Thread: Bulwark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Bulwark

Im not sure why my last post was taken down so quickly as I did not break any of the posting rules. All I did was simply point the obvious truths.

Sts did a great job on the Bulwark! I can understand minor changes being made to it but it was literally taken from an amazing warrior weapon to worthless. Unless you are a PVE only player then I guess all is good. Just so we are clear with this change it now procs about 1 out of 50 swings and when it does it is completely ineffective.

If this was really such an issue then why dont you just change the proc????

Not to mention this change will cost many of your players millions in gold.

There was nothing wrong with the Bulwark! It balanced pvp because with it Rogues no longer dominated everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Its STS... what do you expect...

No one complained of the proc when the weapon was first introduced.
    No one complained of the proc when the beta servers went up and the weapon was buffed.

Then many complained when the final buff was given to the weapon.

And now...

Seriously...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

It needed to be nerfed a LITTLE I think they just went a tad overboard. It was doing 250-260 dmg per hit when the curse was active now it does 85-95. It did take about 20 tries to get it to proc on charge.

To me the ideal solution would have been to cut the dmg to 170-180 and the 100% rate should of been brought down to about 80%.

Now it's just an eh weapon for pvp. What really should have happened imo is mages should have received a buff to their shield. But, it is what it is now.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    It needed to be nerfed a LITTLE I think they just went a tad overboard. It was doing 250-260 dmg per hit when the curse was active now it does 85-95. It did take about 20 tries to get it to proc on charge.

To me the ideal solution would have been to cut the dmg to 170-180 and the 100% rate should of been brought down to about 80%.

Now it's just an eh weapon for pvp. What really should have happened imo is mages should have received a buff to their shield. But, it is what it is now.
    I guess we Warriors are back to Level 36 PVP weps...... awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You do not know what you are talking about.

The real issue was not the bulwark. It is class imbalances.

The Bulwark was easily beatable by a skilled rogue and as for mages.. What really changed? Mages could never beat a tank to start with. The bulwark leveled the playing ground in ctf because it checked rogues.

It was fine to tweak it but it was more than tweaked it was made completely useless in pvp.

When Sts made new mythic wepons for rogues and mages did they make them so they were only useful in pve and not in pvp as well? No they didnt. So why is it okay that it is done to warriors?

The real issue here is Mages need to be revamped.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Khicho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Welcome guys to AL where everything is subject to change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sacredknight View Post
    welcome guys to al where everything is subject to change
    your stats today ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGES!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

How it became OP???

if you see 5 bulwark users in PVP in the same team will you still dare to join the fray?? Its common sense.

The proc charging time in a single vs battle takes a long time and its hard to aim properly.

Some folks just dont want the change to be not on their favor thats why the weapon was re-nerfed back to its original state or maybe worse.
    Its the forums, as long as we follow the rules and only expressing what we think needs to be expressed we are free to talk about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InternetExplorer:1861950
    How it became OP???

if you see 5 bulwark users in PVP in the same team will you still dare to join the fray?? Its common sense.

The proc charging time in a single vs battle takes a long time and its hard to aim properly.

Some folks just dont want the change to be not on their favor thats why the weapon was re-nerfed back to its original state or maybe worse.
    Its the forums, as long as we follow the rules and only expressing what we think needs to be expressed we are free to talk about it.
    I agree. Its possibly worse than the original bulwark. Old mythic glaive may be better which makes no sense. If they needed to nerf it they should have done the proc rate or the damage. Not both. They need to increase the time it takes to charge too. Im sure the 100 % proc rate was there to somewhat compensate for the long charge time.
    Last edited by Ravager; 10-09-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get Real.
    You warriors have claymore, glaive, bonesaw, and maul and can easily kill mages with those.
    us mages are only decent with staff and gun.
    Quit acting like its the end of the world because you guys didnt give a damn about bulwark when it first came out.
    then it got godly then nerfed and all the sudden you get butthurt.
    Still have a selection of 4 other weopons and you should of known it would of got a nerf soon due to the crying about it. not your fault youve wasted 15m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

The problem is that the gear hasn't followed a logical order for Warriors at all.

The Nordr expansion was released in April of 2013 with the release of the Arcane Maul. That weapon has been a legitimate weapon to use for 1-1/2 years. Due in part to the glitched proc which only till recently was finally fixed. This weapon has been seriously usable for 1-1/2 years. Compare that to Arcane hooks which were released in February of 2013 those were usable for 6 months at the most.

Next for warriors they got the Pavise which honestly was usable for 1 week. I can't remember exactly when it was released but I want to say... June of 2013? It has a horrible range just like the bulwark - people were running around with the mauls from Oltgar instead. The Pavise is one of my favorite looking weapons but if a tank knew how to use health potions I would take a tank with more damage in elites back then over a Pavise tank all day.

Next we have the Glaive and Bonesaw. Released in what... September 2013? This is yet another weapon that is still usable today and is easily one of the best weapons for a tank. You can still use this weapon and it's been out for A YEAR! Compare that to the old mythic weapons that rogues and mages had - those weapons just aren't that great anymore, let alone useable to the degree that a warrior can. Try running around with mythic daggers to an Elondrian bow or an orbital staff to an Elondrian gun.

Next we had the gear staggering and the dragkin teeth weapons which required you to farm for weeks to save up enough teeth. The dragkin teeth axe for the warrior is laughable the dragkin teeth daggers are slightly better but still - the magma weapons are far better than something that takes LONGER to farm. The time put into farming an item should tie directly into the items worth, and yet those weapons seem to just fill a vanity slot.

So then we have the Bulwark, it seems to begin following the exact same path that I predicted it would with the Pavise and then you magically fix it to make it usable only to throw this weapon in the scrap bin again right next to the Pavise a couple weeks later.

What's going on here? The gear staggering just doesn't seem to be happening especially when it comes to warriors. We're defaulting back on weapons used in the Kraken expansion? Warriors are really in some ways lucky they can use these old weapons, but that doesn't mean it makes a lick of sense. The Bulwark should have some power - you don't need a Bulwark tank to tank elites. At this point just use the crate sword and shield if you can't use health potions or time your skills properly. The Bulwark really does deserve to have some power, what you've done here is take a step backward from the right direction.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 10-09-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khicho View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the Bulwark! It balanced pvp because with it Rogues no longer dominated everyone!
    Sounds like rogues need a nerf.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

u still playing?

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Sounds like rogues need a nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avshow View Post
    u still playing?
    No. But I may start again if we can get and gem multiple Paracelsus Soul stones. Otherwise no point in coming back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Rogue mythics
    41 bow > 36 daggers > 31 bow

Mage mythics
    41 gun > 36 staff > 31 bow

Warrior mythics
    41 bulwark <= 36 glaive > 31 pavise

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

*Just enjoying the mind boggling hap hazard decisions here.
    Anyone want popcorn?

It matters not whether you look like a beast, but that you fight like one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Im guessing the bulwark is more effective for pve than it was at its initial release, and so mission success i say

Sword and shield combos have never been known to be viable weapons for pvp because the damage is too low.....

Whats so hard to understand about that?
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

As a warrior, what I see here is people wanting a TANK weapon to have OFFENSIVE power. It's not a sword and sword people, its a sword and SHIELD. It's the weapon that gives most armor in the game. It's made to sustain damage, whether it be in pvp or pve.. Not auto kill mages or rogues.

Just...stahp. :|
    Officer@Eutopia
    #BuffScorch2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

People don't wait seasons and spend millions on items to be restricted to PVE only. Not everyone is going to PVE to the point they break even to the value of the weapon. The value comes from PVP. Rogues don't have to debate whether to consider using a 41 bow or 36 daggers are better. Warriors have to revert to yesteryears weapons since those, for some odd reason, are better. So warriors who waited for the latest and greatest saw nothing to look forward to. If there's nothing to look forward to, its one of the reasons people quit the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

'It needed to be nerfed a LITTLE I think they just went a tad overboard. It was doing 250-260 dmg per hit when the curse was active now it does 85-95. It did take about 20 tries to get it to proc on charge. - Raregem'

^ I'm assuming the proc on charge was on a rogue and from my experience I was able to proc on a rogue after an average of 4 tries pre-nerf, and post-buff. Which would make the effective percentage of hitting a rogue go from 25% to 5%. That coupled with the damage per hit being reduced 66% why even bother charging the bulwark to apply curse? That's like 30 seconds trying to apply curse just charging the bulwark alone. In PvP you would most likely be dead by then, and in PvE at that time I would kick you from the party.

The.. 'just stahp' is silly. I went over the entire reasoning why nerfing it is a silly idea above and why it makes little to no sense. Ravager made it even simpler to understand using greater than and less than symbols. The point is that before the offensive power came from an attack proc that was already hard to hit on a moving target due to the tiny range.

If they do re-release mythic weapons in some form like last year with a different skin, they might as well play a 'whaaa whaaaaa' if you open a crate and get a mythic bulwark.

No one is saying that the damage and dps should be upped on it - it's already low. The game needs to have diversity in how to play with different gear, but with the change that they just applied the only thing the bulwark is going to do is collect pixel dust in the auction and or your stash.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post:

raw