Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Based on my observation!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default Based on my observation!.

In this past few days. I noticed that almost all the players are looking for rouge and mage in running the hallow event. I just want to pour out my frustations on this matter. As I can see war classes are struggling just to get to gold tier. At the end I go with pug and if not most of the time they left or we have given up because at the end of the line they saw Para and like saying "OMG" and some just leave. This event shouldnt left one class outside waiting for someone to invite. I'm just saying that this event should be balance like saying in every runs there should have been 1 warrior on the party so that all can achieve the awesome plat tier or can just run without being ignored. Feel free to comment but avoid unnecessary words to hurt my feelings more than its already has.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shimada For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Lol half of the warriors can get one hitted by para's spikes so actually only arcane warriors have a shot here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I can now dodge para spikes as well as i can dodge wrenchs now.
    I think its timing bro. Just tell everyone to wait, make a plan, and decide who guards before you start the battle (hopefully they all speak a similiar language).
    But youre absolutely right, the boss needs a tell tale sign for when he's about to use his spikes so warriors can atleast maneuver to a different, presumably safer position. I usually guess when he's about to use his spikes and charge horn of renew.
    Best of luck to you!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taocasabo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

But on the other side. My other two toons which is mage and rouge are doing great! which I personally thank Ava and ard and some of my mates helping. I'm sorry for this thread I created. ik some of the warriors are experiencing this scenario. This is not about me complaining with my guildies as I can understand all of us want to achieve that awesome plat tier. All I can say is that in the next event hopefully sts will create an event wherein every other class needs each other like what we are doing in elite runs, thus all of us can have the fun in playing. Speaking for all the warrior class as per say.
    Last edited by Shimada; 11-01-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Its all about luck, warrior or no warrior you still die because spikes spawn more than you can heal.
    No matter how skilled or geared you are, the para boss can still one hit you and that is a really stupid concept for a boss if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pvpftw View Post
    Lol half of the warriors can get one hitted by para's spikes so actually only arcane warriors have a shot here.
    Arcane warriors still 1 hit, even arcane ring, maul, singe..
    still.. still... Paracelsus the OP boss but interested challenger in event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I have plat tiers on my rogue and mage. Well my warrior? Only 2200 point!!
    I understand what Op is trying to say!!
    When i fight para all rogues mages, its super fast. Sadly i can't say it when we are all warriors!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

You can hit me up in the game at anytime for runs. We almost always have an open spot and we are running leader board, and have been gladly taking along warriors or pretty much anyone who needs lengthy runs to achieve plat or a banner. My IGN is the same as forum name, see you in Arlor.

Para is a tough map and it's frustrating for everyone for sure. I think people leave out the warrior because it takes a little longer to kill the boss which means more death. But really I don't mind helping out if you can keep running for a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Hello Shimada,

I managed to reach platinum tier on both my toons during this event. And fought almost exclusively Para on my second one as I started later on it and many people in my guild were plat already. Based on this on my experiences during this time I have to say that I disagree that a warrior has less value in a para pt. On the contrary, my favourite pt breakdown is 3 rogues and 1 warrior. A good war is invaluable to taunt the skeleton spawn, so the rogues can kill them fast and without getting stunned. In fact the presence of a warrior is the only way to ensure that nobody dies during the fight. Maybe the only exception here is at truly max gear.

Ofc maybe just my guild is great and the warriors in it are great :-P

Kind regards,
    Azek :-)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm happy to run Wars but I play rouge and mage and can kill Para by myself if need be so long as I have a decent guard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

This isnt a class inbalance problem.. more of a need a better team problem
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyonw fets one hit by para spikes and u need rouges and wars and mages all to defeat him think abt those relentless mobs cming and noone to tank them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    This isnt a class inbalance problem.. more of a need a better team problem
    It is actually a class issue. We have brought it up many times and the devs deny it repeatedly, but when there is a warrior present, the mobs are way harder. The closest we can figure is that the mobs / bosses have higher hp, but they also hit harder. I also notice paracelsus seems to hit faster when a warrior is there for some reason.

This has got to be a bug of some sort, but it won't be fixed until the devs become willing to look into it.

We did a little experiment with Twoc's warrior and 3 ring rogues. We ran with him fully geared with arcane ring, mythics and bonesaw. Then every few runs he lowered his gear quality until he was totally naked. The results? The runs got faster and faster and those with him naked were the fastest of all. Almost like being a rogue trio with no fourth at all. Then he got fully geared again and the difficulty shot back up.

Now, this won't work if the team is a duo or the dps players can't handle a boss easily on their own, but it was a very interesting thing to witness for sure.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Not exactly...for your information, arcane ring tanks die, like any other tank, on those spikes..1 hit!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pedgon View Post
    Not exactly...for your information, arcane ring tanks die, like any other tank, on those spikes..1 hit!
    I believe some don't bulwark, arcane ring, anc will gear, wild talisman of will. Those should be able to survive or is that just me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taocasabo View Post
    I can now dodge para spikes as well as i can dodge wrenchs now.
    I think its timing bro. Just tell everyone to wait, make a plan, and decide who guards before you start the battle (hopefully they all speak a similiar language).
    But youre absolutely right, the boss needs a tell tale sign for when he's about to use his spikes so warriors can atleast maneuver to a different, presumably safer position. I usually guess when he's about to use his spikes and charge horn of renew.
    Best of luck to you!
    Spikes chances and a place are totally random! Yes, you can dodge, but there's always a lot of luck on it..just that! When he pulls and stuns us (snares also), there's nothing you can do, honestly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I believe some don't bulwark, arcane ring, anc will gear, wild talisman of will. Those should be able to survive or is that just me?
    Sorry buddy, but you're wrong, those spikes are like "banish" from samael/grimm..it's instant death, if u step on of those! I saw +10000 crit on me (1 spike)...

..and i'm usng bulwark..amost 2500 armor 7600 hp, with jugger on..so think..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

The best method i have found to avoid spike death from para (this works for all classes)
    Never stop moving

even as a warrior if you run small counterclockwise circles while attacking most times you can kill para without ever dieing once

I have noticed that the spikes spawn where u are standing, so if you never stop moving you have just enough time to evade the spikes

This works about 90-95% of the time....for ALL classes

Regardless this doesnt change the fact that warriors are in very low demand for pve nowadays, while compared to other classes.
    Part of this could be that im pretty sure there are as many warriors in game as both of the other 2 classes combined.
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 11-01-2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    The best method i have found to avoid spike death from para (this works for all classes)
    Never stop moving

even as a warrior if you run small counterclockwise circles while attacking most times you can kill para without ever dieing once

I have noticed that the spikes spawn where u are standing, so if you never stop moving you have just enough time to evade the spikes

This works about 90-95% of the time....for ALL classes

Regardless this doesnt change the fact that warriors are in very low demand for pve nowadays, while compared to other classes.
    Part of this could be that im pretty sure there are as many warriors in game as both of the other 2 classes combined.
    I second this statement
    *thumb's up*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Try lvl 3 lol tank does solo parcelus in 2-3 min and blue spikes only make HP to 60% best way IF u just want reach to the new gem.