Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To STS: regarding the planar arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

That was a decent reply Sam and appreciated.

I'm willing to see how the itemization of event gear plays out and the mythic crafting components.

However, a famous Sam designed vanity for planar would be the icing on the cake! Don't fix the gear just add something we can make a little gold off here and there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hopefully people will feel it is worth playing after the Planar Tombs content is out and dovetails with it.

We're human too. We're not going to always hit the mark. You guys bring up some good concerns. I am letting you know that we don't have plans to devote time to changing it right now. We want an awesome winter event more. Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    I think it's great that you guys are coming out with these really amazing events. The problem is that the events only last a couple of weeks so people are just logging in for them then leaving again. That doesn't help your player base in the end. The permanent pve content should also be a high priority. All I ask personally is that you guys reevaluate the arena once the tombs release, if it is still lacking then please focus on fixing it. People will run it for the mythic component but once they get it they will stop again if something is not done to change the loot.

The changes don't have to be with the gear really it just needs to be something that will hold a little value to make up for the cost of running it.
    Last edited by Raregem; 10-17-2014 at 11:59 AM.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #83
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    ... is that you guys reevaluate the arena once the tombs release, if it is still lacking then please focus on fixing it.
    Yup, agreed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

This!

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    That was a decent reply Sam and appreciated.

I'm willing to see how the itemization of event gear plays out and the mythic crafting components.

However, a famous Sam designed vanity for planar would be the icing on the cake! Don't fix the gear just add something we can make a little gold off here and there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Appreciate the response, Sam. Thanks.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have a suggestion: Perhaps allowing the arena gear to have unique procurements or even permanent buffs would be the answer. The "itemization plan" won't have to be corrupted. The base stats need not be the only aspect of an armor set. Please don't misunderstand me; I do not wish for an elaborate animation and crazy stat boosts. What I propose is something minor that makes an armor set unique. For Example, the arcane patch from lurid and umbral bows makes them very useful despite the fact that they have lower stats than devourer. Then again, those are weapons, not armor. Immunity from an enemy weapon procurement would be a more appropriate armor set bonus. Weighing that against the higher base stats of other (newer) armor would add to the diversity of builds and strategy.

Someone can take this suggestion and run with it in a new thread. Maybe I will once the idea has marinated a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

From Sams reply, I'm guessing that Halloween gear and winter gear will be better than planar zzzzz gear. That's why they don't want to buff it, it may then conflict with the stats of the upcoming gears. Looks like planar gear is just there to fill a temporary gap.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Calculated average
    For 30 runs, the numbers above work out to 300k spent, for loot that will bring in an absolute maximum of 150k, minus listing fees.

This kind of severe lack of quality in loot and item stats is what is making the game fail and forcing players to look for other entertainment options. We are wearing the same gear we got a year and a half ago, and the best and newest items to farm are over 30 damage lower in stats!!! Why even bother releasing this stuff? No offense, but it is utterly useless.

Request
    Please give us something to farm for that will be better than the old mythics. Please give us something that will make it worth our while to play for. Time is money, and spending twice as much as you can possibly make back is NOT anyone's idea of a good time.

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.
    If they make the game profitable you won't buy plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

People will buy plat evenactually if it is profitable As you say, if planar arena is profitable people will continue buying ankhs from other players who buy plat to buy those ankhs kits and sell. If noone buys plat to buy ankhs, ankh kits will be in higher demand, thus increasing the price, and people will buy plat for ankhs anyways.

I think the reason why arena is not fun is because
    -arena master chests arent trade-able
    -the chest only drops 2 items, considering all other chests in normal and elite maps drop 3
    -the items drop in the arena master chests suck, sad reality
    -fossil's price is not as high as arcane shard/ring

Wo it makes sense why we dont want to go to a harder place than elite tindirin, where you have to use ankhs to revive because once died cant join the fight anymore, where have worse loot and worse chance to loot too. At least in elite tindirin you can still find magma gears and elite golden dragonscale chests to sell for the profit, while not neccessary to use any ankhs.

Even now with a chance to get mythic pendant recipe from arena, it is still not a promising place to go with that miserable arcane drop rate -,-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qamr View Post
    If they make the game profitable you won't buy plat
    That's ridiculous. If they make gear worth farming for, I buy twice as much plat. Ankhs are ridiculously expensive to buy with gold, combo elixirs allow for luck stacking, and I am also a very strong believer of supporting development of a quality product.

The more people who want to run. the bigger the demand for ankhs and elixirs there are, and without plat farming, those who can afford to buy plat have a great plat to gold conversion ratio. It's a win/win situation.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-22-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

I do free deals. Buy ankh kits, sell them or keep them. Fyber is amazing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

hey Samhayne my fyber is not working when i open other shows loading offer butter i didntt show anything. I haven't done any offers yet and want to some what should i do

Sent from my SHV-E160S using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    After 200+ completed arena runs, I am done with the arena.

When STS said Fossils will drop here, I thought it was great. Sure it is tough, but at least you could legitimately work your way into a high value arcane item.

But now, with Fossils non-existent out of literally thousands of opened arena chests (from a bunch of players I know that have opened as many as I have), plus the fact that Vials are equally non-existent, STS couldn't have trolled us elite farmers any worse with the possibility of Nekro. I mean, what avid elite runner doesn't have the Nekro recipe?

So, other than deaths, what does the arena give you with any regularity? Epic trash and lots and lots of Shade, Noble and Architect gear. The worst trolling is this same junk Legendary popping out of arena chests.

Well done, the Arena looks great, but I won't be going back in...
    I don't have the necro recipe. Once I realized that (a) Necro was utter garbage and (b) Fossil was a huge troll, I decided it woud be more profitable to melt the parchemnts for 5k each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.
    Agreedddd ,nothing more to add ..