Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bulwark's feedback - nerf nerf nerf more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Bulwark's feedback - nerf nerf nerf more

Dear STS,

I don't know who and how tested bulwark at your side and said its good now but... it's not... at all.

I'd like to take a minute to pass on my feedback on recent bulwark's changes that took place.

Not only the weapon has very short range (you must almost stand on the target!) and you must be very(!) accurate when you aim!
    (which doesn't take place when you are mage or rouge - autoaims anything in long range)

Weapon was nerfed so much that now you can't kill anyone due to lack of damage, which was balanced by poison. At this point if there's no poison, you can stand the fight, but as said above, you can't kill... so you die. What's the point of having such weapon?!?!?

To poison, you must charge the attack, what's time consuming, if you count that rouge dodges 40-50% of your hits, and bulwark poisons every 3-4 hits, it takes you 6-8 charges hits to poison the targes which is ridiculus. Rouge crits you again in 30-40% of hits, so if you won't poison, (which is uberRare now) you die no matter what you do.

Mage gun now roots every few shots and gives armor in every shot(!), rog bow procs much more often and bulwark now, not only doesn't proc but don't poison. if I want just armor I'll buy tree set and conquerer's wall... should be fine and costs 1000x less.

Mage roots you much often, so if not poisoned, you don't make any damage and lack of range makes warrior stand alone like finger and very velnurable (jugg cooldown is long so can't move freely).

It's just a matter of time - you can stand but you can't kill. You can't kill, you die. Simple.

If I compare magma sword (legendary) with mythic weapon for warrior lvl41 I must admit it's some kind of joke, bad joke.
    I'd expect much more from best weapon for warrior on end-game level.

You gave solution for warrior poison which was great idea(!) - for mage gale, for rouge razor. Now not only I can't poison, but if I luckly will, they can get rid of it just like that... so please tell me why you gave solution to poison and debuffed the weapon, to poison much much less?

For rouges and mages it's like eating the cake and having the cake, right?

Is it my fault that others who can use this solution don't do it? Nooo, ofc it's better to destroy the weapon totally and make it almost useless.

If mages cry that bulwark's overpowered, maybe it's good idea to nerf it only partly, like only on mage class and leave it as it was with rouges?

I play this game from beginning and I have a feeling that you lost sense of word MYTHIC somewhere on the way.
    You know... few seasons back, mythic was really mythic, it meant something. Now if you can compare legendary weapon with mythic, what's the point of having mythic? Just for a prestige? Or what? So you can earn more 'gold'?

If you do, buff it, so warriors will want it again! It's called demand!

In pvp even tanks must kill !

It's just my point of view, I hope that others will say something more.

Best regards STS
    Swardix
    Last edited by Swardix; 10-09-2014 at 05:48 PM. Reason: personal

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Swardix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts

People just cry because they can't find a way to overcome an obstacle

Zep / Basic / Titan / OG Night

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Volt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You've said everything what i want to say, They should have not rebuffed the weapon and promised every player who owns it that it will changed to become better after the initial release,then to be nerfed again in the end.

The issue is class imbalance, not WEAPON OP'ness in game. Whats the point of testing it in the TEST server and approving the rebuff then nerfing it up in the end??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
    People just cry because they can't find a way to overcome an obstacle
    Exactly. 1 post thousands of replies and half of those replies are the same person lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Tank is for taking damage not killing. If you want to do more damage you picked the wrong class, play a mage or rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I fully agree! This, IMO, was not the proper approach to fix the inherent flaws of the sorcerer class.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

This weapon isn't designed for PVP in the first place, it's for TANKING, personally curse (a mage skill to begin with) shouldn't have been placed on this weapon to begin with. I DO think that the range should be increased and the proc should be changed to something viable for pvp (that isn't another classes skill). But, that's just me .-.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It never made sense to me why they buffed it for pvp. Im glad its been nerfed back to a SHIELD, lmao. Was just like a ridiculous glitched item. Lmao. I will admit, it was fun as heck and it was a great break to the monotony of the game, its nice to be OP for short bursts if you aren't normaly already. For vs. it was terrible unless the other player had no idea how it worked, if they did know how it worked you felt like you had been disarmed the whole fight (which lasted forever) It got me through till this next event none the less. Was something new to test and figure out, was exciting for short time, its all what you make of it. Almost never a reason to be upset, just reasons to put your thinking cap on and find new solutions. Glad its gone now. Back to playing a real game. I look forward to combat with you all soon!

Regarding again, if other players did know how this worked etc..... if everyone was a good player and took the time to see how things actually worked and adjusted their gameplay (this goes out to even some of our top most geared possible players for SURE) ... IMO if this was the case this weapon would have not needed nerf, it would have never been effective in the first place.

Ive played a lot of online pvp in other games. This game by far has the most players focused on gear and not gameplay I have ever seen. For that reason I love it. Because nothing is better than using some skill and crraaapy gear and beating out someone who has spent 100m gold. All you need is a little teamwork, goes a looonnngggggg way.
    Last edited by honeybutter; 10-09-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    This weapon isn't designed for PVP in the first place, it's for TANKING, personally curse (a mage skill to begin with) shouldn't have been placed on this weapon to begin with. I DO think that the range should be increased and the proc should be changed to something viable for pvp (that isn't another classes skill). But, that's just me .-.
    Tanking what exactly? In PvP you don't tank? People refuse to adapt to fighting styles, there is a reason why most rogues slowly worked the damage over time portion of noxious bolt out of their builds due to curse. There are several mages on the boards who offered builds here which also worked and killed post bulwark buff. Do people not know how curse works? I had an talented arcane ring tank with Samael, and a bulwark 3 days ago try and kill me - I just took off my bow and punched him and he couldn't do enough damage to come even close. Is Alpha wolf elite the hardest boss in the game?
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Tanking what exactly? In PvP you don't tank? People refuse to adapt to fighting styles, there is a reason why most rogues slowly worked the damage over time portion of noxious bolt out of their builds due to curse. There are several mages on the boards who offered builds here which also worked and killed post bulwark buff. Do people not know how curse works? I had an talented arcane ring tank with Samael, and a bulwark 3 days ago try and kill me - I just took off my bow and punched him and he couldn't do enough damage to come even close. Is Alpha wolf elite the hardest boss in the game?
    I'd like to say "Don't Pvp with a tank weapon." But I realize this is the latest and greatest weapon for warriors, and thus it deserves to be the best weapon for warriors. But, STS made a weapon that had the highest armor/hp in game AND then gave it a pretty sure-fire way to kill smurfs with their own skill.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Launch the Bulwark in Elond and its useless. Then you guys Nerf the weapon and its an Op weapon, even kills mauler. Then you nerf Maul of Ollerus. We change to Bulwark. Then you nerf Bulwark it again so it became useless. I'd say why don't you scam us since the beginning. Good Game. This game is dead.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barzagli For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jexetta View Post
    Adapting/avoiding Bulwark isn't as easy as it seems. No matter what you do as a mage - gale, run for your life, timeshift - it's gunna get you. You need to deal damage in order to kill a tank... But you end up killing yourself first before doing anything. You can stop attacking when you're cursed, but that's gunna get you nowhere. Gale build is an alternative to use to help you last a few more seconds, not one to overcome the bulwark (low dmg).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Tank is for taking damage not killing. If you want to do more damage you picked the wrong class, play a mage or rogue.
    Fully agree. And can people just stop complaining about EVERYTHING. bulwark released and everyone complains it needs buffed. Bulwark gets buffed and everyone complains its op. Bulwark gets nerfed and everyone complaining again. Pls for the sake of humanity stop whining and deal with it. Hell, even with singe people were complaining it needed buffed and now after singe buff ive seen people complaining its op. Everybody just play the game and enjoy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Warriors shouldn't even be using a mage's skill in the first place. I honestly wouldn't care if the bulwark would proc an extra 1000 armor to user, but should totally get rid of Curse.

Honestly, I don't see this mythic weapon lasting another season (same with lv 31 sword/shield), so something must obviously happen to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

TBH I think the debuff on the curse was the wrong call, not because the weapon is now completely useless in PvP but because it's worse then before at PvE! IMO This weapon shouldn't even be used for endgame PvP, it's a tanking weapon which means low DPS, average if not slightly below average DMG and HIGH HP and Armor. With a co responding proc which helps it's tankyness.

The Vigilant Pavise is a perfect example of said weapon, it was the best tanking weapon for all of S4 and still the best through S5. The proc it possessed was great for PvE but was unusable in PvP. Why the Bulwark didn't follow suit and be a purely PvE weapon is unknown, personally I really wonder what the devs were thinking. Warriors shouldn't complain and instead be patient for the next PvP weapon next year, this weapon will have the upper hand as apposed to the previous generation of Mage and Rogue PvP Mythic because it is as obviously pointed out, 5 levels ahead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor:1862613
    Warriors shouldn't even be using a mage's skill in the first place. I honestly wouldn't care if the bulwark would proc an extra 1000 armor to user, but should totally get rid of Curse.

Honestly, I don't see this mythic weapon lasting another season (same with lv 31 sword/shield), so something must obviously happen to this.
    I was expecting to get a few more months out of this or maybe even into the 46 cap as it was designed to be competitve to that length but not like this.

Its pointless for wars to go into pvp with bulwark right now. For what? Just to support mages and rogues? Screw that. Even with max gear and arcane ring its hard me to get a single kill. Even against nonring users.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I was expecting to get a few more months out of this or maybe even into the 46 cap as it was designed to be competitve to that length but not like this.

Its pointless for wars to go into pvp with bulwark right now. For what? Just to support mages and rogues? Screw that. Even with max gear and arcane ring its hard me to get a single kill. Even against nonring users.
    The Bulwark isn't even supposed to be PvP weapon, even when it was first released it was stated that it was a purely PvE support/tank weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight:1862620
    TBH I think the debuff on the curse was the wrong call, not because the weapon is now completely useless in PvP but because it's worse then before at PvE! IMO This weapon shouldn't even be used for endgame PvP, it's a tanking weapon which means low DPS, average if not slightly below average DMG and HIGH HP and Armor. With a co responding proc which helps it's tankyness.

The Vigilant Pavise is a perfect example of said weapon, it was the best tanking weapon for all of S4 and still the best through S5. The proc it possessed was great for PvE but was unusable in PvP. Why the Bulwark didn't follow suit and be a purely PvE weapon is unknown, personally I really wonder what the devs were thinking. Warriors shouldn't complain and instead be patient for the next PvP weapon next year, this weapon will have the upper hand as apposed to the previous generation of Mage and Rogue PvP Mythic because it is as obviously pointed out, 5 levels ahead.
    Rogues like the flexibility to use mythic daggers in pvp. They even had a proc for pvp.
    Mage staff is probably designed more for pve but it was a viable option for pvp as well.

If its going to be pve only, im sorry but theres nothing mythical about it. Release a tanking weapon that is legendary and see what the demand is and the price. Warriors dont wait for months on end to get a weapon that is 1/3 qualtiy/price of a rogue bow and get a pve only restriction.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

The dumbest part of it, don't change em since the beginning.. so we don't have to lose gold just to adapt the situation the dev made us. Now what? no gold and we're stuck with a stick to play?? might as well get scam in the beginning than toying around.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to barzagli For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

Imho they just did a step back to original bulwark instead of seriously fix the mage unbalance, although i have to say im with all the players who say: A warrior shouldnt have a mages skill, mages strongest skill with nearly no cooldown!!! They never should have done that but instead increase damage and other numbners on bulwark.