Thread: Option for Cycle attacks to different enemies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thumbs up Option for Cycle attacks to different enemies

So, ive been talking with other L77 users about this being an option. Konzite with those lousy tornados, it becomes a hassle trying to select the right enemy, or even trying to select the elite dragon with out walking into the center of the lava fountain or trying to select the dragon itself without selecting one of the minions. Not sure what this would look like, maybe for computer it could be the directional arrow, left and right to cycle from enemy to enemy. For mobile devices and tablets perhaps have a toggle option for this feature, toggle on it would show maybe two directional arrows on the top of the screen at either corner of the screen, < > like so. making it easier to reach with the persons thumbs.

Please add your input on this idea, I've already had several players comment stating it's a necessary addition to the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i dont find it a problem as i just press on the dragon on my smartphone. maybe i just did'nt understand the question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

anyways, its not a big problem walking out on the lava as i notice it right away and return 2 rhe corner(slayer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel like the arrows would get in the way.

See you in Pocket Legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Lets use red dragon slayer map as an example: when the dragon walks towards the line of attack where everyone is posted up, and all the minions surround the dragon for bears using beckon and stomp, they tend to crowd the dragon to a point where its sometime difficult to select the elite dragon. I often either miss the dragon while trying to select him and walk out into the open lava area and get killed, or I end up selecting a minion when I prefer focus my attacks on the dragon. Those who farm this map regularly can relate this this issue I'm sure, when time is a factor and the object is to clear the map as fast as possible. When you either cant select your target or miss entirely it lengthens the overall time it takes to clear the map to move on to the next one.
    Simply a suggestion I would like to see incorporated into the game somehow, and like I mentioned above, there would be a toggle option for those who don't have this issue. I have big fingers and I miss sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

if u kill every thing fast enough boss is only target left

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I understand what you mean. My auto is just in love with the wind at konzite and I don't even notice I'm wasting my time attacking it until the mob starts to die down...makes me feel like a bad team member for attacking the wind while the rest are trying to kill the boss/golems LOL

Maybe a button to move auto aim randomly onto another enemy would be nice...or at least randomize where the auto aims at, instead of it always aiming at wind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I always thought it would be part of the skills you need for this game to tap the enemy you want to attack instead of just hitting auto.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    I always thought it would be part of the skills you need for this game to tap the enemy you want to attack instead of just hitting auto.
    True I agree..but sometimes in slayer or konzite the mobs get too massive to really see what you're actually attacking so in my situation, I think I'm attacking whatever but it turns out I'm really attacking something else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Problems selecting priority targets

Quote Originally Posted by Giazagilur View Post
    I understand what you mean. My auto is just in love with the wind at konzite and I don't even notice I'm wasting my time attacking it until the mob starts to die down...makes me feel like a bad team member for attacking the wind while the rest are trying to kill the boss/golems LOL

Maybe a button to move auto aim randomly onto another enemy would be nice...or at least randomize where the auto aims at, instead of it always aiming at wind
    Quote Originally Posted by Giazagilur View Post
    True I agree..but sometimes in slayer or konzite the mobs get too massive to really see what you're actually attacking so in my situation, I think I'm attacking whatever but it turns out I'm really attacking something else
    This is exactly what I'm talking about, either on computer or mobile, my auto seems to be magnetized to those tornados, and its frustrating when I die bc I'm targeting the wrong enemy. Even for computer this happens, and i tend to loose my curser in the mob of enemies while trying to select the elite red dragon or trying not to select the nados in knozite.
    Last edited by Disobediant; 10-21-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well as pro players will tell you, its quicker to hit the auto-select while going after an enemy and then use your skills to cut em down, then trying to actually select the enemy by a thumb-tap. But when the auto attack 9/10 of time selects the worst possible thing to attack, it becomes an issue to those who know what needs to be attacked first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Disobediant View Post
    Well as pro players will tell you, its quicker to hit the auto-select while going after an enemy and then use your skills to cut em down, then trying to actually select the enemy by a thumb-tap. But when the auto attack 9/10 of time selects the worst possible thing to attack, it becomes an issue to those who know what needs to be attacked first.
    As the nooblette that I am I would always have guessed that you'd kill the most dangerous mobs first these vary most times enemy dps some times enemy healers. And I also would have guessed that those never stand in first line so if these professional players you mentioned just hit auto attack like some bot they always start with enemy melee allowing enemy dps to deal damage or healers to keep the attacked melee healthy. I think I was just wrong because I took 'just hitting auto' for a clear sign of the elixir addicted skill free newbie and not for something pro...
    Sorry about the rant but you really struck a nerve as 'just auto' is something I really grew to hate since I'm back cause this makes pve as slow and painful as it is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

As the nooblette that I am I would always have guessed that you'd kill the most dangerous mobs first these vary most times enemy dps some times enemy healers. And I also would have guessed that those never stand in first line so if these professional players you mentioned just hit auto attack like some bot they always start with enemy melee allowing enemy dps to deal damage or healers to keep the attacked melee healthy. I think I was just wrong because I took 'just hitting auto' for a clear sign of the elixir addicted skill free newbie and not for something pro...
    Sorry about the rant but you really struck a nerve as 'just auto' is something I really grew to hate since I'm back cause this makes pve as slow and painful as it is now.
    do you play pocket legends?? bc if you did, you'd know that when you select an attack, weather it be the actual auto attack button, which no one uses off hand, above in my previos post, im speaking of when you use a skill prior to selecting an enemy, when you tap one of your attack skills, the auto attack feature kicks in as well, surely you knew this right? so when u kill an enemy and move on to the next enemy and tap that skill one last time thinkin the previous had some more kick, it auto selects a random enemy for you...no matter if your facing a mini golem or its slightly off to the side of you, somehow by a magic means, or some form of sorcery, it impossibly decides to select and enemy BEHIND YOU for, haha, for what ever reason, its so impossibly incorrect that i cant imagine why stg would allow something so ridiculous to happen, i mean, when i go hunting and i shoot at a dear, my arrow doesn't somehow fly behind my back and go after the tree!!!!! NO!!!! it goes where i aim my bow. surely that doesnt happen to you, or maybe its just me..i prefer the auto attack and skill go after the enemy im facing, not behind me or 15-20meters away on the other side of the map!
    Last edited by Disobediant; 10-22-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I hate to be serious but here goes

do you play pocket legends??
    Yes quite a bit actually.

bc if you did, you'd know that when you select an attack, weather it be the actual auto attack button, which no one uses off hand,
    I doubt you know which buttons all PL players do and do not use.

above in my previos post, im speaking of when you use a skill prior to selecting an enemy, when you tap one of your attack skills, the auto attack feature kicks in as well, surely you knew this right?
    Now that you start patronizing me let us not be vague. For mages frostbite lightning firestorm ice storm trigger auto. On a side note I somehow find inconsistent that the aoe spell ice storm does while single target damage spell drain life does not. For birds - just out of memory as I haven't played a bird for 2 years - it is blast shot break armor repulse shot and blinding shot. I don't care about bears but I'd think all slashes and crushing blow trigger auto.

so when u kill an enemy and move on to the next enemy and tap that skill one last time thinkin the previous had some more kick, it auto selects a random enemy for you...
    The nearest mob when tapping the button should be selected. Your walking direction does not matter just the distance to the mobs.

no matter if your facing a mini golem or its slightly off to the side of you, somehow by a magic means, or some form of sorcery, it impossibly decides to select and enemy BEHIND YOU for, haha, for what ever reason, its so impossibly incorrect that i cant imagine why stg would allow something so ridiculous to happen,
    Again this magic sorcery is distance.

i mean, when i go hunting and i shoot at a dear, my arrow doesn't somehow fly behind my back and go after the tree!!!!! NO!!!! it goes where i aim my bow. surely that doesnt happen to you, or maybe its just me..
    I've been hunting with friends maybe 2 or 3 times and I didn't really like it. But anyway we used rifles. Reading that you go hunting with bow and arrow is actually a bit unsettling.

i prefer the auto attack and skill go after the enemy im facing, not behind me or 15-20meters away on the other side of the map!
    That's something I partly can relate to as I needed some getting used to the maximum distance that an attack locks on. We tested it but that was years ago so I don't know the correct number. I only remember that it is more than any weapon range so your 15 to 20 meters seem about right.
    But think of it this way the nearest mob was 15 meters away when you used the skill. So wouldn't have hit anyone no matter which direction.

To come to an end I don't support this feature suggestion for 3 reasons
    1 The problem is easily avoidable by tapping the mob you want to attack. If it's hard to tap the right mob you could zoom in get a device with a bigger screen or try using computer and mouse. I'd call the ability to directly interact with your surroundings by tapping a advantage of s touch based interface over traditional controller or button based interfaces.
    2 Only guessing that this wouldn't be easily implemented cause I suspect that only the coordinates of you and the mobs are used now. To additionally involve your walking direction I'd think they'd need to use vectors. I suspect in DL and AL this is done but I don't know how much the games share.
    3 More a general thing about all the feature suggestions of the last days or weeks. For me PL especially end game is so fundamentally broken that the only things I'd like to see developers spending time with are class and gear rebalance to make the game enjoyable again. To me AL seems to more of a place where such convenience features should be implemented as it is actively developed.

But anyway best of luck with it a feature that can be switched off wouldn't really hurt me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

no matter if your facing a mini golem or its slightly off to the side of you, somehow by a magic means, or some form of sorcery, it impossibly decides to select and enemy BEHIND YOU
    It seems to me that the auto target algorithm has a preference for targets already encountered over those not yet engaged. Maybe it's picking targets that have already targeted you or those that have taken some damage over those who haven't; I'm not really sure. But this is what's happening when your target suddenly locks on an unexpected target, often one behind you.

Also, you have to remember that the server is always at least a little bit behind in knowing where you are relative to where your client shows that you are. This means that the closest target as you perceive it can be different from what the server calculates when you hit the button. And it's the server's view of the world that wins. So when you've run past a target and think you're close enough to a different one ahead that it should be selected, the server is still some fraction of a second in the past, possibly far enough back in time to pick the one behind you. Add this to the apparent affinity for selecting targets already engaged as I said above, and you have the explanation for the odd targeting behavior of auto attacks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

yea, ive noticed several times while using mage or archer, that the attack seems to select an enemy from behind in konzite, this doesnt happen anywhere else, not even in elite slayer, but for the new ancient caverns area, it just happens too often, so I vote to have this fixed or to add a cycle enemy option for this problem, I know it can be done, something needs to be changed. If I have to start putting my back to lil golems to focus my attack on them I'm gonna quit playing.