Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Spacetime Rundown | 10/8/2014

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

Default The Spacetime Rundown | 10/8/2014

Welcome to this week’s Spacetime Rundown. As always, this is where we recap all the latest game updates, review upcoming community events, reveal embarrassing info about our developers, and give everyone a heads up on what’s coming down the road for Spacetime.

Game Recaps
    Legends Titles:

Arcane Legends :
    • Free Platinum Offers: We have submitted a new client to Apple with an alternate Free Platinum Offer provider called Fyber. As with all client submissions, the Apple approval process takes time, so we’re looking forward getting Fyber Free Platinum Offers soon.
    • Abaddon Egg Sale: We put an Abaddon tradable egg on sale for a limited time. Special thanks to the thousands of players who purchased the egg and we hope you enjoy your new pet or consignment shop earnings!

Battle Titles:

Battle Command:
    • 2X Army Training Speed: Armies were training twice as fast last weekend. Players battled intensely with their fresh troops and reaped the rewards of this action!
    • Halloween Event: Battle Command! is now haunted for Halloween! The world of is packed full of tricks and treats for players to discover for the entire month of October, with 5 new Halloween themed campaign maps, spooky statues, pumpkins, tombstones, and more!

Arcane Battlegrounds:
    • Double Social Boosts – Social boosts were doubled last weekend allowing players to earn more resources. We hope that everyone enjoys those bonuses!
    • Halloween Event – Arcane Battlegrounds has come down with a spooky spell. Now through the end of October, players will find haunting new extras throughout their kingdom.

Battle Dragons:
    • 2X Army Training Speed – Armies were training twice as fast last weekend. Thanks to all who played in the intense and fast-paced action over the weekend.
    • Halloween Event – Battle Dragons has become more frightening for Halloween! Your base is now packed full of extras sweeter than candy corn, now through the end of October.

Coming Soon

Arcane Legends:
    • Double Super Gem Chance: Your chance of getting a super gem will be doubled for a limited time. Log-in over this weekend to test your luck!
    • Halloween Event: We’ve an awesome new Halloween event coming soon to Arcane Legends. Players will be able to journey back to the Necropolis to fight against spooky new bosses, earn frightening new gear, and re-discover some old pets. Check out our latest October Producer Letter to see screenshots of this cool new content!

Battle Command:
    • Instant War College Upgrades: Take advantage of event to upgrade your troops instantly for a limited time this weekend!
    • Half Price Defensive Weapon Upgrades: Spend less on defenses for a limited time to defeat your enemies and fortify your base.

Arcane Battlegrounds:
    • Instant Library Upgrades: Take advantage of event to upgrade your army instantly for a limited time this weekend!
    • Double Trophies: Earn twice the amount of trophies by playing PvP matches for a limited time.

Battle Dragons:
    • Instant Temple of War Upgrades: Take advantage of event to upgrade your dragon army instantly for a limited time this weekend!
    • o Instant Spells: Receive devastating spells instantly in a limited time event coming soon!

Latest Videos
    Check out the nail-biting finale to the Arcane Legends End-of-Summer Clash! With the final battle between Team Karma and team Karma Forever:

Community Events
    Battle Command 3 Star Challenge!
    Spacetime moderator Arpluvial is giving out a hefty sack of crystals to you Battle Command players who emerge from battle with a 3-star victory! http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Victory-Raffle!!! Win a battle with 3-stars, snap a screenshot, and you could be well on your way to winning 500 Crystals!

Halloween is Coming!
    Halloween is creeping right up! Keep an eye out for tons of halloween themed action in the forums, with lots of chances to win big prizes like platinum, halloween vanities, and more!

Community Spotlight
    Are you an artist that has some awesome fan art you’d like to share? A writer with a fan-fiction that will have us on the edge of our seat? Did you write the very best guide on building a warrior for PvP? Do you have a YouTube channel with videos that you just know will entertain us? Submit them to the monthly Community Spotlight contest and you could be recognized in front of the whole Spacetime Community! Check out our proud winners for the month of August!

AL: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-October-2014
    PL: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-October-2014
    DL: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-October-2014
    SL: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...d-October-2014

Dev Bio

In each Spacetime Rundown we will introduce you to a member of the STS team and let you get to know the person behind the red name! This week, meet Greg, otherwise known as G-M in the forums. We asked him a few questions to get to know him better!

Q: Tell us a little about yourself. Who are you? Where are you from? What do you like to do when you’re not working at STS? Any fun facts we should know about you?
    A: I’m Greg Mueller, and I am the producer for the live Battles games at STS. I grew up among the pine trees in beautiful Spokane, Washington. When not at STS I spend lots of time playing blocks and trains and cars and dinosaurs with my two boys. I also love to ride my bike, do yard work, play board games, and watch football and basketball.

Q: How did you get into the games industry?
    A: I got into the game industry by landing an internship at a gaming website called GameSpot. I had recently graduated college with a Journalism degree and a Criminal Justice degree. I liked to write but didn’t want to be a newspaper reporter, so I figured I’d try to get a job writing game reviews. Seemed like a sweet gig to just play and write about games all day. It was a great few years as I got to go to exciting game events all over the world and work with a lot of great people. You can still find a couple hundred of my reviews today on GameSpot. Eventually I got burned out on writing game reviews and decided I wanted to have a part in creating something myself. That’s when I started doing product management, web design, and eventually working on STS games.

Q: What is your favorite part about working for STS?
    A: My favorite part of working at STS is all the people I work with. There’s a tremendous amount of talent and passion here, from our artists and programmers to our QA testers and producers. Everyone can and does contribute to everything we put out and we all take great pride in our work. This makes for a really fun and exciting work environment.

Q: What is the first video game you ever played?
    A: The first video game I remember playing is Breakout on my parents’ Atari 2600. I couldn’t have been more than three or four years old. Fun fact: Steve Jobs was a designer on Breakout when he worked at Atari before starting Apple.

Q: If you could be a character in any game (it doesn’t have to be a Spacetime Game), what would it be?
    A: Geez this is a very difficult question. Probably Link from the Legend of Zelda games. Exploring dungeons and finding cool tools and saving the world seems like a pretty good time.

Q: If you could choose a power or weapon from any game arsenal, which would it be and why?
    A: Superman’s ability to fly. I don’t think any other power or weapon compares to limitless flight.

Q: Do you have any advice that you would give to any players out there who are also interested in getting involved with game production like you?
    A: One trick I’ve learned is when you’re working on an idea for a game try writing a story from the player’s perspective of how he or she will experience the game. Get as detailed as possible and you’ll discover points where the story breaks down or strays off path. It helps to get ideas out of your head and on to paper because it forces you to articulate your thoughts. It might feel silly or uncomfortable at first but you can learn a lot doing this exercise. Also, learn how to code.
    Last edited by Remiem; 10-08-2014 at 05:33 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

FIRST

quite an amazing life u have MR.G-M

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

every dev's favorite thing about STS seems to be the people

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Remi....y.....y.....y u no do dev bio on yurself? The community loves you yet they don't know you as well as you know us. Anyways, where are the September winners? 12 Days to decide eh?

Click THIS to see my Sig-Tutorials!
    AL (Retired): Theologically : Pacified: Crimple : Pegging

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Helicopter For This Useful Post: