Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Own PvP as a Warrior

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Default How to Own PvP as a Warrior

Hello Warrior community of AL! This is your lucky day as I, Alhunt, a mage, will teach you how to rock PvP.

Disclaimer: This thread is a satire on the warrior class, not meant to offend anyone or anything but is instead my way of campaigning for a fix of this OP weapon.

First you gotta understand your role in the game. STS obviously means for you to be a class that deals damage not as much as rogues and mages but deal it anyway and not be just a damage absorbing class. To fulfill that role, STS gave you guys the glaive, maul and now the buffed bulwark. With these, you have the best HP in the game, best armor and decent damage.

So how DO you win PvP? Simple. Spam crates until you loot a bulwark. This little brainchild of STS lets you have huge amounts of HP and armor as well as damage that equals a mage without mythic gun. Now you got to get a good build:

Ax, Jugg, VB, HoR.

Run around CTF & TDM hunting for these little blue frogs that STS meant to be called "pets" but somehow or the other got turned into a class. Then, VB, ax them in and charge weapon. This bit is crucial because a charged bulwark has a 100% chance to cast a skill the aforementioned pets have an ability to cast - CURSE. These froglike creatures wield these skills with great precision to cause great pain...in clashes. If they drop this on you, you laugh (irl or ig depending on your disposition) and attack like no tomorrow - this is because this skill has little to no impact on you. HOWEVER.

Your bulwark's curse lasts about 5 seconds and has a CD that is as long as your weapon charging time. The frogs' curse has a 15s cd and lasts 10s. 5s->0s, 10s->15s. Gotta love STS, no?

So what you do is, ax the mages in when they run, and charge bulwark. Jugg when you feel like it, heal when you're low HP. It won't matter really. Your curse handicaps them, which is good, yeah?

If you see rogues, do the same. They can't use nox which means they fight you with 3 skills - and you get to use 5. Good, no?

That's it, follow this guide and you will be the strongest class in AL. Don't forget to thank me and above all STS for giving you this wonderful buff!!
    Last edited by Alhuntrazeck; 10-05-2014 at 10:16 PM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Excellent tip and so simple to execute!

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Your sig made me read this post twice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Possibly the most in depth and comprehensive guide I've ever seen, you sir truly understand the inner workings of PVP in this day in age. I would thank this over and over if said action were possible, 5 stars!
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Visiting For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Well that pretty much sums it up.
    Officer@Eutopia
    #BuffScorch2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I play both classes mage and warrior
    I have been on both ends of the bulwark and i agree
    Original post is correct on this.......

That 100% proc chance def upsets whatever small amount of balance that was left.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

So true.
    So Simple.

#Alhunt4GuideMaker2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Wew alhunt......ure so true....i think im gonna buy a bulwark for my warrie and rock my preferred class in pvp --> little, weak, underarmored, easy 2 kill, forgotten, discriminated, blue fleas

But our big brother STS will ignore this thread like each other before about us mages...................

But my hope is that we rise like poenix with lvl 2.340.715.....lmao

IGN: HARTHOLZWURM; Endgamemage
    Weeeeew, i am a cool one ;-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

So...would you say Bulwark is more OP than Glaive on debut? Or than Maul on debut?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Well .. a guide on how to kill a mage by a warrior..
    its awesome... was so tough to kill a mage these days..
    Really Enlightened.. A mage can die ..finally.. yeah
    Last edited by Linkincena; 10-06-2014 at 03:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Get rid of Bulwark's curse. That's a MAGE'S skill... For MAGES... Give it something else. Ty.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

lol@mages

Robhawk

Guys... just... put the phone away and enjoy real life more! I do this for 2 weeks now and its great!
    No need to be upset about all this class"balance" / ganging / karma here magnum there crap... no need to think about mages beeing the dustbin of the game...

THX STS for messing everything up, economy with plat abusers, the event system getting weaker with every event (from players perspective not your profitperspective HAHA) and now classbalance...

Also remember: They dont really care about all this, they never did and they never will! Threads get closed or deleted... its allways the same. All that matters is PROFIT, HOW TO GET REAL MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKET !!! -> NEW CONTENT, NEWWW CONTENT.... NEWWWWWW PEETTSSSSSSS... BUUUYYYY SSOMMMMMEEEE PLLLAAATTTTTTTT...... NO WONT HAPPEN !!!

I tell ya, the peak of this game was late 2013... now we or lets say you, because i already left AL, are running down the hill with a lot of speed...
    Also be sure that my post gets deleted sooner or later because the truth isnt something they (STS)want to hear because it reduces their PROFIT when you read posts like this! Well when this would be my game and platform i would delete it to and after that id go back crying in the cellar and ask my self why i did NOT listen to all those smart and addicted players month ago.
    Last edited by Robhawk; 10-06-2014 at 04:56 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'M a warrior, and I recently sold my maul and bought Bulwark - but I share the mages' opinion, this is just freaking ridiculous, lol. Most warriors just run around charging weapon at the mages and they're powerless to do anything to fight back. It was just a bad idea to start with imo. If STS doesn't repair this soon, they'll see a lot of mages quitting and I'm sure we don't want that.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to suckyiknow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

"Mages? No, they went extinct during The Bulwark Era"
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

pfffu another crying thread made by smurfs for smurfs

Little blue rats, i remember when Maul came out, or even Glaive, they were OP too, and i didnt see so much crying about it! Honestly, mage class needs a BUFF for long time, nerfing warrior/rogues items wont change the REAL problem!! Bulwark is GOOD not OP, vs rogues that curse can be totally useless, coz they dodge all the time, so its really hard to curse them..especially Arcane Ring rogues! A skilled Arcane Ring rogue (or even without ring) can easily kill any skilled Bulwark tank.

So...plz stop asking STG to nerf this..nerf that...and, instead of this, ask for - BUFF MAGE CLASS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

No buff can save a mage from a bulwark warrior unless they give us a unique "anti bulwark curse buff"

As mentioed above this bulwark gives a warrior a 5th skill with no cooldown at all, brainfreeze.

STS can not ignore such a well written essay, made by alhunt, good job, i could not have said it better myself.

There are many problems in this game but since farming elite/planar isnt profitable for me all i can do without boring myself to sleep or doing homework, is pvp. Bulwark warriors has destroyed pvp for me even more than it already was as a sorc.

The overall agreement among the community, that alot needs to be done have got to be addressed and sooner better than later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

What I don't understand is how the Bulwark was meant to be a PvE tanking weapon.. and now it's the most viable PvP weapon in the game. How anyone thinks a 100% chance to proc on any item in the game is unfair. I don't PvP but I send my love to all of you blue friends out there trying to make a fair dent in the game. Sucks for sure...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    pfffu another crying thread made by smurfs for smurfs

Little blue rats, i remember when Maul came out, or even Glaive, they were OP too, and i didnt see so much crying about it! Honestly, mage class needs a BUFF for long time, nerfing warrior/rogues items wont change the REAL problem!! Bulwark is GOOD not OP, vs rogues that curse can be totally useless, coz they dodge all the time, so its really hard to curse them..especially Arcane Ring rogues! A skilled Arcane Ring rogue (or even without ring) can easily kill any skilled Bulwark tank.

So...plz stop asking STG to nerf this..nerf that...and, instead of this, ask for - BUFF MAGE CLASS!
    Seems like noone/no post/no thread were made about "bulwark not fair this damage low, bulwark not fair that stat low" Oh I was too sarcastic, these threads flooded the general discussion section

When maul was released, it was a rare arcane, not a weapon which all warriors in pvp use like now. They only became this common after so much time. Btw Maul and Glaive were still defeatable, they do not completely disable the target and let them die in dispair. We should at least have a chance to fight back, dont we? As matanofx said no buff can save mages if we just "attack = die, not attack = die anyways".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

You forgot to add the tank stack to your guide. Just pile on 4 bulwark warriors on one side (in tdm) and then watch and giggle as the other team falls.

On a side note that is all I've been seeing lately.. tanks stacking non-stop, pretty soon it's just going to be tanks vs tanks. No one wants to play in that, rogue or mage.