Thread: Pharcyde's Epic Idea. It's Epic, Hands Down.. No... Noo! Don't Fight it.. Its Epic...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Will their servers be able to handle thousands of custom built townes, each of them more resource consuming in terms of graphics and customized load-outs than simple player's characters?
    I have no clue. This would be a pretty major update that would bring this game tons of cash. I'm sure they would do all means necessary to make sure this runs smoothly.

Thousands of Townes is no different then thousands of dungeons open. Dungeons are bigger then townes and range from 50-200 enemies (Mega-Maze-Mashup) all moving around. Then if the case is that the servers cannot support that many, just simply make it harder to obtain a towne.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I have no clue. This would be a pretty major update that would bring this game tons of cash. I'm sure they would do all means necessary to make sure this runs smoothly.

Thousands of Townes is no different then thousands of dungeons open. Dungeons are bigger then townes and range from 50-200 enemies (Mega-Maze-Mashup) all moving around. Then if the case is that the servers cannot support that many, just simply make it harder to obtain a towne.
    I'm all for the idea - I love the aspect of customization in MMOs but wondered if their servers could handle a huge amount of saved data like that. The difference between customized townes and dungeons is that dungeons are discarded after 60 seconds when everyone leaves and no one joins, but customized townes won't be, unless of course they implement some sort of a check to discard useless data (i.e. townes that have been abandoned by their maker for a long period of time).