Thread: Respect

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Lightbulb Respect

Hey there folks!

while hoping that devs look at my perks suggestion for improving the abilities in the long range I have a suggestion to improve the incentives for completing quests!
    Some people said that there is no goal in completeing quests, so I propose a system of respect. Each town will have its own respect toward each char you have created. All townes will have a neutral approach at first, as soon as you complete quests for that towne you will gain respect points. When a certain number of points have been gathered you will raise your towne respect. The levels of respect may be 3 (or even more depending on how many quests there are in certain towne of how diversified the bonuses you want to be) and each of these may yield some good bonuses:

- Neutral: The respect you begin with. No bonuses
    - Liked: All shoppers will give you a discount of 20% on all their items and the future ones (may add stuff for crafting, but since I don't know much about how crafting pieces are handled I can't say anything specific here, in general anyway the inventory of shoppers will improves to sell, maximum, purple items).
    - Idolatrized: All shoppers will give you access to purchase of pinks that drops in the campaign range (only normal ones, not the very rare ones like sublessed sword), plus may be selling some drops for crafting for making special armour/weapons/shields and some "pink" recipes for crafting

On the same line there could be some "negative" respect if you do something that that towne may dislike, but I don't know how that would happen (Maybe some ideas here may be good to create a BAD/EVIL char maybe?)

Suggestion delivered!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmmm it has potential however i just prefer the quests to give xp ( large amounts for big quests eg pelts quest 1000xp).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just think you should need to do the regular quests In order to do any daily quests (assuming they're adding daily quests for maps other than the sewers).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I like the evil idea fighting against bears mages and archers with skills but not real players and you have to fight awsome hero bosses but evil are stronger since they have to fight as if pvp but they can't fight with Heros on pvp or pve but can be in town together...... Also there will be new classes instead of bear how about evil wolves
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

In WoW I think one way to gain reputation was kill mobs around that area or so was it?

I see your point though, good idea, but I'm still not a big fan of just reputation. But if they give us some glow or something when in that town, maybe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Blue/yellow/white for good red/purple/black evil
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Actually I'd like to join the bad guys In general I like to be able to create a good or evil character, and having advantages to join one and disadvantages at the same time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Disadvantage f being evil it's tougher but you get wicked items and a hero have less power nice it's easy but heros can gang up since it's what they always do
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Another good addition to Evil/good chars is to be hunted down by the other side bounty hunters. Regulators hunting down evil chars and skull mercenaries hunting down good chars