Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Enchantress - 1.7...Plans to Respec?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

What does the purple orbs do? And holy hell, without pot. I swear that could have hit 5 digit then. I hit 790 without buff on a zombie today farming for Crafting drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Purple orbs double damage, and they stack with pots and Breath of Might. I can only assume that damage in excess of 2k is possible.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadM View Post
    What we need is more cowbell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is drain life useful in PvE?
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find it useful. I use it like a panic button when I'm getting swarmed by mobs. Since I only have 400 hit points, a single casting usually heals me to full...and the mob I cast it on is usually dead. The 12 second cool time does limit its usefulness a bit, though.
    IGN: Tsarra (Enchantress/Pure Mage - Lv. 52) | Eliysium (Bird/Pure Dex - Lv. 30) | BirdLipsMcGee (PvP Noob/Dark Forest Farmer Extraordinaire - Lv. 10) | TiniestTim (Platinum PvP Farmbear - Lv. 1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Agreed. As pure int - you need options. I guess it would be unbalanced if it had a fast respawn lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, huh? You can't win 'em all.

I'm thinking about those next 5 (or 6?) skill points. I should probably get the debuffs maxed out, and then think about getting Mana Shield back to 3 at least; before, though, I had it as a supplement to Breath of Life, since combined they gave me a 40 point armor bonus. It may not be as vital anymore. Maybe I'll split some points across the ice skills. I haven't missed Frostbite since the respec, so I don't know if I'm putting any points back into it. There were more efficient spells for the money, it seemed. Ice ramps damage pitifully in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I solo a lot, so Blessing of Vitality is mandatory for me at max level. The armor buff is significant. If you are always grouped, though, it shouldn't matter.

The jury is still out for me on Ice Storm vs. Frost Bite vs. neither. I'm generally not impressed with either spell, and I opted for the Ice Storm route because I can combo it with Firestorm. Again, since I solo a lot, having an AoE damage spell was more important to me than a single target spell like Frost Bite, regardless of the damage output on it. Granted, Frost Bite would have been nice when I had the Apep Sunkiller Staff, but those days are behind me on this character. I was also mitigating mana drain at the time I made that decision...that is no longer an issue with 24 M/s. The full cost of any one spell is back in my pool pretty much immediately.

There is no wrong logic on this thread...that's why I made it. I wanted to get different points of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarra View Post
    I find it useful. I use it like a panic button when I'm getting swarmed by mobs. Since I only have 400 hit points, a single casting usually heals me to full...and the mob I cast it on is usually dead. The 12 second cool time does limit its usefulness a bit, though.
    thanks! i'll get a level of it tonight
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I was dual specced with a full rift set and was missing how much damage I would do as pure int. So I got a keepers cosmo set back and respecced, man drain life as lvl 6 is a ton of damage.

BUT... I went into the sewers, roach hotel... and good god do I die fast, even with my armor buff(6) and mana shield(1) on. I suppose the days of being able to tank as a pure int mage are over, lol. It's probably how it should be though, because running around in AO3 with swarms of mobs on you as a pure int is not really balanced.

It did make me think I might go back to dual spec though, and just switch between the sets (have to get the equip still for dual spec INT).

I just couldn't believe how fast I was taking damage, haha.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Question, when was the dodge debuff moved from weakness to nightmare?
    Either a couple seconds or 20 seconds. I know certain debuffs last 20 seconds and others last just a couple.

I'm keeping my current build, except I am bumping up a few spells to 6.