Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Impressive event STG!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Impressive event STG!

Hi. I would like to thank you STG for the Halloween Event that just closed it's portal to bosses. I have to recognize I was a little negative about the Platinum Tier, just because I thinked I gonna need loads of "platinum" to reach it, but STG showed me that I was wrong!
    This event I got Platinum Tier 3 days before it finished, and the best thing is that I didn't spent a penny on energy, farming Watchers Tomb 4 was enough to get platinum tier so STS just offered us the opportunity to loot a mythic gem that is very useful and stylish, also for our so loved tanks that don't care about DMG can get a profit of 2.000.000 gold. ( Buy mythic blood ruby of shuyal, gem it, sell for 2 millions more). Also the token purchaseable limited edition Halloween vanities were just awesome, 3x times cooler than elondrian ones. Grimm availability with event tokens was a nice move showing players AL is not so pay-to-win afterall, Necropolis design was awesome, bosses were very well made (paracelsus was nice, farmed him for tokens and points.) I've been very impressed of the quality of event STG offered us, see how if you want, you can?

What could I say... Just thanks!

Let me know how this event was for you or if you think STG did a great job as I think. :-)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amadorbibidor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

This event was great for me too!

Former ign: Hunterthunde
    Current ign: Ectogenesis

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Totally agree. Got plat tier twice and a bunch of goodies with out spending a cent and once I sell all my crafted stuffs my bank account will have finally recovered from upgrade weekend and then some.
    Despite server issue which honestly had to be expected I give big kudos and thanks STS for making my first event here in Arlor a great one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iahwahska View Post
    Totally agree. Got plat tier twice and a bunch of goodies with out spending a cent and once I sell all my crafted stuffs my bank account will have finally recovered from upgrade weekend and then some.
    Despite server issue which honestly had to be expected I give big kudos and thanks STS for making my first event here in Arlor a great one.
    If this is your first event then you assisted to best event AL ever had (opinion of lots of people). Elondrian and Goblin Assault events are a lame compared with what you just experimented.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    If this is your first event then you assisted to best event AL ever had (opinion of lots of people). Elondrian and Goblin Assault events are a lame compared with what you just experimented.
    Tarlok event was best event ever. 4 platinum for guaranteed final boss rather than 5 plat. per run in this event in which half of the time it was drakeula. New gear that became the best for many twink brackets. Plus, by running pve maps portals would spawn that cost nothing to enter. This is how all events should be. Screw this energy crap. And no bs bosses that oneshot anything. Honestly, making an event more difficult by having minions spawn that panic aswell as numerous ways to be oneshot is just ridiculous. This should be an event to farm for rewards, not farm for deaths and essences.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Just curious if you were around for the Tarlok event...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Tarlok was much better. Much more impressive, and better gear. The gear is what will get people to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Personally I wasn't impressed with this event. Yes, the bosses were well done, and a nice challenge. The para stone is nice, although only one per character. Blinky was thankfully buffed before release, but these don't equate to the kind of cash that seemed to be expected of us by the organizers. I won't even get into the appalling stats of the legendary gear.

It was way too big a money grab and didn't have any real gratification. I am left with a slightly sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the amount it cost just to end up #44 on the leaderboard, not to mention the number of crates opened, with the best item being a single fang. Yes I got lucky on a pumpkin chest at the beginnning, but that was the equivalent of being struck by lightning while riding on the roof of a Lamborghini wrapped in tinfoil. Most players were not that lucky.

As with the other energy events, unless you have a lot of real cash that you are willing/able and can afford to spend, you must spend hours a day running tombs and more time crafting, just for a chance to play the event.

What players want is a way to participate as much as they want without having to dig into their wallets every half hour. We have requested this every event since the energy system came in. And as has been said before, energy could be used the same way, but putting free portals infrequently after map bosses would at least encourage participation for those of us who can't afford several hundred dollars for a 2 week event.
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-03-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thats the one of the worst touch by lightning example
    On top of a car (highest point) wrapped in tinfoul (conducting AND touching the conducter), your toast lol

I enjoyed the event. First fun energy event. Although im not sad to see para leave. He's a nightmare
    Last edited by tearacan; 11-03-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Personally I wasn't impressed with this event. Yes, the bosses were well done, and a nice challenge. The para stone is nice, although only one per character. Blinky was thankfully buffed before release, but these don't equate to the kind of cash that seemed to be expected of us by the organizers. I won't even get into the appalling stats of the legendary gear.

It was way too big a money grab and didn't have any real gratification. I am left with a slightly sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the amount it cost just to end up #44 on the leaderboard, not to mention the number of crates opened, with the best item being a single fang. Yes I got lucky on a pumpkin chest at the beginnning, but that was the equivalent of being struck by lightning while riding on the roof of a Lamborghini wrapped in tinfoil. Most players were not that lucky.

As with the other energy events, unless you have a lot of real cash that you are willing/able and can afford to spend, you must spend hours a day running tombs and more time crafting, just for a chance to play the event.

What players want is a way to participate as much as they want without having to dig into their wallets every half hour. We have requested this every event since the energy system came in. And as has been said before, energy could be used the same way, but putting free portals infrequently after map bosses would at least encourage participation for those of us who can't afford several hundred dollars for a 2 week event.
    You can't blame StG... It's your choice to run event and open locks. You could have farmed gems/locks and made 20-50m money in this event with same effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Cheers! It was good. I was too lazy to reach platinum on my alts. Now im so jealous of my friends having 4 para stones, blinkys, buttload of grims etc. Lesson learned indeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx:1896390

You can't blame StG... It's your choice to run event and open locks. You could have farmed gems/locks and made 20-50m money in this event with same effort.
    I think you misunderstood her post.

I see where sera is coming from. Many friends and players were not able to freely join in runs as they please because energy was constantly up. So their choice was to not play for nearly the rest of the day or go farm for a few hours to craft 1 energy kit. All this in hand, just taking away time for the player to run and enjoy the event. Couldnt really pvp too much since it was mostly dead and laggy too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I think you misunderstood her post.

I see where sera is coming from. Many friends and players were not able to freely join in runs as they please because energy was constantly up. So their choice was to not play for nearly the rest of the day or go farm for a few hours to craft 1 energy kit. All this in hand, just taking away time for the player to run and enjoy the event. Couldnt really pvp too much since it was mostly dead and laggy too.
    I still don't see why you and sera keep talking about energies kits are rare.. I had an entire day farming jarls and it's more than 15 essence/two hours. I suppose the number to be much larger in wt4 if you know the trick

It's just some people with arcane gears can finish the run in 1 minute not meaning that everyone can do it in 1 minute. I have had many 1hour fight with para with random parties, which is the majority of people do

If StG makes kit sooo cheap or sooo easily obtainable then these random players will just leave when they see para, instead of fighting it like now. For this part, at least, the energy system is a bless.
    Last edited by kixkaxx; 11-03-2014 at 11:44 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

duh i think the energy system is great.
    no energy, take a break and do something else.
    got too much time on hand, go farm for energy essence.
    no time and loaded, buy plats.
    the game has always been designed like that, in a competition, your competitors determines your victory.
    i'm out of the competition cos i dont drive a lambhor lol.

but, screw you para for granting me that much deaths in a day.
    -rethgifllub-

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

halloween event was fun , eggs, vanities, gems, everything was so great and fun.
    i want to say "thx stg, yall hv done a great job"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Yes great event! Thank you STG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    I still don't see why you and sera keep talking about energies kits are rare.. I had an entire day farming jarls and it's more than 15 essence/two hours. I suppose the number to be much larger in wt4 if you know the trick

It's just some people with arcane gears can finish the run in 1 minute not meaning that everyone can do it in 1 minute. I have had many 1hour fight with para with random parties, which is the majority of people do

If StG makes kit sooo cheap or sooo easily obtainable then these random players will just leave when they see para, instead of fighting it like now. For this part, at least, the energy system is a bless.

• Why would people leave when they got the best boss? That doesn't make sense, since he's the only one who dropped anything.

• We're not asking for cheap and easy, we're asking for an option that includes the entire community, encourages teamwork. and allows people to play the event as much as they like, not how much they can afford.

• If they put this much work into making an event, players should have the ability to actually enjoy it and get the most they can out of it. I for one am a lot more happy to spend money on elixirs and some paid portals, when money is not being demanded of me whenever I want to join a friend or a guildmate.

• It's not just 2 people who feel this way, it's the majority of the players in the game.

• If someone has all top gear, it stands to reason they would also farm essences faster, doesn't it? Doesn't matter who you are or what gear you use, since the tomb time to event run ratio remains the same.

I think following post from this thread sums it up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    I really miss the first time event use portal, dont remember what event, last year halloween maybe?
    Everybody farm portal in that ship fighting sark (dont remember the name of that map)

Past:
    /g Portal
    -me
    -me
    -me
    -tons of me

Now:
    /g 2 slot para
    -me
    -no energy
    -damn u late, i spend my last energy fighting wolf
    -goodluck
    Last edited by Serancha; 11-04-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amadorbibidor View Post
    Hi. I would like to thank you STG for the Halloween Event that just closed it's portal to bosses. I have to recognize I was a little negative about the Platinum Tier, just because I thinked I gonna need loads of "platinum" to reach it, but STG showed me that I was wrong!
    This event I got Platinum Tier 3 days before it finished, and the best thing is that I didn't spent a penny on energy, farming Watchers Tomb 4 was enough to get platinum tier so STS just offered us the opportunity to loot a mythic gem that is very useful and stylish, also for our so loved tanks that don't care about DMG can get a profit of 2.000.000 gold. ( Buy mythic blood ruby of shuyal, gem it, sell for 2 millions more). Also the token purchaseable limited edition Halloween vanities were just awesome, 3x times cooler than elondrian ones. Grimm availability with event tokens was a nice move showing players AL is not so pay-to-win afterall, Necropolis design was awesome, bosses were very well made (paracelsus was nice, farmed him for tokens and points.) I've been very impressed of the quality of event STG offered us, see how if you want, you can?

What could I say... Just thanks!

Let me know how this event was for you or if you think STG did a great job as I think. :-)
    niceeeee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

• Why would people leave when they got the best boss? That doesn't make sense, since he's the only one who dropped anything.

• We're not asking for cheap and easy, we're asking for an option that includes the entire community, encourages teamwork. and allows people to play the event as much as they like, not how much they can afford.

• If they put this much work into making an event, players should have the ability to actually enjoy it and get the most they can out of it. I for one am a lot more happy to spend money on elixirs and some paid portals, when money is not being demanded of me whenever I want to join a friend or a guildmate.

• It's not just 2 people who feel this way, it's the majority of the players in the game.

• If someone has all top gear, it stands to reason they would also farm essences faster, doesn't it? Doesn't matter who you are or what gear you use, since the tomb time to event run ratio remains the same.

I think following post from this thread sums it up nicely.
    You said you have chats with legendary gears and join random parties. Judging from what you said, you have no idea what the majority people look like. Random party has less than 50% of chance beating the last boss. People leave after trying 20times. If the energy is easy, they will leave within two tries.

In tarlok event people like to join dragon because dragon is not hard to kill. Now people like to join para because their energy is limited.

For wt4 it does not depend so much on gears, I run with legendary party and can do it in 3min, while full arcane only makes it to ~2. But for event run it is completely different

The majority of people come from random party, not from your friends. However I agree that your friends pay much more plats than random parties, so STG should listen more to your advice; if this is what you mean, just say it.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kixkaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

There was no need for you to spend money. You could get a blinky, soul gem, vanities, greater pumpkin chests, grimm eggs and all other goodies without spending anything, but you had to WORK. If you think for being maxed geared and felling like you want to run event as much as you can to reach leaderboards do it, but you have to pay. Don't expect to remove energy system because it's a stupidness. If portal is free then the required points to reach certain tiers gonna be higher, for example: Bronze tier 3000 pts, silver 6000, gold 10.000, platinum 25.000. You just gonna have to run event gettin' 100 pts. per run instead of farming essence. The difficulty STG set us to reach plat tier was ok, so if they remove energy system then it gonna be the same. You can't expect to all players to loot mythic weapons because if not they wouldn't be "rare", they would be like trickster hat, something everybody has got. STG mentioned lots of times mythics and arcanes drop from locks are very rare, but ignorant people still open 5 locks and ask theirselves why theres no arcane. If you want mythics, spend your cash, they are mythics, not epics. Why are you 44# only on LB? Because there is non-plat ppl who saved gold to buy energy from months for this, you just runned few times till you got bored para that takes to me and my friends 2 minutes to kill using right strategy, and you saw you are only 44#, GG. If you want LB then work harder and don't ask for removal of energy to save your pocket, just start thinking you gonna rule event 1 month it gonna open it's portals.