Thread: Guide: Normal Bosses

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Guide: Normal Bosses

Welcome to my in-depth guide to the Normal Bosses in AL. This guide is a work-in-progress and i am doing one campaign at a time. These bosses were tested with both a low-level character (at recommended level) and a nearly end-game character (max-scale). If you see any errors in my testing, let me know.

This Guide May Contain Spoilers

Brackenridge

Stabb
    Area
    : Forest
    Approximate Health: 100-600hp
    Recommended Level: 2
    Recommended Party: Any

Attacks:
    - Glaive Slash: Attacks with its glaive. This is the boss's default attack.
    --- Threat Level: Very Low
    - Glaive Shock: Charges the glaive and releases a yellow-orange V-Shaped shock wave in front of the boss. During its wind-up, it will produce a V-Shaped Red Zone indicating where the attack will hit upon execution. This is a special attack of the boss.
    --- Threat Level: Moderately-Low
    - Medic Packs: Drops green heal packs (similar to the rogues' skill Medic Packs) around the boss in an effort to heal itself. Both players and the boss can use these packs to heal themselves.

Strategy: Defeat the two enemies standing with the boss first. Then attack the boss with a variation of your available skills and normal attacks. Avoid the Glaive Shock attack. Consume the medic packs that spawn near the boss as soon as they are produced.

Krax Wildstorm
    Area
    : Aquaducts
    Approximate Health: 150-600hp
    Recommended Level: 4

Attacks:
    - Spell Bolt: Releases a standard bolt of magic from the boss's catalyst. This is the boss's default attack.
    - Spell Ball: Charges a spell bolt and releases, creating a small explosion within a small radius upon impact. During its wind-up, it will produce a V-Shaped Red Zone indicating where the attack will hit upon execution. This is a special attack of the boss.
    --- Threat Level: Moderately Low
    - Medic Packs: Drops green heal packs (similar to the rogues' skill Medic Packs) around the boss in an effort to heal itself. Both players and the boss can use these packs to heal themselves.

Strategy: Defeat any enemies surrounding the boss. Then attack the boss with a variation of your available skills and normal attacks. Avoid the Spell Ball attack. Consume the medic packs that spawn near the boss as soon as they are produced.

Jarl Gruwald
    Area
    : Brackenridge
    Approximate Health: 200-1,800hp
    Recommended Level: 5

Attacks:
    - Sword Slash: Attacks with the sword. This is the boss's default attack.
    --- Threat Level: Low
    - Charged Slash: Winds up the sword arm and lunges toward the player. During its wind-up, it will produce a V-Shaped Red Zone indicating where the attack will hit upon execution. This is a special attack of the boss.
    --- Threat Level: Moderate

Strategy: Defeat the mob of enemies near the boss. Then attack the boss with a variation of your available skills and normal attacks. Avoid the Charged Slash attack.

Thunk One-Eye
    Area
    : Brackenridge
    Approximate Health: 250-800hp
    Recommended Level: 6
    Recommended Party: At least one sorcerer

Attacks:
    - Arrow Shot: Shoots an arrow toward the player. This is the boss's default attack.
    - Arrow Blast: Knocks an explosive arrow and releases creating a large, fiery explosion upon impact. During its wind-up, it will produce a V-Shaped Red Zone indicating where the attack will hit upon execution. This is a special attack of the boss.
    --- Threat Level: Moderate

Strategy: Attack the boss with a variation of your available skills and normal attacks. Shortly after aggravation, this boss will call reinforcements which will spawn from the buildings around the area. The mage should use its AoE attacks to deal with the enemies quickly. Defeat these enemies and continue attacking the boss. Avoid the Arrow Blast attack. Consume the medic packs that spawn near the boss as soon as they are produced.

Ghul Bellybottom
    Area
    : Gold Mine
    Approximate Health: 300-1,800hp
    Recommended Level: 7
    Recommended Party: At least one rogue with entangled trap, and/or sorcerer with time shift.

Attacks:
    - Jump Attack: Jumps and slams its sword to the ground. This is the boss's default attack.
    --- Threat Level: Low
    - Charged Slash: Winds up its sword and slashes the player. This is a special attack of the boss.
    --- Threat Level: Moderately Low

Strategy: The battle will begin with the boss shielded for 20 seconds. During this time, he will have a bright aura around him and will be nearly invincible. Avoid him until his shield goes down bringing him far away from the portal on the edge of the room, then attack the boss with a variation of your available skills and normal attacks. He will make his way back to the portal to reactivate his shield. Use time shift or entangled trap to slow him down. After his second reactivation (when his shield goes up the 3rd time), Stabb will appear to aide him. After his fourth reactivation (5th shield), Krax Wildstorm will appear as well. After his sixth reactivation (7th shield), Thunk One-Eye will appear. Defeating Ghul before all three of them show up will give you the Speed-Slayer acheivement. If you defeat ghul with one of these three enemies still fighting, they will retreat.

More Coming Soon!
    Last edited by Zylx; 03-10-2015 at 05:52 PM.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Reserved in case

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

This may be, the most helpful guide ever!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    This may be, the most helpful guide ever!!!!!
    Thank you Obee! . I spent an hour collecting data and a half an hour organizing it. I'll take a break and then continue to Ydra

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

It is very helpful but I believe that is more necesary for lvl down because in lvl hight a normal boss is easy and no is necesary learn skill or atack of them lol

I had a similar idea to this, but it was to implement in the game as an option to let us see skills and health of bosses , but I decided to stop supporting my thread because only received bad comments like nobody cares

Just here the link: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Of-The-Bosses
    Last edited by Hercules; 10-01-2014 at 05:10 PM.

[Gamer 🎮] [Public Loudspeaker 📢] [Forum adept 🔧] [Economist 💰] [Positive user 💡] [Verified Profile ✔️]