Thread: Suggestion/Idea - Housing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestion/Idea - Housing

A thread in the marketplace where a player was listing items that no longer drop to sell to "collectors" got me thinking. What is the point of collecting if you have no way to show what you've collected? What if you had a place to show off your stuff?

Here is what I'm thinking, you buy a house with platinum and it is binded to your account in the same way stash box/respecs are binded to your account so they are accessible by any character on your account. Your house would be an instance that you host when you enter it. Hosted house instances would not appear on the game screen and would not be joinable unless via invite. There could be a few different layouts of house to choose from ranging in different levels of platinum like low priced small house, medium priced house, and high priced baller pad. The house could maybe even have a stashbox person in it for convenience.

Now what can you do in your house? By furniture and decorations for starting at like 1 platinum each. You could buy shelves and then maybe set items on them and when players in the house click on the item it says what it is. With the upcoming inclusion of guilds members could be invited to a house to hang out with fellow guild members and get ready to stage events. Or pretty much just whatever.

Anyway I thought it'd be a cool inclusion if possible.
    LVL50
    Owlcoholik~Bird | Magikskillz~STR/INT Mage | Manabomb DEX/INT Mage | Digitalpimp~Bear
    Playing on Samsung Captivate & Viewsonic Gtablet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know that housing was on the original road map for the game, and this is a great example of what it could be used for. I like it.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The idea of housing is great and all, but I'm wondering how often people would actually go there. I mean, people always are either in dungeons doing something or in towns doing something, like trading or merchentin or showing off their stuff. I personally wouldn't pat platinum for a way to show of my items if not everyone can see them.

I think our house should have some customization for displaying things but have a different main purpose. And we could have another tab on our avatar page where we can display a few items we have or something for showing off. Like 6 item-slots where we can put items from our inventory and it could also act as protection from accidental liquidation.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I personally don't think housing will be successful in PL. Were not like Runescape where we can totally customize a house and make a house party with 100 people.

I think replace house systems with Kingdoms and Townes. You would be able to customize your own castle or towne instance. It would require three things:

1.) In game gold, so a rich level 10 who just started wont have the best towne in all the game.
    2.) In Game Rank. In order to have a popular towne, you must have achieved certain ranks in the game, like all quests completed, 10k+ kills, at least 1000 PvP kills, ect. More Achievements you get, the more content is unlocked to be added to your house
    3.) Platinum, don't over do it though. If you can purchase the best possible house with platinum, then housing wont be very successful and will just fail pretty hard.

The owner of the towne or kingdom could set it open to the public. Then people would be able to join it through "towne Instantces". Maximum 25 players. The higher your rank is and more you invest into it, the more you can get. Lets say that you buy/sell over 5 million gold worth of items on the CS, you unlock the rank "Expert Investor". That rank would allow you to place your own consignment shop in your towne. Completing all quests would give you the rank "Holy Guard". That would allow you to place Merchant NPC's in your towne. The higher your rank is, the more NPC's you can have, the better the gold deals would be and the more merchandise they can have. The top 10 best kingdoms or townes would be featured somewhere in the game. So it gives people reason to acomplish as much as possible.