Thread: Intro into being a committed player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default Intro into being a committed player

Hello guys! I'm pretty much brand new to these forums. Everything I know about AL is self taught. A friend told me I should keep doing Brackenridge (or however u spell it) whenever I got a luck elixer so I sold enough locks then bought a lepre and that's pretty much just how I get by- but the point of my telling you guys that is just any suggestions... I see people with an absurd amount of everything and I'd just like advice from experienced players on what I should be doing next. ty

IGN:CheifR
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Step 1: Obtain Locks
    Step 2: Buy Platinum
    Step 3: Open Locks

If you do this... a lot of this... and even more of this... You'll be roaming around with an 'absurd amount of everything'.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post

If you do this... a lot of this... and even more of this... You'll be roaming around with an 'absurd amount of everything'.
    Hmm should I do the survey things? On average how many locks would I have to open to get at least one mythic (I've only ever opened one in my AL lifetime)
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    Hmm should I do the survey things? On average how many locks would I have to open to get at least one mythic (I've only ever opened one in my AL lifetime)
    I'd say 50-75 locks for a mythic on a GOOD DAY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I'd say 50-75 locks for a mythic on a GOOD DAY.
    Wow.... Lol guess I might have to stick with hunting then selling them til I get the money to progress more xD
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

do try to reach lvl cap first btw i dunno ur toons lvls..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wassap007 View Post
    do try to reach lvl cap first btw i dunno ur toons lvls..
    Just lvl 38 ATM
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

You forget the 4th step!

Step 4: Forget about being able to afford basic commodities, if you wish to be really professional at AL one must pour all their money and wealth into it to earn a 6million virtual gold arcane egg drop after spending a meager 10,000 real dollars :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

You guys totally scaring off the new member here. Sheesh. Okay yes enjoy the game the first time you roll through. Do all of the quests and dailies that you can. Enjoy Arlor and the game for what it is, join a guild and make friends! Yes your first purchase of a lep amulet is smart you equip it to farm locked and at any boss encounters for a better chance at loot. You can also grind in the watcher tombs or kraag tombs for quicker leveling.

Keep upgrading your armor with minimal amounts of gold for pinks, you will upgrade about every 8-10 levels from things you find in the consignment shops.

As far as acquiring the best items in the game, that happens way after you cap and you can choose to either spend (1) time or (2) money to get these things.

It's a great game but becomes complex once you start to compare what items people have equipped. The best part of this place is the people and community and we welcome you to Arlor.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    You guys totally scaring off the new member here. Sheesh. Okay yes enjoy the game the first time you roll through. Do all of the quests and dailies that you can. Enjoy Arlor and the game for what it is, join a guild and make friends! Yes your first purchase of a lep amulet is smart you equip it to farm locked and at any boss encounters for a better chance at loot. You can also grind in the watcher tombs or kraag tombs for quicker leveling.

Keep upgrading your armor with minimal amounts of gold for pinks, you will upgrade about every 8-10 levels from things you find in the consignment shops.

As far as acquiring the best items in the game, that happens way after you cap and you can choose to either spend (1) time or (2) money to get these things.

It's a great game but becomes complex once you start to compare what items people have equipped. The best part of this place is the people and community and we welcome you to Arlor.
    I mean he needs to know the truth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Do as Candy says!
    Remember that this is a game, so try to have fun. Don't spend too much time stressing over having the best gear and how much gold you have.
    I noticed that when I sit and look at how much gold I have (or don't have for that matter) it goes up very very slowly, but when I don't pay attention and I just play and have fun before I know it the amount has gone up and I can buy new gear or pets or whatever.
    But if you are totally set on becoming loaded asap, then farm, farm, farm. Merch, merch merch. repeat, repeat, repeat. Or spend real money on plat. (I don't find this method to be very fun)
    Well, have fun!
    <Trinity Knights>

Xxxbang

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Clickbangboom For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Ty guys I'll try my best to make it as far as possible without going broke lol
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

scarying people is wat we do! xD juz kidding, welcome to al cheifR

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wassap007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

IF YOU HAVE LOADS OF TIME. I suggest DO NOT BUY PLATS.(if ur not rushing things up). just farm crates or do end game farms. gather gold as much as u can and merch items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. The Following User Says Thank You to menos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

The best time in the game is starting out as a nab. Trust me it's an awesome game enjoy every step. Make some friends, the gold will come after you cap and decide which route to take. Don't beg, be hard working and helpful and you will go far here.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The best time in the game is starting out as a nab. Trust me it's an awesome game enjoy every step. Make some friends, the gold will come after you cap and decide which route to take. Don't beg, be hard working and helpful and you will go far here.
    yes, i agree . in any game the fun is being a new player and exploring things, make new frenz, learn tricks from experience players. when u are considered a long-time player u will enjoy making jokes out of the silly things u did when u were new

23. The Following User Says Thank You to wassap007 For This Useful Post: