I don't think people know the fair play rules, but more so that they aren't followed by a lot of players. I think people are too focused on gaining kills by any and all means rather than trying to enjoy pvp. The best times I've had in pvp were when these rules were followed. I don't even mind losing a clash if it's two teams playing fairly and having a good time. I'll stick around until the completion of a match if it's played fairly. I can say I end up having to leave far more maps than I finish.

If we could convince the community to follow these guidelines it would be the norm within two weeks. Will it ever happen? If I had to bet I'd say no, but it's a real nice thought.

Some of these things could be programmed and forced upon players. If you enter a map and make it uneven STS could automatically put you into a holding cell, only to be released once the teams even back out. same could be done for when someone leaves a map. I think this would really help improve the pvp environment. Also, Shinytoy has a thread recommending a pvp room for guild vs guild. This would allow guilds a proper place to fight on another and leave the public rooms free to carry on without that drama. I've also seen threads that recommend a player be kicked if they don't attack for x amount of time. This could still be worked around but it's a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Bigboyblue; 09-25-2014 at 06:44 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok i see that ppl with other poin of view are immature and against fair play. Ok. But remember few things.
    Posts and threads like this wont change anything. Mostly becouse only 10-20% of all game population read forums. And not all of them care about u guys write here.
    I play games for a long time now.
    Ive spend plenty of hours on both pvp and pve. And honestly PvP here is one of the worst systems ever. Thats why u start talkin about fair play and rest of this. Just look at CTF. Alway I join im not sure if i play ctf or its just tdm on other map.
    Another problem is why the hell game allow us to start game with 4vs1? Ita not fault of ppl that they want to win and get higher rank in leaderboards. Ppl play unfair becouse game give them ability to do that

And most annoing thing in PvP: unballanced gear system. I know that arc/myth eq was designed to be bis but its riddicolus. I cant kill anyone in bis legen set. In1vs1 ok i have a little chance if my opponent is noob, but if he have a little skill in pvp i have no chance.

Ppl want to Guild vs Guild. Ok thats can be hard to implement, but we can start with simple Join as party option.
    And thats just a top of the mountain.

Srsly guys go and play other games and see how PvP looks like.
    Last edited by b2kite; 09-25-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

You're right b2kite. A lot of people don't read the forums. The thing is the more people that begin playing this way the more it spreads.

Also STS could do a better job with the way they have programmed the pvp system. They can force people to play in a more fair way. I'm hoping that they will put some of the suggestions I've seen on the forum into action. It is pretty ridiculous that a 4v1 TDM match can even happen. When you join a game you shouldn't be allowed to join the team with more people. Either you join the team with lesser amount of players or leave the lobby. This should go for TDM and CTF.

There are many things that can be programmed but at the same time it is sort of sad that the players of this game can't do it by themselves.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Its just a game folks! Nice thread though, it may not ever go through the average "pvpers" head, even if they do read it, but I sure like the idea of a fair match....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    Here is a basic list of ways to play pvp in a fair and proper way. Everyone has experienced the good and the bad of pvp. I think we all prefer the good a whole lot more than the bad. If these basic rules are followed then everyone can have a positive experience in pvp.

1. When entering a room where you make the teams uneven offer to sit. This means standing in an area away from the combat until someone joins the opposing team to make things even. At this point announce that you are coming in and have at it. If the teams are even and someone from the opposing team leaves follow the same rule. Do not use these uneven moments as an opportunity to gang.

2. When someone announces they are sitting do not attack them. They have no intention of attacking you and are playing the game fairly.

3. When entering a pvp map join the team with the fewer number of players. If a team has 3 members and the other has 2 join the one with 2. This way the teams will be even and the match will be fair.

4. Do not kill people at spawn points. Allow people an opportunity to get into the map and chance to engage in combat. Do not seek out players at spawn point to snipe them from below(TDM) or park in front of spawn rooms in CTF.

5. Allow opposing teams time to regroup after a clash has ended. When a team successfully wipes out the opposing team let them get back into a group. Do not immediately disperse after a clash seeking out players that are away from the group for easy kills.

6. Do not join a team to sit there and not fight. PVP is meant to played with even teams and joining a team opposite your friends or guild mates to act as a "block" is improper.

7. If you join a map and there are two opposing guilds engaging in a clash, do leave. There is currently no way for them to get a room which is dedicated solely to guild clashes so they have to try to set up a public room. Do not stay in one of these rooms as they need to have their members join to make it a proper guild clash. If a random joins a game where you are setting up a guild vs guild game ask them to leave politely.

8. Do not kill dummy players. This can be setting up a separate account yourself to enter games so your main can kill them. It can also be certain individuals who set up accounts and charge money for people to kill them. This does not make you a good player and you should have no pride in whatever amount of kills you have gained by this mean.

9. Try to be respectful of other players. Do not call people out, call them names, or partake in any form of trash talking. Some players are new to pvp and there is a definite learning curve. If someone beats you say good fight or good job. The same can be said when you are on the winning side. I know it is never fun to lose a battle but don't lose your cool. If you are getting treated unfairly in a game just leave. There is not point in throwing verbal insults. This will not change the mentality of some players and could even make it worse. There is no shame in leaving a map when players are not following the fair rules of pvp.

10. When doing a 1v1 with someone wait until the both parties are ready and say go(or count down). No skills should be used before someone says go(this includes dropping packs). If 2 people are engaged in a vs please give them space so their attacks do not accidently hit you.

I may be missing a few things from this list and I will add any comments made on this thread that pertain to fair pvp play. Let's try to set up a positive pvp community. It is easy to let the unfair treatment you receive at times in pvp get the best of you but hold true to your values. The respect you gain in the community is fair greater than any momentary sadness or anger you feel from unfair treatment. Stay positive and stay classy people!!
    This is mostly irrelevent. PvP should be what it is...rule-less. However, there should be stat-capped rooms so paupers can still have fun.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to conradev For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Its called respect!! Most of us have been in pvp for so long that we stopped tripping thinking we can kill everyone in PvP

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Too bad all of this can only exist in text.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Oh I love when some dummy player come in ctf or tdm, and is like "100 kills for 100k" I chase them and zap them while shouting "no gold for you!"
    I was crazy before it was fashionable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

could somebody tell the support that why is the ice skill of the mages doesn't stun? its really unfair. its as if pvp is just for rogues!! why bother put acheivement points if that's so?