This is the computer equivalent of changing the picture size on your tv - you don't actually change the program information arriving at your tv you just optimise the size for your screen. Or resizing your "Word" window... you do not have to redownload Microsoft word each time you resize the window. Basically, using the instructions the way I have posted will not do anything which requires you to reinstall the app on chrome... I can flip between views as many times as I wish and it literally changes nothing except becoming exceedingly more beautiful :/ It seems others have also done this successfully without hiccups. Sooooo.. because of this being the case, I'm not really sure what has happened in your chrome; arguing about the cause is pointless anyway. Best I can suggest is clean history, uninstall all versions of chrome, run ccleaner, restart computer. Reinstall chrome and game. Thats literally as much advice as I will allow myself to give because I am not a diagnosis expert. There are some posts over in technical issues about chrome issues. Many many posts -.-"

Best of luck though hope you eventually have working chrome followed by awesome wide angle AL view ^_^