Thread: Dragonsalt's twink PvP guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Cool Dragonsalt's twink PvP guide!

Firstly I'd like to start off by saying hey! I have only two twinks sadly (Dragonseeker and Afternoon) nonetheless I've been pvping for a very long time! I suck but hey somehow I get good kills. This is hope will not be the same as other pvp guides and if It is I'm sorry I'm going to try my best to get this over with! So let's dive in!

In this guide there will be!-
    :The operative class chat!
    :The attribute points!
    :Fighting styles and a little talk!
    :Some builds I know!
    Sadly I will only discuss these four things but If you need more info be my guest to check out the other twink guides!

The operative class
    Operative class is a class to be able to deal damage with these awesome skill combos. The operative is the ultimate 1v1 combat machine. I personally don't see many comms or engi's in twink but LOTS of operatives. Operatives are capable of dealing lots of damage while being able to dodge most of your attacks If you have the perfect combo. I've tried using comms and engi but It's a class to really adjust too and well adjusting to the operative is fairly easy. I really respect you if you mastered any other class in twink and are able to beat most operatives. If a comm walks into the room the operatives just kite them out or some just straight out charge at them. If an engi walks into the room then the operatives don't really have to kite but it could be easier. I and other people have learned to be accustomed to the op even out of twink and learn to type fast because of it (at least I have). Operatives need different sets of armor, weapons, shields, builds, skills, fast fingers, and vanity is optional.

Attribute points
    So in your character page you see this thing that says attribute points. You can reset these points when you reach L21. So to get the absolute best luck on getting crits, dodge, and everything else it is necessary that you distribute the points onto the Dexterity attribute point. However some people do mix their attribute points which I have not experimented enough but still.

Fighting styles
    From what I've observed there are three different types of twinks. I will be sharing the ones I'm most familiar with.

Kiters

OK so there are good kiters and bad kiters. I know lots of people who are good kiters and I don't want to say that there are bad kiter but kiters that necessarily aren't as good as the good kiters. The Good kiters can deal massive damage. These kiters usually have very low blur or the dodge skill and high amp. Most of these kiters love to use range to give you the disadvantage and make you vulnerable to all their damage. Their tactic is to lash you while their far away and casually come back and attack you A LOT. These kiters usually use the platinum armor except they use the goo sleeves. I've also seen some kite with the gallow set. The rifle really depends on their build and their fighting style. I'd only recommend that you rush them but if you have maxed out blur and heal which in my opinion is a waste.

Wallers

Wallers I think have LOTS of skill many people call them noobs, however I call them pros. I know lots of really good wallers which I cannot beat. I love when people bull rush these guys and are totally pwned. What these guys strategies are is too try to wall you using the pillars. They really try to use their lash to get you stuck and go around the side and annoy you. I recommend to stay away from the fudging pillar because it is your worst enemy against these guys. You really need to have lots of timing considering that if they lash you when they try to lurch you or lash again you lash them in place when they are walking out of the pillar. Sounds confusing but you'll have to see for yourself. These guys have lots of %hit and lots of crit to get you down fast. These guys also use plat set with any type of rifle that suits their build.

Chargers

I don't think that there is much to say about these guys other than these guys have high blur and decent damage. They like to dodge everything you do and just hit hit hit. They use shield with a good pistol that suits their build. Plat set with a pistol that suits you and brisk.

Some builds that I know!(That work for my fighting style)

Kiting build: 1113 6342 Plat set with goo sleeves and any rifle
    Charging build: 1113 6161 Plat set with any pistol and sheild
    Walling build: 1113 5342 Plat set with any rifle that suits you

I'm so sorry that this is such a short guide but this is all the time I had for! Thanks again to all of my fellow twinks and I will not be quitting twink for a looooooooooooooong time. Thanks again for checking this guide out! Have a safe and wonderful day! Btw If you need help with any of these please at me and pm me! So friend Dragonseeker!
    Last edited by Dragonsalt; 09-24-2014 at 07:57 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dragonsalt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Wihooo So good.. Where are you these days? Haven't seen you from long time :0 Did u leave COG?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evicted View Post
    Wihooo So good.. Where are you these days? Haven't seen you from long time :0 Did u leave COG?
    I've been on from time to time but very little. I still twink a bit so if you have a twink or you can make one I'd be glad to show you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Nice guide! Good to have another guide around town to help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

and another thing, there is an error on the kiting build. its a build with 19 skill points. 1 is missing. 0.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carcinogen View Post
    and another thing, there is an error on the kiting build. its a build with 19 skill points. 1 is missing. 0.0
    Thanks for pointing that out I'll get that fixed right away!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Nice guild bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

People still twink?.

WAT IZ LIFE

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prosecute View Post
    Nice guild bud.
    guide--

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

good guide short fine... u got the point.. A+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

*clap* Good Good Good c:
    Siggy Tanks to my Sissypoo's Siggy Shop!
    Mikachuu- 46 (Operative) XMikachuuX- 25 (Operative) XxMikachuuxX- 21 (Operative) XxMikachuxX- 21 (Operative)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Nice guide but got some errors in the builds I see some that are 21 skill points which level 21 only have 20.
    Last edited by XxPureBeastxX; 10-02-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    W