Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the best one handed weapon for warriors

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the best one handed weapon for warriors

k so right now i have a iceberg hatchet pink dmg 87-100 with other good stats annd ive yet to find a weapon that can beat it! is this the best one handed weapon for warriors? because ive looked at lvl 40-50 weapons and none can compare to iceberg. so whats the best one handed weapon for warriors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

a shock lance and btw how is that axe any better than lvl50 one handed weapons?
    Last edited by regie831; 01-29-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Level 39, Djinn Spear of Legend (or conqueorors or level 40 Thoth), these have high damage and break armor. Level 45, there are also Djinn Spears but the Shock Lance is more powerful (though it's break arkor proc is slightly less effective). Level 50, Harpoon (breaks amor and high damage), limb chopper (highest damage), Hax, and sunblessed scimitar (if using the Rift set) are best.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ahhhh OK thx guys

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Level 39, Djinn Spear of Legend (or conqueorors or level 40 Thoth), these have high damage and break armor. Level 45, there are also Djinn Spears but the Shock Lance is more powerful (though it's break arkor proc is slightly less effective). Level 50, Harpoon (breaks amor and high damage), limb chopper (highest damage), Hax, and sunblessed scimitar (if using the Rift set) are best.
    If you have a shock lance, check its skill damage compared to similar items (harpoon, spears, etc) When I tested before, it had glitched skill damage, but I do not have one to check now that we can actually see the damage.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Shock lance (Zuraz) has 12 less DPS but about 12 more damage, than the harpoon, if memory serves me right. At level 40, D'Jinn spear (any one you can get that's level 37-40 will work) with the high damage and break armor proc. For level 45, D'Jinn spear of Isis for a cheap way out, or, better yet, a shock lance (Preferably Zuraz but they all work) for the high damage, decent DPS, and the break armor proc (Which DOES stack, I believe only X2 though) For level 50 I would either stick with lance, or hit up some cheap weapons, which the best of those would be a Luminous Harpoon, or a Limchopper (more damage than Harpoon I believe, but no break armor proc). For the pricier items, if you have rift set, go with Scimitar for the set bonus, if you don't have the rest of the rift set (I.E. Power armor, OL rift helm, and Skull shield) go with Shadow Hax of Hate, only about 35K in CS I believe, with nice armor, decent damage, break armor (I believe) and execute combo along with the shadow weapons hidden debuff. Only instance I would consider Iceberg items better were if I was in need of fulfilling the combo ice shatter (Freeze proc+Stomp, which does more damage than hot flash, from old testings)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

@mystical

How bout compared to the black ice axe? Is zuraz lance the only sub50 weapon that's better than it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    If you have a shock lance, check its skill damage compared to similar items (harpoon, spears, etc) When I tested before, it had glitched skill damage, but I do not have one to check now that we can actually see the damage.
    Yes it's still glitched, so not as good as a harpoon, but similar to the skill damage from a spear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    Shock lance (Zuraz) has 12 less DPS but about 12 more damage, than the harpoon, if memory serves me right. At level 40, D'Jinn spear (any one you can get that's level 37-40 will work) with the high damage and break armor proc. For level 45, D'Jinn spear of Isis for a cheap way out, or, better yet, a shock lance (Preferably Zuraz but they all work) for the high damage, decent DPS, and the break armor proc (Which DOES stack, I believe only X2 though)
    Since when does shock lance break armor stack? I tested it several times (granted not very recently) and it never stacked despite procing instantly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    @mystical

How bout compared to the black ice axe? Is zuraz lance the only sub50 weapon that's better than it?
    I would guess you are too hung up on DPS (a very misleading and not all that important stat). I'd have to check but I believe even a level 35 Trident (also breaks armor) might be better than the hatchet. In addition all the stuff I mentioned above.
    Last edited by Royce; 01-30-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Icrberg black-ice axe

87-100 damage
    0.9 speed
    7 str
    1 dodge
    3 hit
    3h/s
    2m/s
    4 armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yeah, but remember tridents, spears, etc break armor, so you can basically add 15 to 30 to their damage when comparing to a non armor breaking weapon like the hatchet. Also armor breakers cause your whole party to do more damage, and for a tank who is not the primary damage dealer in a party, that's a big deal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I see. Thanks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what is dps? im really confused about it and how do u know if a weapon has break armor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Limbchopper of destiny is best
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    Limbchopper of destiny is best
    Only if you want to max your own damage on your stat page. The harpoon with it's break armor proc will make your party more effective overall, and arguably will give you more damage than the chopper. And the scim is also better than the chopper if you are using the full rift set because of the set bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Frosty hatchet of the bear 102dmg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crywolf View Post
    what is dps? im really confused about it and how do u know if a weapon has break armor?
    DPS is damage per second. It is a simple calculation based on the average damage and speed of a weapon. The problem is it doesn't take opponent armor (which subtracts from the damage of each strike) into account and can therefore be highly misleading. Many high DPS weapons are really low damage weapons with a fast speed. Since armor takes damage from each blow, high damage, slow weapons are less adversely affected by target armor. Also high damage (but not necessarily high DPS) weapons generally add more damage to your skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    DPS is damage per second. It is a simple calculation based on the average damage and speed of a weapon. The problem is it doesn't take opponent armor (which subtracts from the damage of each strike) into account and can therefore be highly misleading. Many high DPS weapons are really low damage weapons with a fast speed. Since armor takes damage from each blow, high damage, slow weapons are less adversely affected by target armor. Also high damage (but not necessarily high DPS) weapons generally add more damage to your skills.

This is interesting to know. I just recently made a switch from Conqueror's Board and Nail to a Conqueror's Frozen Mace without seeing much change at all. With this armor break business, should I really be focusing on getting a trident or spear out of the Swamp region even though the DPS may be lower?

Seems like DPS doesn't really matter at all. I'm constantly spamming all 3 slash skills anyway so i'm never really utilizing DPS. Maybe I should consider a one-handed weapon until i get a spear weapon?
    lvl 50 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yes I would use a trident/pitchfork (or lizard lance) at 35 for tanking. The damage of the iceberg hatchet is better here, but your whole party will benefit from your armor breaking. Tridents, spears, harpoons, etc. are all 1 hand weapons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Limb chopper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have the guardians battlesword of hate, cyber skull of the rift, and cyber armor of the rift. I dont have a set bonus because of the big hate sword right? What about if I used the cyber sword and kite shield?

And would it be better for the armor break if I used luminous harpoon instead of the cyber sword?