Thread: Ping Theory (and it seems to be working).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default Ping Theory (and it seems to be working).

I've had enough with my ping lately, and I've been trying all sorts of stuff to try and remedy it.

First case:

I wanted to try and see which ran better, my Wifi or 3G (technically wifi does, but 3G wasn't as bad before). So I unplugged my Wifi router, and I used 3G only.

My ping was fine, 300-500 with occasional small spike up to 1k only. Much better vs the 20k I used to get. It was when I switched on my router again, it spiked up to 20k.

Second case:

It then got me thinking, maybe the wifi and 3G signals conflict each other or something? So I tried the same thing with the wifi. Switched wifi on, switched off 3G for my iPad (No cellular data), and viola, my ping was stable again. It was when I switched on my 3G from my ipad again that it began to spike.

So my theoretical solution is, that the 3G and Wifi signals somehow mess each other up. I know, its weird, I've never heard of this nor experienced this. A few months ago I used to have both running (wifi router and iPad 3G), and I still had stable ping.

So, my router is messed up maybe? What do you think?

Edit: It might just sound crazy, I know, but what do I have to lose? Lol. I really want to play PL again and especially sort it out before 1.7 comes.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 02-04-2011 at 01:59 AM.