Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: It's Halloween in Pocket Legends!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey PL'ers.

I know that it can be disappointing for veterans when game content is recycled rather than having new items/maps/bosses for every event. [...] For now, that is what is in our power to do, while still keeping to a realistic workload for our development team.
    Thank you for at least still holding events. I hope they monetize to your satisfaction for the time you put in them. With the free maps, i hope you will sell more plat than with a plat-per-play system.

I still think PL is a more matured game than AL. I don't think the quality of the game is what drove people away from PL, rather that the focus was on releasing new games over improving existing for too long a period. After that is was kind of too late in terms of the communities. Can you imagine that i'm still in a daily active hangouts group with my guild from SL, even though most of them haven't played an STS game in ages? Even communities that strong wander off eventually if they feel their game is abandoned.

On a sidenote: i see two halloween campaigns but one doesn't seem to have any levels and i miss the pumpkin king's lair. Or is that intentional to have open games only?
    Last edited by pizzaman; 10-28-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: truncation
    NachtElfje - mage / engi ~ BloedElfje - op / vampire

www.infiniteunion.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Oh well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

So, even well spoken, evenly criticized, well thought out posts can no longer belong on the forums? Please explain to me what the purpose of a "public forum" is when only "positive" posts can remain and posts with concern are deleted. This is NOT the same forums I joined. The STS community I joined was allowed to express frustrations/concerns, even if they were negative, and those were what helped evolve PL into what it is today.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I fail to see how the posts deleted were offensive in any way. Do you really think that deleting legitimate, well thought out posts is just going to make the problem go away? So typical, just evade the issue instead of confront it.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #85
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    So, even well spoken, evenly criticized, well thought out posts can no longer belong on the forums? Please explain to me what the purpose of a "public forum" is when only "positive" posts can remain and posts with concern are deleted. This is NOT the same forums I joined. The STS community I joined was allowed to express frustrations/concerns, even if they were negative, and those were what helped evolve PL into what it is today.
    Sorry, that was my doing. There was a lot of drama and angst in there, I just swooped through with a mass-delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    I fail to see how the posts deleted were offensive in any way. Do you really think that deleting legitimate, well thought out posts is just going to make the problem go away? So typical, just evade the issue instead of confront it.
    The issue is you want more PL content. We've told you that is not happening, so the posts are generally criticisms of our business decisions, which are not going to change things and generally degrade in to piling on and more drama.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-28-2014 at 05:13 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Then why did we get false hope of a pvp balance from Samhayne and the thought of a white dragon event when in reality it will never happen according to you guys?

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

If Sam says it may happen, then it may happen. Apologies for being grumpy about the whole thing. I love PL as much as you guys, and would love to see more stuff too, but the business does not allow very much, if any, bandwidth there. I know many of you don't like this, but it is what it is. I hope you guys do get some spooky fun out of the Halloween stuff regardless.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Sorry, that was my doing. There was a lot of drama and angst in there, I just swooped through with a mass-delete.

The issue is you want more PL content. We've told you that is not happening, so the posts are generally criticisms of our business decisions, which are not going to change things and generally degrade in to piling on and more drama.
    But when a moderator replies to our concerns using an example that the entire company has contradicted, how can we not reply to that?

And I don't think we want MORE content as much as simply balancing what we already have. If you are really going to abandon PL with BSM/AC as the final cap, the least you could do is take the numerous, well thought threads into consideration and provide us with an actual good campaign that is balanced and enjoyable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

If Sam says it may happen, then it may happen. Apologies for being grumpy about the whole thing. I love PL as much as you guys, and would love to see more stuff too, but the business does not allow very much, if any, bandwidth there. I know many of you don't like this, but it is what it is. I hope you guys do get some spooky fun out of the Halloween stuff regardless.

- g
    We love PL too that's why we are still playing.

But we all understand that AL has more customers than our game and we also realize why so many long time plat paying customers are leaving and will continue to leave our beloved game.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

More people may play AL than PL because everything in there is OP, beside FB.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

- g
    There seems to be a major issue here: STS staff is not on the same page. When the community receives conflicting information, players legitimately have no idea what to expect.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I am certain if a blanket "We are no longer putting resources into PL" we're made, you would see a lot less drama during updates and events. As the longest acting, and most loyal, community in STS land, I believe a definitive answer is deserved. We currently have players like Dolloway, who spent an enormous amount of time devising a way to bring harmony to an aspect of PL which has been lacking for some time, dedicating their time, and spending their money, for basically a lost hope. If "very much, if any, bandwidth" is being provided for PL, then the fear of players "moving on", to find a game which is alive and well, should not exist and allow for providing the community a more concrete way of deciding whether or not they continue to devote time, and resources, into a game that seems to be officially dead.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 10-28-2014 at 07:05 PM.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #92
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    There seems to be a major issue here: STS staff is not on the same page. When the community receives conflicting information, players legitimately have no idea what to expect.
    I've been off the Legends games for a long time and was speaking in generalities. Sam has the last word here, sorry for jumping in.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-28-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

We cannot just simply stay and watch how a game that some of us played for 3-4 years dies slowly.

Name:  26427_110420802308748_7123708_n.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  25.4 KB

Pocket Legends gave birth to other STS's games, how forget about it? Isn't like we are doing a lot of drama, we are actually looking forward to PL of what STS told us before, also forgot about how many awards gave PL.

Name:  31808_132322030118625_238976_n.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  44.0 KB Name:  Screenshot_2014-02-03-11-23-01.png
Views: 333
Size:  103.8 KB Name:  Screenshot_2014-02-03-11-34-20.png
Views: 315
Size:  100.3 KB Name:  Screenshot_2014-02-03-11-40-01.png
Views: 322
Size:  82.8 KB Name:  Screenshot_2014-02-03-11-41-08.png
Views: 297
Size:  85.8 KB

We used to have so much love and respect for Moderators and Devs, now we discuss about something we are trying to keep alive and we get those kind of rude responses.

Name:  539317_421158014568357_1625591426_n.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  47.7 KB Name:  477581_421608737856618_289058565_o.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  41.8 KB

So many people have been quitting for the lack of attention from STS, we waited so long to get a cap, but instead of that we just got one level..77 Name:  10155074_848003741883780_9130945737235671738_n.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  31.7 KB

after four years..Pocket Legends is dying, maybe not the best MMO but at least one of them, so many changed due that time, why make it die? I also remember that video from Cinco showing much efford to PL now we don't even get a decent reply for what we are asking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kQg...4aaBRAh4UmacrA

Name:  294514_282771045073722_692591863_n.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  32.3 KB

So many things changed...
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Booked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

We never said we wanted more PL content, all we asked for was a super small pvp balance, and atleast 10% effort on these seasonal events . Please dont delete my comment again, my posts have been deleted about 3 times now. I feel like i cant even post on forums anymore without someone deleting it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I've been off the Legends games for a long time and was speaking in generalities. Sam has the last word here, sorry for jumping in.
    Gary,

NO apology needed. One thing I have respected about you over the years is your ability to "keep it real." You have never leaned one way or the other, but always seem to chime in when it is needed. I allreciate the fact you are simply providing input, which again, it seems the community is lacking as of late. There seems to be a great deal of forum moderation lately and, again, in my personal opinion, would be cut down if someone from STS just simply laid it out there and not leave the community sitting on the edge of their seats waiting for "the next big thing" which probably isn't going to happen.

Again, your time is appreciated and I hope all is well.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I feel so reassured that at least sts takes into consideration our thoughts and ideas.
    Also awesome event and thanks for bringing back native x!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey PL'ers.

I know that it can be disappointing for veterans when game content is recycled rather than having new items/maps/bosses for every event. Trust us, we wish as much as you do that we could that we had the time and the manpower to crank out new stuff for Pocket Legends and the other games. Unfortunately, we do have to live within our limitations. We love you all, and love that you continue to enjoy Pocket Legends on a regular basis! Much like we've discussed on the topic of new expansions, we have a small team and a lot of games to maintain. We love Pocket Legends and all of its players, but we do have to consider the fact that the vast majority of our players are in Arcane Legends, so this is where much of our development time goes. We will continue to update Pocket Legends, bring back seasonal events (even if they are repeats of past years) and run weekend events whenever possible. For now, that is what is in our power to do, while still keeping to a realistic workload for our development team.

Thank you for your understanding,

Remiem
    It seems like whenever people complain this is the cookie cutter response

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Faq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    We never said we wanted more PL content, all we asked for was a super small pvp balance, and atleast 10% effort on these seasonal events . Please dont delete my comment again, my posts have been deleted about 3 times now. I feel like i cant even post on forums anymore without someone deleting it.
    yah ikr, and I still wanna cry over those hundreds I've wasted
    Iperf
    Proud Member Of <Restoration>

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehh so bad
    Last edited by -_^ BeaR -_^; 10-29-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

guys its over for PL, there wont be a pvp Balance or anything else anymore. its an old game and therers no reason to spend time into for stg. rather they make a new, better legends game.
    i have to accept it myself too. theres no game wich will last eternal. technologies getting better and players going mad for new stuff.
    if u still like PL as game, play it and have fun. if not just look for something else..
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post: