Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Please make paracelsus soul gems tradable? There really serves no purpose to keep them non-tradable. It really just becomes another item difficult to obtain and encourages scamming by forcing players to obtain them through means that are not in the secure trade interface.

Please give it some serious thought! This could stop a large amount of "I got scammed threads."

While you're at it, can you change the color of the gem when embedded in an item to a unique color? The similarity between an Elondrian super shard also leads to scammers attempting to trick a buyer.
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-03-2014 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Forgot non before tradable.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Make it orange to reflect the aura!
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

i 100% agree

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Please make paracelsus soul gems tradable? There really serves no purpose to keep them non-tradable. It really just becomes another item difficult to obtain and encourages scamming by forcing players to obtain them through means that are not in the secure trade interface.

Please give it some serious thought! This could stop a large amount of "I got scammed threads."

While you're at it, can you change the color of the gem when embedded in an item to a unique color? The similarity between an Elondrian super shard also leads to scammers attempting to trick a buyer.
    Well if you look closely you can see a white flashing skull on the paracelcus stone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ColdBlahd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nope
    when this gem become tradeable twink's will be over,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Also change the colour of the stone
    atm is the same as perfect life shard it get quite confusing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBlahd View Post
    Well if you look closely you can see a white flashing skull on the paracelcus stone.
    I realize that. I highlighted what's the issue regarding the gem color. As players, we shouldn't have to look closely for every single detail. Gamers get tired and make mistakes as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I realize that. I highlighted what's the issue regarding the gem color. As players, we shouldn't have to look closely for every single detail. Gamers get tired and make mistakes as well!
    Ye!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by veloxcity View Post
    nope
    when this gem become tradeable twink's will be over,
    2 grand gems +12 primary (about 7 dmg with increased health and other stats)
    2 Para gems =9 dmg (no other stat increased)
    Twink over yeah right. If someone goes with full para gems they dont stand a chance because the more they stack the worse they get.

And also this will add some nice gem changes instead of just using gems that boost your primary they may focus on health gems etc. If they add more gems this would defiantly be a possibility because of the new strategy involved into perfecting gear to your play style.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

No, the gem has its own reason for not being tradeable. Player who want to buy the gem should be ready with the risk they are about to take before they click the confirm button as when they're trading. As for the color, I agree with you.

No hard feelings.
    Last edited by Froxanthar; 11-03-2014 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    2 grand gems +12 primary (about 7 dmg with increased health and other stats)
    2 Para gems =9 dmg (no other stat increased)
    Twink over yeah right. If someone goes with full para gems they dont stand a chance because the more they stack the worse they get.

And also this will add some nice gem changes instead of just using gems that boost your primary they may focus on health gems etc. If they add more gems this would defiantly be a possibility because of the new strategy involved into perfecting gear to your play style.
    In low lvl twinks 2 dmg is allot. There's already some people using 3-5 gems in their gear because it's very op.

Making these gems tradeable is a very bad idea. It will make twinkling like endgame where you need to be rich to compete with others. This ruins the point of twinking causing more people to quit.

It seems like a simple update but think about the effects it would have on the game as a whole Zeus.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjasmurf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Question is
    1. Why sts made something isnt tradeable? im prety sure they have their own reason for this, exclusive? gold sink?
    2. Why ppl ask for non tradeable item change to tradeable? the main reason is gold, chance to make huge profit

I think it is not fair to ppl who already convinced that this gem can not be traded. They've spent all gems for crafting gear, so they lost a chance to make profit from gems.
    I 100% agree only when sts make the change before event end.

and also I would be very happy if sts make all item tradeable !
    - LB season/event Banner
    - Pets that have been hatched so we can purchase pet lvl 41 (for rich ppl who are lazy to leveling up pet, they'll love this idea)
    - Gold vanity
    - Essence
    - Receipe
    - Forged event energy kit
    - ETC

If u want to suggest some change, change everything not only 1-2 item. That sounds like u have personal mission with that.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Axesam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Uh no. Keep it untradeable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

If you get scammed bc you can't read, your an idiot. What else do you want sts to safeguard? How about we all have a protective bubble so nothing can ever hurt us....

These threads from so called "best of the best" players, trying to alter the game for EVERYONE, is become bs. Sts is making changes based off these threads. Did they ask the rest of al if they should change the para stone effect? Nope. Just listened to a FEW of the player based. It's bs.
    Last edited by .no; 11-04-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

It won't be tradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    Sts and they're lack of logic. If the item were you put the para gem would become bounded, that would make perfectly sense. The 'non tradable para soul gem' only open ways for scammers.
    Many end game players made twinks and farmed para gems, some of them went up to 20gems or more. If i had time i could've do 10gems a day. Now that I'm thinking, i should've farmed gems instead of going for lb.. Maybe sts doesn't know this. Sooner or later everyone gonna drop on there main.
    Oh, and while you are on this matter and change para gems to tradable, do same to arena master chest so i can have a reason to login and play untile the new tombs
    Bingo.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Bingo.
    Exactly and right now, they are locking these super exclusive stats to whoever abused the para gem concept. They've done this before with elite rings in PL and it caused outrage. Any new players are discouraged by having to compete against players with gear they will never be able to have.

It's like SnS but on a larger scale.

I have about 7 para gems but I'm still a big advocate for this.

How would this destroy twinking? I have a twink with 3 para gems. The fact is that it is very OP and detrimental to the game because the only way another player can be as equal is by trusting someone to gem that very specific item they require or by finding an already gemmed version of the item.

Locking people out is not good. Additionally, the +2.0 damage factor is a messed up algorithm because a player can put up to 4-5 gems with no substantial ill effects.

My rogue has 4 and it frequently breaks tanks through jugg. Don't even get me started on how locked down this can make the times run leaderboard - more so than it already is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

What you said makes no sense.

If you want paragems in the future you can buy a gemmed item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Please dont make any changes to the para gems I vote...

So what if people missed out on the event this time around. Just make a balance so future gems might be similer to paragems. Maybe not as powerful but the original idea was to keep it non tradeable n it should stay that way. If people abused the system and gained additional paragems for the event then making it tradeable wont stop the abuse but give those people another way on cashing in big time..

Gear with paragems will either hold some value at least or gain value over time and the people who have gems sitting there will be forced to use the gems on gears eventually thus feeding the gems into public and without it costing average joe a arm n a leg to get hold of
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

It will be a difficult decision to make a previously un-tradeable item tradeable. Seeing as a large majority have crafted it into an item and making said gems tradeable they will feel a bit cheated out of the plausible profit which they could have had. But! If they do become tradeable then with said update these minor yet largely wanted fixes must also happen in due course:

Make Arena Useful! Don't care how it's done just make there a purpose to do it regularly or at least once a week (Mythic Amulet *NEW* will require activity in the tombs but once that's done (Unless we can make multiple and sell) there will be no use. Also, depending on the difficulty of the quests/tasks and the strength of the Amulet to determine its price in CS/Trades it might actually be more money wise to buy it in CS rather than waste gold/plats on revives and pots. That being said, all discussed variables can only be taken in account if the Amulet is trade able.

Buff Scorch!!! Nuff' Said here.

Make Smurfs less Squishy! If a warrior had a shoe then mages wouldn't be the Nott, they would be the first AL race to be classified as the Nott alive species *Rimshot*.

Allow better configuration of DMG/% based buffs etc. e.g. Stacking.

Much like what Anarchist said, there are many,many useful/wanted things that new players in AL will truly never get. We have to allow for these things to happen and just accept them. Fact is, Para gems would some day be considered something special and have an even larger item value boost! If they were to become tradeable I would ask for the old Vanities to come back as well as the previous AP title and armor which correlated to the "Sentinel".
    Last edited by SacredKnight; 11-04-2014 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Grammar Fixes etc.