Thread: Equipping my helmet does not add any stats. Bug?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Equipping my helmet does not add any stats. Bug?

I have respecced about ten times now, trying to find the best setup for my tank mage.

Anyways, long story short, I was trying to get 2 m/s via 60 int. Which works. Right at 60, you ding 2 m/s without gear on. Awesome, I thought! Just enough left over to do my 112 for Zombie gear. I figured 15 h/s and 3 m/s would be perfect.

The helm I've been using is Croc's Ursan Helmet. It is a great helmet for my spec, and it was available on the NPC in Forest Haven. Here are the stats - 1 STR, 1 M/S, 5 Armor, with requirements of level 20 and 62 STR.

When I select the item, before equipping it, it shows what my stats will be when equipped - the main focus being +1 m/s, for a total of 3. Remember the 60 INT for 2 m/s, right? Well...

It doesn't add anything. In fact, the helm does not add the 3rd M/S point, NOR does it add the 1 STR, NOR does it add +5 armor. It does nothing. The item was adding everything correctly, when equipped, when I was using a different spec with regards to STR/DEX/INT.

Why is the item not adding to my stats when equipped suddenly? I am able to equip other hats and receive the boosts. I can equip a Necromancer's Elven Helmet and gain another 1 H/S for a total of 16. Why is my Croc's Ursan Helmet essentially broken? Is my spec at the */S cap? Is there a */S cap?

Any info from devs, admins, mods, or even other players would be greatly appreciated.

I can post screen shots if I did not explain this in detail enough.

PS - If there is a different [but similar] hat that adds M/S and requires STR instead of INT, I'll give it a try instead, any info is helpful.

*edited for clarity*
    Last edited by Diz; 05-14-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just tried adding another point - hitting 61 INT with the helm equipped gave me M/S hit 3. Which is weird, as 60 INT on the dot gives you 2 base m/s. If the Croc's helm also gives a base of 1 m/s, this means that there are diminishing returns on a gradient scale for each stat. Because if 60 int gives 2 m/s, and the helm gives 1, that's 3. But apparently each m/s you add to it via itemization dilutes the base number? Right? Very confusing, we need a math expert to do some number crunching...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Edit: Nevermind my original post below. I just read your post more carefully, and saw that you are not getting the armor or Str either, which definitely sounds like a bug (as long as you meet the Str req. to wear the helm). Are you sure you are not switching to the croc's helm from one with a greater Str boost? If you have the Str to wear it initially, but then the change reduces your Str below the req. this is what you would see I believe.

A lot of this weird stuff goes on, and no one that is a liberty to say has ever revealed exactly how the calculations are done. For instance, you can see some items that will claim to alter a stat by +0 or -0 which obviously makes no sense. This is one of the reasons I am starting to think that M/s may not be limited to discrete values as I posted about here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-GRAPHS)/page3
    Last edited by Royce; 05-14-2010 at 05:15 PM.