Thread: A Guide to Kiting (Twink)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Cool A Guide to Kiting (Twink)

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. You're probably going like "this dude sucks! Why should I read this guide?" True, I might not be the best at twinking. But that doesn't make me stupid! Nuff said. Let's get started.

Builds: Use Allowance's or Dragonsalt's kiting builds. (Of course, there are some of you that do well on your own custom build. Do as you wish.)

On to the guide.

Let me start by saying that there are a lot of kiters around. But many think that just because they have a rifle, they are kiting. Well those people are obviously stupid (no offense). There's more to it! (Again, obviously.)
    Read every dam guide around. It's probably going to say that kiting is all about using range as an advantage. That's true!
    So how do you do this?
    Common sense here: If you're using range as an advantage, you need to strike first so that they will stay in your range, but you won't stay at their range!
    Key word: "Strike first".

1. The successful kite is to wait for the opponent to come to you FIRST! When you start a fight, never approach them first. It's possible to still kill the opponent, But you have a much better chance if they approach you first.

2. Read the range! This takes a while to get good at it. Remember that you have a rifle, which means that you have a much better advantage on range. Because next thing you know, if they come close enough, they will FLOOR you!
    Shoot a pistol. The laser didn't go as far right? Now shoot a rifle. It went farther eh? Use distance as your advantage, so start engaging your skills at the correct distance. HINT: You don't need to be facing the opponent if you want to attack them.

3. Use blur if you want to first. One of the very first attack skills you have to engage is lash. I usually use amp then lash, and some use lash before amp. Whatever is your preference, go for it. Lash will root the opponent so that he/she cannot move out of your range. And try not to move much! Then you will lose your range, and your kite. I use lurch as my last attack skill, and then I heal if I have to. It's very good to use all of your attack skills first before lurch, because if you try to use them after, they will be out of your range because they are pushed all the way back. And when you approach them to use your attack skills, they will end up kiting YOU.
    Also, lurch your opponent in a direction where they will go far back, only if you are low on health. If you lurch them to a wall nearby, they can still attack you because you are in range. But if you think you can manage it, lurch them so they land close by, so you can still attack them.

4. If they come close to you, move back. Move back as they come forward to you. You should always stick to your advantage.

5. Wallers! they use the same starting step. They wait for you to approach you. Wait for them to come to you first. Move around if they try to get to you by cutting corners. They will later fail to move swiftly to another wall, and you can attack them. when it comes to wallers, don't waste your skills. Because while your skills are regening, the opponent will engage. Especially blur. Don't waste that. If you do, fall back and move around until its recharged. You should always use skills if you are sure that they wont have the time to go back behind the wall. Sometimes, they fake approach you by coming out of the wall towards you. And when you approach them, they will quickly go back to the wall. Engage blur if they are far enough away from the wall.

Weapons:
    when you are using a rifle, you only have a range advantage, not stat. An AMP Pistol + shield is a deadly combo that exceeds on stats compared to the rifle itself. Keep in mind that they have the better stats. That's when you kite! (duh).
    So what rifle is the best to use? I recommend using a rifle that best fits your stats. I must add that it's good as long as you have at least 90% hit. The veteran rifle provides +2 dodge, which I like. Others may provide more hit% or whatever.
    The 21 rifle (shredtech) is also good to use. Try comparing the rifles and see which provides the best stats to you.

Armor:
    I personally use full plat set EXCEPT the sleeves. I use goo soaked sleeves, but if my hit decreases to 89% I just equip my plat sleeves.

well that concludes my guide. Some of you might not understand this guide very well, which i totally understand. Kiting is some complicated thing, and it's totally not easy. But I can tell you that once you know how to kite good, you'll become great at pvp. and who knows? You might find some other cool tactics you discover along the way.
    there are so much people who think they kite just because they have a rifle. And they just end up trying to bullrush the opponent, only to fail very badly and get themselves killed.
    Kiting is all about range! Using range as an advantage!
    So when you are about to fight, always remind youself. "range, range, range".

Thanks for reading. It might not be the best guide, but I think it cleared out a few things that needed to be.

Bai!
    Last edited by Carcinogen; 10-09-2014 at 07:45 PM.

A b C d E f G h I j K l M n O p Q r S t u V w X y Z
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

if u wunt hacks i will give u kite hacks pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathplague View Post
    if u wunt hacks i will give u kite hacks pls
    oh u l33t h4x0r! xD

A b C d E f G h I j K l M n O p Q r S t u V w X y Z
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Name:  Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 8.06.58 PM.png
Views: 160
Size:  86.8 KB

how u tink i gawt deez keels by noawt haking?? huh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathplague View Post
    Name:  Screen shot 2014-07-26 at 8.06.58 PM.png
Views: 160
Size:  86.8 KB

how u tink i gawt deez keels by noawt haking?? huh
    sems ligeet o nah mebie yu joyn wit hyer levil and ye farmd dem wun bai wun. iz puszibul!
    isz nu haczx isz bug or isz glish. daz sa bad dethplagui!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Lol nice but kiters DONT strike first wait patiently for them to approach also don't get wall-lashed so stay away from walls. Good luck to everyone in twink! ^^ Hope you guys all improve.
    W

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Bad luck in Twink guys. I hope you all fail miserably and lose every fight!

WAT IZ LIFE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Burninglamp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

) only i know how to kite buhuhuhuh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxPureBeastxX View Post
    Lol nice but kiters DONT strike first wait patiently for them to approach also don't get wall-lashed so stay away from walls. Good luck to everyone in twink! ^^ Hope you guys all improve.
    diz waht ie zedd.
    r u bak allouanc or u jus lukin at furumz?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Buhuhuhu! No good guide but I recommend rifle. Range exceeds stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Rifle looks cooler, especially the veteran one 2 PLAt!

WAT IZ LIFE