Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Problems with gear progression

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Problems with gear progression

STS wants us to play their game and spend our money so that everyone benefits. Them by profiting, and us by getting rewarding entertainment value for our dollar. I don't mind paying what I can when I can to support a game I enjoy and believe heavily in supporting other developers in what they do. I'll never be a plat whale, since I don't have the means for it, but have been a good, solid customer for almost 2 years.

Now, recently I made a thread here regarding the quality of the new gear being released, along with some other things. Here is the part of Samhayne's response relating to the gear standards:

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Also, we don't want to break the current itemization plan by simply buffing the Arena gear and then break the balance for Halloween and Winter gear. So, as I mentioned previously, it is what it is right now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Now, if you'll indulge me for a moment, I will show the stats of the new necroptic gear as compared to the mythics I am wearing currently, and have been wearing for well over a year (year and a half for the helm). I don't have mythics on my warrior because he's mostly retired, but I will compare to rogue and mage mythics.

I will grant that the new items are not gemmed, but that is only 8 damage difference to perfect. When compared with the huge drop, the problem doesn't change. You just have to look at the CS prices on these new "best" items to see how bad they are.

Necroptic helm

Rogue
    Name:  new-helm.png
Views: 1846
Size:  297.0 KB

Mage
    Name:  new-mage-helm.png
Views: 1827
Size:  295.5 KB

Necroptic armour

Rogue
    Name:  new-armour.png
Views: 1826
Size:  301.6 KB

Mage
    Name:  new-mage-armour.png
Views: 1819
Size:  296.8 KB

Now. It has been said before, and I will say it again. Itemization is a total failure the way it has been implemented. The developers have stated before that items are supposed to get better and better over time as a game evolved. I am not going to waste the time to find the quotes, but I recall them distinctly.

So, if the planar gear was made terrible on purpose, so as not to ruin the awesomeness of the halloween and winter gear, where is this supposed awesomeness? Why are we taking a drop of 20-30 damage over the gear we purchased at the 26 / 31 level caps? This does not encourage users to log in, run maps and spend money.

STS we implore you. PLEASE make the new gear BETTER than the old mythics. Give us a reason to play this game. I don't want to leave, or stop supporting you, and neither do any of these other players. But if you can't give us a decent quality product for our dollar, we will go and look elsewhere for someone who does. New gear is supposed to be better than old. Not worse than that we had 10-15 levels ago.

Please adjust your itemization stat calculations to account for the majority of players at end game. The majority that needs something new to farm for that they can actually use. This is not it.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-28-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

1st Hahaha....

I agree, I also think the itemization tactic was a failure seeing as the Planar loot is no where near worth the running cost and that the very old Mythic Armor is still the best! The only worthy thing to farm is weapons in Elites, I used to do the Arena for the chests but now I spend more money in the Arena then the chest would have been worth. In the events the Great Pumpkin chests are truly useless, even locks give a rare chance at good items and are meant for the whales to swallow in the hundreds.

I wonder if STS has actually anything big planned for Christmas or even next expansion because TBH I enjoyed Ursoth's Assault over Halloween.
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 10-26-2014 at 08:44 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SacredKnight For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

It's been in my mind as well.

Why don't we get better gears and have to rely and be stuck on these that we've had since the earlier seasons?
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    STS wants us to play their game and spend our money so that everyone benefits. Them by profiting, and us by getting rewarding entertainment value for our dollar. I don't mind paying what I can when I can to support a game I enjoy and believe heavily in supporting other developers in what they do. I'll never be a plat whale, since I don't have the means for it, but have been a good, solid customer for almost 2 years.

Now, recently I made a thread here regarding the quality of the new gear being released, along with some other things. Here is the part of Samhayne's response relating to the gear standards:

Now, if you'll indulge me for a moment, I will show the stats of the new necroptic gear as compared to the mythics I am wearing currently, and have been wearing for well over a year (year and a half for the helm). I don't have mythics on my warrior because he's mostly retired, but I will compare to rogue and mage mythics.

I will grant that the new items are not gemmed, but that is only 8 damage difference to perfect. When compared with the huge drop, the problem doesn't change. You just have to look at the CS prices on these new "best" items to see how bad they are.

Necroptic helm

Rogue
    Name:  new-helm.png
Views: 1846
Size:  297.0 KB

Mage
    Name:  new-mage-helm.png
Views: 1827
Size:  295.5 KB

Necroptic armour

Rogue
    Name:  new-armour.png
Views: 1826
Size:  301.6 KB

Mage
    Name:  new-mage-armour.png
Views: 1819
Size:  296.8 KB

Now. It has been said before, and I will say it again. Itemization is a total failure the way it has been implemented. The developers have stated before that items are supposed to get better and better over time as a game evolved. I am not going to waste the time to find the quotes, but I recall them distinctly.

So, if the planar gear was made terrible on purpose, so as not to ruin the awesomeness of the halloween and winter gear, where is this supposed awesomeness? Why are we taking a drop of 20-30 damage over the gear we purchased at the 26 / 31 level caps? This does not encourage users to log in, run maps and spend money.

STS we implore you. PLEASE make the new gear BETTER than the old mythics. Give us a reason to play this game. I don't want to leave, or stop supporting you, and neither do any of these other players. But if you can't give us a decent quality product for our dollar, we will go and look elsewhere for someone who does. New gear is supposed to be better than old. Not worse than that we had 10-15 levels ago.

Please adjust your itemization stat calculations to account for the majority of players at end game. The majority that needs something new to farm for that they can actually use. This is not it.
    I totally agree!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

+1.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What about those who recently bought mythic armor and upgraded etc.
    Wouldn't they feel discouraged to go on right after purchasing the "best" gear for millions to see it has been replaced right after by legendaries?

Make differences in them don't totally make the legendary better than mythics in all ways just in some so both will have their let's call it "spark"
    Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana
    Legendary= More HP + Armor stat

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Awesomazing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

L
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomazing View Post
    Wouldn't they feel discouraged to go on right after purchasing the "best" gear for millions to see it has been replaced right after by legendaries?

Make differences in them don't totally make the legendary better than mythics in all ways just in some so both will have their let's call it "spark"
    Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana
    The current mythic gear came out in S3/4, it's now S7. Don't you think it's been long enough for us to see better gear? We get new mythic/arcane weapons EVERY season, heck we have 2 lvl 36 myth wep types, and 2 lvl 41 types. The fact that there's one undisputed best armor for MANY seasons is ridiculous.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana
    That's not even the point. As a game progresses, gear is supposed to get better, not worse. Did you hear people complaining they spent 20 million on mythic daggers when the mythic bow came out? No. They were happy there was something cool, new and better.

Where do you see legendary giving more hp? Nowhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Example:

Mythic = More DMG + Mana
    Is mythic gear even a million anymore? Last I checked, it costs 1m-2m tops. In today's economy, that is not even a serious amount of gold. Really, it is the required amount of gold for players to even consider taking you on elite runs, PvP teams, etc.

Serancha is right. The mythic gear is a reason why players are bored. However, I do not think that the new necroptic gear should be better than mythics. Why? It is seasonal and will only provide an economy boost for the duration of the event. STG needs to release gear with the new tombs that is considerably better than mythics as well as replace the existing mythic set. So yes, I am hinting at two new sets of gear. Why? One set will still dry out the economy fast - within a few months actually. Having two tiers of gear will keep players entertained for some time to come. However, please do ensure that there is not a jaw dropping difference between tier 1 and tier 2. It should be enough to make players go for it but not enough that tier 2 geared players are outclassed by tier 1 geared players.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    L

The current mythic gear came out in S3/4, it's now S7. Don't you think it's been long enough for us to see better gear? We get new mythic/arcane weapons EVERY season, heck we have 2 lvl 36 myth wep types, and 2 lvl 41 types. The fact that there's one undisputed best armor for MANY seasons is ridiculous.
    True but they should not just leave it with us to liquidate for 0 gold.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Awesomazing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That's not even the point. As a game progresses, gear is supposed to get better, not worse. Did you hear people complaining they spent 20 million on mythic daggers when the mythic bow came out? No. They were happy there was something cool, new and better.

Where do you see legendary giving more hp? Nowhere.
    It was just an example to show that new gears would not just beat all others in every way but each but have their individual specialty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

It was just an example to show that new gears would not just beat all others in every way but each but have their individual specialty.
    New gear should be better than the old gear in all ways by now. The old mythics are 3-4 seasons old

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Rich people problems. People that already have the newest mythic weapons complaining why they can't get better armors.

Maybe getting the newest and greatest weapons and rings was too easy for some of you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Is mythic gear even a million anymore? Last I checked, it costs 1m-2m tops. In today's economy, that is not even a serious amount of gold. Really, it is the required amount of gold for players to even consider taking you on elite runs, PvP teams, etc.

Serancha is right. The mythic gear is a reason why players are bored. However, I do not think that the new necroptic gear should be better than mythics. Why? It is seasonal and will only provide an economy boost for the duration of the event. STG needs to release gear with the new tombs that is considerably better than mythics as well as replace the existing mythic set. So yes, I am hinting at two new sets of gear. Why? One set will still dry out the economy fast - within a few months actually. Having two tiers of gear will keep players entertained for some time to come. However, please do ensure that there is not a jaw dropping difference between tier 1 and tier 2. It should be enough to make players go for it but not enough that tier 2 geared players are outclassed by tier 1 geared players.
    You have a way of putting across a message I must commend you on that and the way you sent this message I agree with you whole heatedly, don't just have one set that's the best in the whole game, but at the same time don't let those who have mythic that is not tradeable just liquidate for 0 golds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

New gear should be better than the old gear in all ways by now. The old mythics are 3-4 seasons old
    I'm not only speaking now of old mythics, I'm speaking that in the event of new gears that are supposed to out do older ones, should not just be better in every single way than every other armour, look at what Zeus said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Samhayne said they released the planar gear as it was so as not to "ruin the itemization with the event items". So they seemingly don't consider game-farmable gear any different than event gear. I want to know why we should be paying 5 plat a run for a chance at this junk.

If the planar arena gear is supposed to be complimented by the planar tombs gear, I highly doubt it will be any better than this.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-26-2014 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm not only speaking now of old mythics, I'm speaking that in the event of new gears that are supposed to out do older ones, should not just be better in every single way than every other armour, look at what Zeus said.
    I think you're misunderstanding, man. Your logic is definitely sound for any gear released closely to when mythic gear was released but that time has passed now.

Because the mythics have lasted several seasons, by now they should be completely outclassed, no? However, this isn't a bad thing. I get your point of view and I know how hard people worked to save up for these mythics. Here's the thing though...with new gear out that can be farmed, now you have a reliable income source that brings in serious gold. So, earning those millions again? It's much easier than when you had to earn those millions for mythics. Why? The economy isn't dead because there's always some product that people want to buy that is not limited to just arcane and mythic items (which are also becoming increasingly difficult to sell).

Make sense? I respect your opinion but I am just trying to show you the logic in mine and hope it changes your mind.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Samhayne said they released the planar gear as it was so as not to "ruin the itemization with the event items". So they seemingly don't consider game-farmable gear any different than event gear.
    True. It does seem like there's some miscommunication going on. Which gear is the gear that will finally be better than mythics? As players, I think that's what many people want to know.

We've been anxiously waiting so please give something other than just a mythic amulet!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think you're misunderstanding, man. Your logic is definitely sound for any gear released closely to when mythic gear was released but that time has passed now.

Because the mythics have lasted several seasons, by now they should be completely outclassed, no? However, this isn't a bad thing. I get your point of view and I know how hard people worked to save up for these mythics. Here's the thing though...with new gear out that can be farmed, now you have a reliable income source that brings in serious gold. So, earning those millions again? It's much easier than when you had to earn those millions for mythics. Why? The economy isn't dead because there's always some product that people want to buy that is not limited to just arcane and mythic items (which are also becoming increasingly difficult to sell).

Make sense? I respect your opinion but I am just trying to show you the logic in mine and hope it changes your mind.
    Does make sense I have no problem with farmable items and I'm glad to see you understand what I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just don't want to have mythic gear that is not tradeable and was expensive, its hard for us who don't have millions all the time.

Kinda off topic but what about letting mythic armor be upgradeable to lvl 41?