Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2014-09-24 Content Update (159018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Thanks Null. Appreciate all the not-so-fun work you do. I know another cry post is the last thing you want to read, but here it is:

Maul users had an unfair advantage in PvP that is gone, but what about Elon Bulwark users? It's hard to see how PvP is balanced when a bulwark warrior can do equal or more mass damage than a elon gun mage. A mage with curse skill will almost never take out a warrior [pause for laugh], but now warriors can kill-via-curse mages who were already too easy to kill before the bulwark? Excuse me, wuuut?

Since bulwark has curse can you also add vengeful blood to elon gun and rally cry to elon bow at 100% proc rate? Yes, that's a facetious question, but spend 2 minutes as mage or rogue in PvP versus a Bulwark warrior and you'll understand that it feels like STS is forgetting something very important in when retooling items like this.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Bulwark is fine and fair now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldstorm View Post
    Thanks Null. Appreciate all the not-so-fun work you do. I know another cry post is the last thing you want to read, but here it is:

Maul users had an unfair advantage in PvP that is gone, but what about Elon Bulwark users? It's hard to see how PvP is balanced when a bulwark warrior can do equal or more mass damage than a elon gun mage. A mage with curse skill will almost never take out a warrior [pause for laugh], but now warriors can kill-via-curse mages who were already too easy to kill before the bulwark? Excuse me, wuuut?

Since bulwark has curse can you also add vengeful blood to elon gun and rally cry to elon bow at 100% proc rate? Yes, that's a facetious question, but spend 2 minutes as mage or rogue in PvP versus a Bulwark warrior and you'll understand that it feels like STS is forgetting something very important in when retooling items like this.
    A rogue vs. a bulwark user is fine. I've fought one while wearing normal gear (no arcane ring) and was able to win with strategy.

The issue remains that Mage itself needs a buff, not that the bulwark is OP. In a mage's perspective, everything is OP because everything kills them. Instead of nerfing many things, buff the Mage to give them a fighting chance already!

Rogue are already plenty powerful. Those that say otherwise or are complaining about bulwark are not using their class properly.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    A rogue vs. a bulwark user is fine. I've fought one while wearing normal gear (no arcane ring) and was able to win with strategy.

The issue remains that Mage itself needs a buff, not that the bulwark is OP. In a mage's perspective, everything is OP because everything kills them. Instead of nerfing many things, buff the Mage to give them a fighting chance already!

Rogue are already plenty powerful. Those that say otherwise or are complaining about bulwark are not using their class properly.
    A mage who using curse is a complete fool now. Warriors can curse better, and they dont waste a skill slot for that. Curse is not only super effective against dot, but super effective against aoe skills: if you hit 5 people while cursed, them curse takes damage on you 5* even without dot, since you hit 5 people. A cursed mage is disabled completely or limited to use only lightning strike. Giving warriors the best anti-mage skill, seems no logic for me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    A mage who using curse is a complete fool now. Warriors can curse better, and they dont waste a skill slot for that. Curse is not only super effective against dot, but super effective against aoe skills: if you hit 5 people while cursed, them curse takes damage on you 5* even without dot, since you hit 5 people. A cursed mage is disabled completely or limited to use only lightning strike. Giving warriors the best anti-mage skill, seems no logic for me.
    Do both the curse effects stack? Or are they categorized as the same spell?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post

I (obviously :P) agree mages need a buff, but I do think the curse proc should be at least be given a quick look-over. Taking 1/2 my 3500 Health just because I threw a fireball with DoT? Something ain't right there.

What's so, so, so frustrating is mages' consistent, long-standing complaints about PvP imbalance aren't being addressed or even acknowledged by STS. Balance is vitally, vitally important to the game in general and PvP in particular. Imbalance creates so many problems and unnecessary drama. It enables bullying and mistreatment. It detracts from fun and seriously harms player experience. Nothing kills the fun quite like knowing you have significantly less of a chance of success merely because you chose the 'wrong' class. It feels like mages are discriminated against - by STS!

If we're wrong and the classes are balanced, I would like to understand how STS determined that they are balanced as-is. That way I could at least quit crying and move on.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

well it seems like bulwark will be nerfed

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Lol...y even mess with it now?

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Nice one! =)
    I think, Maul will increased price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Fixing a lvl 31 weapon that is still unbelievably strong in the lvl 41 cap.
    Yes, things surely were balanced in the past. :P

As for the buff mage conversation...the changes are going to need to be things that only apply in PvP. Which is hard, as mages main issue is being so susceptible to damage. Should mages just receive +20% health in PvP dungeons?
    Changes that effect them in pve, too...they'd be the class to be, as they are already beastly when played right.
    I think mages should be buffed only in PvP. 20% health sounds good. They should also buff the armor stat within all mage gear (druids of all levels, mythic set, magma, etc.) Not only would that help mages in endgame, but twink mages can be up to par as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

am a mage user am using mage past 2 years i dont play any other classes as my suggestion is mages if a food for WARRIOR & ROGUES a arcane shade mage die like a paper when mage's shield down, rogues crit's broken mage's shield easily as well as Tankz skyward smash, i hope and sts will concider mage can survice without shield atleast 6 sec's

My mage hp its 4.3k, dmg 720, armor 1180 -> when my shield down zeus killed me single shot when i was 80%hp :-) in tdm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Great :3

Now fix Juggernaut and the other bugs :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Will bulwark be debuff ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Mages shield duration could be lengthened and the cd shortened. Although this has pve implications as well. Sure, rogues one shot us from 100% hp to 0% with a single crit aimed but they do that to each other as well. The real issue is the miss match between warriors and mages. Could STS not apply a damage increase in PVP only pertaining to the warrior class? I'm not sure how much of an increase is needed but maybe 15%? Make mages do 15% more damage to warriors only in pvp. Keep the damage unbuffed when hitting rogues and mages as there is a balance between these classes currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by instanthumor View Post
    bulwark's turn next week?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Happy_Baby.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	104001

Bul wa ha ha ha !!!

IGN: Kopikao, Level 41 Rogue, Officer @ University Of Kraag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Geesh is seems to me VERY recently I remember people complaining about how badly the bulwark needs a buff! Entire threads about it as a matter of fact! What do you expect STS to do? Pve is actually really held back by all this back and forth about balancing pvp too. I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this... I can see how buffing sorc's just for some balance in pvp could really mess pve up... including all the lb stuff.
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    Geesh is seems to me VERY recently I remember people complaining about how badly the bulwark needs a buff! Entire threads about it as a matter of fact! What do you expect STS to do? Pve is actually really held back by all this back and forth about balancing pvp too. I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this... I can see how buffing sorc's just for some balance in pvp could really mess pve up... including all the lb stuff.
    The thing is though sts already adjusts stats for the classes to make things more balanced, but obviously are not doing enough to get things right.

Maybe they should buff mages curse to bahave more like the bulwark proc and see what happens. Also reduce its CD time to something more respectable
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Since it says 'stun' looks like a fair update.

But why now? It's been an year like that why now with bulwark upgrade?
    I smell someone is trying to raise bulwark price. Huhu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Unfair STS

I don't understand how STS can play the biggest game out of all.?It takes months of hard work to make money to buy your items. Cause of a mistake STS makes, players lose their hard earnt millions.The most UNFAIR GAME ever.Make a weapon&leave it as is.Get it right.
    Why do we players pay for your NOOB mistakes.? Whether its your bullwark or arcane maul. Game suppose to be fun.You guys make it stressful.
    Last edited by KILLABYNATURE; 09-28-2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: mo to say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Unfair update lmao mauler should be stun everywhere pve or pvp