Thread: New (level 9) Bear here, need gold! haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question New (level 9) Bear here, need gold! haha

Hey everyone, like the title says i'm new to the game decided to play the bear. In-game name is Therieric. I love the game and have a ton of fun playing it but I can't for the life of me keep my gold. I have to stock up on as many potions as I can and it runs me dry. Is there any way to make gold besides just doing quests or selling stuff? I hardly ever have more than a couple items to sell after doing an instance/dungeon. Any help would be great appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i dont have gold....but i have these delicious...
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You are only lvl9, so find groups to go through dungeons so that you won't need to spam pots. Besides, you don't need money for now. You will lvl fast, so don't buy expansive gears that you won't be using tomorrow. The more you'll go into the game the more you will understand how to sell your stuff (do you know the consignement store in Balefort? Probably not) and you will discover the places where you can make money.

Good luck
    Onascaabatie - Bird, lvl50
    Papale - Mage, lvl50
    Ihatealiens - Warrior, lvl50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks, I haven't bought a single piece of gear or anything for me. just potions. haha Thanks for the post!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

It seems like other people had trouble with this, but it can be very helpful if you don't already know. You can buy pots from the store in you character page, but they are much cheaper to buy from Ellie the Enchantress in the Forest Haven Towne. It can end up saving you a lot of gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The best thing to do while you are still under level 10 is make a locked Forest Haven I game, empty all your potions and gold into your stash, and hunt zombies. Eventually you will have 25 potions, so dump them and any gold acquired into stash and repeat. Or move up to Forest Haven VI for a more interesting run. In short, to gold farm lock an easy level and clear it, repeat until you are satisfied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    It seems like other people had trouble with this, but it can be very helpful if you don't already know. You can buy pots from the store in you character page, but they are much cheaper to buy from Ellie the Enchantress in the Forest Haven Towne. It can end up saving you a lot of gold.

I was so glad i figured this out by level 3
    -At the end of the day, It's the end of the day.

*Epic Spongebath Time*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    i dont have gold....but i have these delicious...
    i dont think you can buy potions with pretzels, maybe im wrong though. who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepants View Post
    who needs a real girlfriend when you can go into forest haven and get 5 online dating mages at one time?
    BALLS TO YOU

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bears can be harder to make gold on because you probably use a lot of health pots right now. If there are enchantresses in your group, make sure they know to heal you. All I can suggest is to lvl up just bit more, you will make more gold when you move up to a higher lvl map.
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since your fairly new, ill help you on some of the terminology.

Many people will talk about kiting, it means staying out of melee range while using a ranged weapon.

Aoe damage effects entire mods of enemies, this damage comes from staffs and skills like stomp.

If your questing, you should be around the end of forest haven beginning of the dark forest, so you're going to encounter more ranged enemies in the dark forest.

Make sure you kill the enchantress enemies first, followed by melee and then ranged. The enchantresses heal so if you're fighting another enemy, they may heal that enemy. Its not crucial, but helps a lot to kill them first.

Also, I'm not sure if you know this, but tapping on an enemy while you have your auto attack on switches your target to whoever you tapped.

And lastly (if you read this far, I wouldn't fault you if you didn't) you may not know that you can, but as a bear you can also wield staves and bows by putting stat points into intelligence and dexterity.
    Blasterbird- lvl 20 twink
    Intbird- Main acc
    Soloed- new acc, soloing to 50.

Need a twink build? Ask here!