Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devs, More than enough, ban higher lvl sets in endgame PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rescind View Post
    I don't think gear should be class specific. It destroys the variety of weapons you can use. Also that would mean that each class would need to stick to the same weapons types like for bird would be talon+wing, xbow, and bow. Although pvp at lower lvls isn't like endgame, it feels nice killing people with my warbird.
    I think he means that gears should have stat boost when its equipped by a class that its made for. (In case of fox, it would be boosts from both dex and str)

Taking off the ability to use any gear in game, would make the game worse. This is the thing you cant do in many MMORPG games. Equip any gear you get. Thats one thing why we like PL so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Banning equipment in pvp is not the solution. People spend hours lvled up to 77 and spend several millions to get the best equipment. Hard work in games should indeed result in slight advantage, there's nothing wrong with the system itself.

The problem is str set's ridiculous power at endgame. Str set has no disadvantages, it has highest armor, high damage and crit + dodge. Str set should be the tanking set meaning high survivability at the cost of damage. Crit and damage should be lowered significantly for the 1h set to be the proper tanking set as it should be. I'd like to see 2h str set to get a dmg boost so it would be the proper dps bear's go to gear. STG rly needs to make gear class specific to counter the pallies, mages are supposed to be the dps and support class, not overall Godmode and eliminating the ability to equip other than own designated gear makes all classes viable, bears for tanking/dps, mages dps/support and birds dps.
    Class specific gear is not the solution of unbalanced PvP, then ppls would either changed to op class who can equip op gears and who cant, would complain more cause at least they had a chance with op gear.

Also PvP is the main reason that pvpers play not for hardcore pve or other things they did to achieve at last PvP matters.

At this moment fixing things to balance PvP is like making another small expention that either devs don't wanna do nor they will be successful to do.

Hence I propose to make higher level sets unequipable only in PvP. Higher lvl sets will be still viable for pve community that's bigger community base than PvP.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OPest View Post
    Class specific gear is not the solution of unbalanced PvP, then ppls would either changed to op class who can equip op gears and who cant, would complain more cause at least they had a chance with op gear.

Also PvP is the main reason that pvpers play not for hardcore pve or other things they did to achieve at last PvP matters.

At this moment fixing things to balance PvP is like making another small expention that either devs don't wanna do nor they will be successful to do.

Hence I propose to make higher level sets unequipable only in PvP. Higher lvl sets will be still viable for pve community that's bigger community base than PvP.
    PvPers are the first ones to cap and farm gear because the advantage can be seen clearly in PvP. PvPers are the fastest and most ambitious farmers of new lvls and gear because of it. Once again, punishing PvPers for their hard work to farm lvls and gear is just plain stupid.

Making gear class specific would make character roles viable and ease market values for every set. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, hybrid builds in mmos are garbage advantage seeking ways to play mmos anyways.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

lol figures STS deleted my post. I'm sorry that's how I honestly feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Selling Swift helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

PvPers are the first ones to cap and farm gear because the advantage can be seen clearly in PvP. PvPers are the fastest and most ambitious farmers of new lvls and gear because of it. Once again, punishing PvPers for their hard work to farm lvls and gear is just plain stupid.

Making gear class specific would make character roles viable and ease market values for every set. I don't see why this would be a bad thing, hybrid builds in mmos are garbage advantage seeking ways to play mmos anyways.
    But I like the look of ride pallies so your solution can't work.
    No actually I think class specific hear would make balancing way easier but I also like the chaos in PL to use all gear you want to...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Everyone seeks advantage, pvp-ers do it strongly ofc, no offense, that does not means some specific ppls should get advantage. It sounds like some higher lvl pvpers should be able to join any lower join, alibi will be - we have earned it, and we did hard work for it and we lvled up, that will be more foolish.

I just want to say that well balanced PvP is above all.

I did not say class specific gear is bad, I said class specific gear IS NOT THE SOLUTION. I'll give an example here that I tried to say in my last post - int mages are significantly underpowered than bears but in endgame we see pretty good no of mages in pally form. now if they can't equip str gear and still wanna play as mage (means int mage) guess what PvP will seem like more unbalanced as nearly 50% more player will start to complain, and that will be still justified. hence PvP balance comes first, in any point if devs find it difficult to balance things just due hybrid class than it would be a factor not now.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-12-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeatriceBentleyPL View Post
    Selling Swift helm
    You should put this in the traders market discussion or topic or whatever it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Everyone seeks advantage, pvp-ers do it strongly ofc, no offense, that does not means some specific ppls should get advantage. It sounds like some higher lvl pvpers should be able to join any lower join, alibi will be - we have earned it, and we did hard work for it and we lvled up, that will be more foolish.

I did not say class specific gear is bad, I said class specific gear IS NOT THE SOLUTION. I'll give an example here that I tried to say in my last post - int mages are significantly underpowered than bears but in endgame we see pretty good no of mages in pally form. now if they can't equip str gear and still wanna play as mage (means int mage) guess what PvP will seem like more unbalanced as nearly 50% more player will start to complain, and that will be still justified. hence PvP balance comes first, in any point if devs find it difficult to balance things just due hybrid class than it would be a factor not now.
    1. STR GEAR isn't OP. Pallies still have a hard time vs. GOOD int mages
    2. We are talking more about str bears. STR GEAR gives them exceptional dodge,armor,h/s,and even damage all the while their buffs already boost said stats.
    3. Bears get + damage,crit,dodge,and even armor from their buffs. in addtion they have debuffs that lower opponents damage,dodge,and hit all the while stunning said opponent.
    4. Bear fights are lameeeeee.
    ty!
    Last edited by iRandom; 10-12-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Apples have a hard core.
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRandom View Post
    2. We are talking more about str bears. STR GEAR gives them exceptional dodge,armor,h/s,and even damage all the while their buffs already boost said stats.
    3. Bears get + damage,crit,dodge,and even armor from their buffs. in addtion they have debuffs that lower opponents damage,dodge,and hit all the while stunning said opponent.
    ty!
    Please read carefully my post u quoted, infect please try to get what tried to say in this whole thread. I don't wanna explain things again and again.

Although I'll give just one example - I said str gear makes mages op, once in this thread I mentioned opness is all about perspective

A str mage has good chance against anything bird, bear, int mages, fox, rhino, now answer me a int mage has good chance against?
    And not atall this is absolutely not ONLY about str bears.
    There are lots of things that made endgame PvP unbalanced that's actually difficult for devs to address, hence my proposal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Please read carefully my post u quoted, infect please try to get what tried to say in this whole thread. I don't wanna explain things again and again.

Although I'll give just one example - I said str gear makes mages op, once in this thread I mentioned opness is all about perspective

A str mage has good chance against anything bird, bear, int mages, fox, rhino, now answer me a int mage has good chance against?
    And not atall this is absolutely not ONLY about str bears.
    There are lots of things that made endgame PvP unbalanced that's actually difficult for devs to address, hence my proposal.
    Waug i'm starting to like you lol, and dont even bother to explain that nub, he just want to look pro but he really doesnt know what is he talking about.
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Booked For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

u cant just nerf a class and expect that for all across the lvls (except for maybe bear)

Bear is op throughout the whole game...level 45 pvp is quite balanced although 45 ballista mage is a bit overpowered vs pure dex birds
    LETS ASSUME PURE SPEC!
    level 50 and up bears are pretty much most op class
    level 30-66 mages are pretty op...71 and up mages are underpowered (again,t his is int and not str! so no savage pally)
    level 1-45 birds are way underpowered...definitely boost
    level 71-77 birds are way overpowered vs int mages...

overall nerf bear throughout 56-77 in terms of dodge
    boost bird from 1-45...nerf bird a little bit (since bear will be nerfed) from 71-77
    nerf mage buffs from 30-66...remove dodge on humania int gear!...slight increase in mana for 71-77 sets...keep stuff same as when bear and bird are nerfed, mage should be on par

increase rhino damage, increase fox hp a bit.
    overall rhino and fox sucks and are poopy heads tho and no one reallly plays them as much as the main 3...k gg

Los Angeles, Korea. umm wait that seems a little off
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electrophiles View Post
    u cant just nerf a class and expect that for all across the lvls (except for maybe bear)

Bear is op throughout the whole game...level 45 pvp is quite balanced although 45 ballista mage is a bit overpowered vs pure dex birds
    LETS ASSUME PURE SPEC!
    level 50 and up bears are pretty much most op class
    level 30-66 mages are pretty op...71 and up mages are underpowered (again,t his is int and not str! so no savage pally)
    level 1-45 birds are way underpowered...definitely boost
    level 71-77 birds are way overpowered vs int mages...

overall nerf bear throughout 56-77 in terms of dodge
    boost bird from 1-45...nerf bird a little bit (since bear will be nerfed) from 71-77
    nerf mage buffs from 30-66...remove dodge on humania int gear!...slight increase in mana for 71-77 sets...keep stuff same as when bear and bird are nerfed, mage should be on par

increase rhino damage, increase fox hp a bit.
    overall rhino and fox sucks and are poopy heads tho and no one reallly plays them as much as the main 3...k gg
    Imo bears still dominate at 30. Bears at 30 use 6 cb so they take away more damage than the buffs(even rage). Although you see a lot of mages, bears are better in terms of 1v1 and ffas. At 40s all I see are plat pack bears. You see some plat pack mages too.
    Last edited by Rescind; 10-13-2014 at 03:42 AM.

FONDLING, CARESSED, GROPED, BUSTING, JIGGLING, CRUELAID

BOO!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

What's the reason to cap and get best gear if it doesn't reward you? in mmos hard work should always give u advantage.

I didn't say my solution is the only choice. Best thing for pvp would be a new stat which gives extra damage and armor in PvP and adding like lvl 75 PvP gear which can be purchased from a pvp vendor for like 1 mil for the whole set. That way pvp gear has better stats in pvp while regular gear has better stats in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by iRandom View Post
    ty!
    1 handed + shield str set should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be the go to set for str classes dps in a traditional mmo which PL is. Your whole argument is invalid.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

What's the reason to cap and get best gear if it doesn't reward you? in mmos hard work should always give u advantage.
    whoa, then y should bother about PvP balance, always one ultimate answer is ready make a op class and farm the op set, and ur done, no need for any balance.

Reward for hardcore players should be in other form, not make em overpowered in PvP that opponents can't get by doing that much hard work, this would be biased, and such biased MMO developers can be successful.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

whoa, then y should bother about PvP balance, always one ultimate answer is ready make a op class and farm the op set, and ur done, no need for any balance.

Reward for hardcore players should be in other form, not make em overpowered in PvP that opponents can't get by doing that much hard work, this would be biased, and such biased MMO developers can be successful.
    Congrats, u just learned the "hidden" secret of mmos. There's always a new "OP" class at end game which forces players to get that new class into endgame if they want the fotm (flavor of the month) class to use in pvp. This is widely used in mmos ever since Blizzard realized it's better to keep some classes rather OP so players will lvl up and farm the best gear for them rather than balancing everything so ppl would just stick with the one and same class. It's just good business.

And as harsh as it might sound mmos are developed in a way that hard work gets u advantages. It was and is the same with elite rings and lvl 77 sets. It encourages people to cap and farm in which they usually spend money and once again, just good business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Congrats, u just learned the "hidden" secret of mmos. There's always a new "OP" class at end game which forces players to get that new class into endgame if they want the fotm (flavor of the month) class to use in pvp. This is widely used in mmos ever since Blizzard realized it's better to keep some classes rather OP so players will lvl up and farm the best gear for them rather than balancing everything so ppl would just stick with the one and same class. It's just good business.

And as harsh as it might sound mmos are developed in a way that hard work gets u advantages. It was and is the same with elite rings and lvl 77 sets. It encourages people to cap and farm in which they usually spend money and once again, just good business.
    so basically in your opinion, now don't say - it's ONLY good business's perspective cause u kept saying, don't make me quote that, OP gears are there for good reasons and devs should not eliminate that any means. Gratz ur one of those who don't want balanced PvP. so there's no point of argue at the very first place.

Now PROPER balance of classes is not possible (I MEANT EXACT BALANCE), thus you just rotate a bit the point of view, you'll know that leaving specific class op, can also be non intentional, cause there were no other ways. you don't need to get to world of Warcraft, we also know in pl experience, ppls left the game for this unbalanced PvP, they didn't got stuck into op thingy-ish. Devs also know they tried also they understand better business not in PvP rather pve, pl's latest updates and al proved it.

It's for sure devs want to balance this out (PvP) but they're looking for the easiest way and to dis-satisfy all the ppls out there. I just tried to put the exact solution- *) pve community untouched *) lowest amount of work *) a proven way to balance a bit more.

Now if y would argue for the fact that ppls who alrdy earned it would complain to give it up, even it still would make sense, but u kept saying "it should" etc tbh I really don't see any validity in it.
    Last edited by Waug; 10-13-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I agree with this completely, but elite rings or no elite rings, lustrous or no lustrous, bears are still op, they do the same work as any other class to get to 75/6/7, but they have the huge advantage.

I didn't say my solution is the only choice. Best thing for pvp would be a new stat which gives extra damage and armor in PvP and adding like lvl 75 PvP gear which can be purchased from a pvp vendor for like 1 mil for the whole set. That way pvp gear has better stats in pvp while regular gear has better stats in pve.
    This is an interesting idea that sts should consider, also adding a plat option to buy it that would of course, naturally, be very expensive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Better make another new arena pvp, so we can choose which arena for playing.
    Read this, and plz suppoort..!!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-ARENA-PRO-PVP

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

so basically in your opinion, now don't say - it's ONLY good business's perspective cause u kept saying, don't make me quote that, OP gears are there for good reasons and devs should not eliminate that any means. Gratz ur one of those who don't want balanced PvP. so there's no point of argue at the very first place.

Now PROPER balance of classes is not possible (I MEANT EXACT BALANCE), thus you just rotate a bit the point of view, you'll know that leaving specific class op, can also be non intentional, cause there were no other ways. you don't need to get to world of Warcraft, we also know in pl experience, ppls left the game for this unbalanced PvP, they didn't got stuck into op thingy-ish. Devs also know they tried also they understand better business not in PvP rather pve, pl's latest updates and al proved it.

It's for sure devs want to balance this out (PvP) but they're looking for the easiest way and to dis-satisfy all the ppls out there. I just tried to put the exact solution- *) pve community untouched *) lowest amount of work *) a proven way to balance a bit more.

Now if y would argue for the fact that ppls who alrdy earned it would complain to give it up, even it still would make sense, but u kept saying "it should" etc tbh I really don't see any validity in it.
    I have no idea what u tried to say but just in case I just say u are wrong.