Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Now that Halloween event is on cool down...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by danley View Post
    It does. Its sts showing middle finger to they're new player, subtile.

There are many things a new player won't get. If you wanna help go to Kraag and gift your gold or help them level up.

Its due time sts decisions stops getting changed by forumers to satisfy their personal likes n interests.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Question is
    1. Why sts made something isnt tradeable? im prety sure they have their own reason for this, exclusive? gold sink?
    2. Why ppl ask for non tradeable item change to tradeable? the main reason is gold, chance to make huge profit

I think it is not fair to ppl who already convinced that this gem can not be traded. They've spent all gems for crafting gear, so they lost a chance to make profit from gems.
    I 100% agree only when sts make the change before event end.

and also I would be very happy if sts make all item tradeable !
    - LB season/event Banner
    - Pets that have been hatched so we can purchase pet lvl 41 (for rich ppl who are lazy to leveling up pet, they'll love this idea)
    - Gold vanity
    - Essence
    - Receipe
    - Forged event energy kit
    - ETC

If u want to suggest some change, change everything not only 1-2 item. That sounds like u have personal mission with that.
    THIS!!!!
    And,
    I have upgraded 2 items with Para gems i would rage if it becomes tradable. I wouldn't support it being tradable even though i have more para gems in my stash!
    I always kind of agree to your opinions zeus but this one! No offence!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

BWHAHAHA!

I hard work pays off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

If this was to be changed, it should have been done before the event. Doing it now, after a lot of people have socketed theirs already, would cause more uproar than it is worth.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Actually... if it absolutely reaches this verdict and it does change to tradable then the option to remove the gem from socketed equipment should be implemented along with it to keep the fair scale even ^.^
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Zeus,

Would you honestly make this suggestion if you did not have 7 paracelsus soul stones and instead had one like many regular players do? Would you find it fair if the item you worked hard for (YES, worked hard for, many people don't have 50m to bust out and buy energy) and spent time and money on become available for everyone - to people who did NOT work for this "exclusive" item? I suppose you could compare it to SNS - I'm sure you wouldn't like it if they put SNS into crates, no?

Let them stay an exclusive item and untradeable. Too many people have already socketed these gems and it will be wasted.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suckyiknow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Never make this stones tradeable!! The bad effect is that rich pls will buy all stones, stash it and craft mythic or arcane items to sell this for more Gold. At least no nonprofitplayer is able to get one legendary item in future like expe rifles with such stones, because all are in stash, in mythic/arcame weapons or in store for expensive prices. Making the stones not tradeable is a bonus for lowlevel pls and in my opinion thats exactly the sign a lot of pls have waited for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    i use a 9 para-gem setup on my tank at the moment: 3 in arcane ring, 3 in doom, 3 in bonesaw. my unbuffed dmg with nightshade is 659, dps 791, hp 6897. i can t comment on the usefulness in pvp yet, but pve is a blast . does this answer your max dmg question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    My rogue has 4 and it frequently breaks tanks through jugg.
    Keeping this gem untradeable limits the damage it can do to a already "sick" pvp system from twink to endgame pvp. I am sure devs are aware of this.

For those who care so much about the new players getting para gems (But wont let someone 2k pts below you tie on LBafter saying tie is legit),even in the scenario the gems become tradeable the new players will probably never get any.

We all know who are gonna get the gems. Merchers and already OP players that do not need to become more overpowered.

CONCLUSION
    The gem being untradeable and more or less distributed to everyone is what limits its potentiality to break pvp so let it continue to be like that.

#JM2C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If the stones are not tradeable, the low lev pls have to craft it in legendary items, and this makes the game much more interesting and more variable for newcomers. The argument that new pls will never have a soul stone is not correct. There will be much more legendary items with soul stone inside and they can buy this items. If you make the stones tradeable this variability in legendary items will get lost.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Exactly and right now, they are locking these super exclusive stats to whoever abused the para gem concept. They've done this before with elite rings in PL and it caused outrage. Any new players are discouraged by having to compete against players with gear they will never be able to have.

It's like SnS but on a larger scale.

I have about 7 para gems but I'm still a big advocate for this.

How would this destroy twinking? I have a twink with 3 para gems. The fact is that it is very OP and detrimental to the game because the only way another player can be as equal is by trusting someone to gem that very specific item they require or by finding an already gemmed version of the item.

Locking people out is not good. Additionally, the +2.0 damage factor is a messed up algorithm because a player can put up to 4-5 gems with no substantial ill effects.

My rogue has 4 and it frequently breaks tanks through jugg. Don't even get me started on how locked down this can make the times run leaderboard - more so than it already is.
    already we got arcane rings with para gems on it , believe me , arcane ring has made the game easy , but the rings and alot of para gems in it just screws up...

event lb you are screwed up for 1000% ...

LOOKS LIKE OUR PROFIT IS OUR OWN DESTRUCTION!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

True, but personally i have no interest if this gems are tradable/non tradable. I know many ppl i can give my items and craft for me, but belive me, many will get scam. Eventually this game will be all about twinks,twinks farming, scammers and plats. Having a main character will be an extravagant thing and i wont be there to tell you 'i told you so'. They should not remove the native plat farm either, it would be a cool combination...

Every event you have to play whit 10-20 twinks and the only challenge is: 'get as many twinks you can to platinum tier'?They should make the lb based on this so it will be official, cuz the one who made the most paracelsus gems is the winner of this event.

What would intrest me is tradable arena master chests. Is making the game playable too much to ask? I've opened close to 500 and got nothing worth mention it.. I've sow a post where remiem used the word 'improvements', i laught so hard. When arena came out for the first time, ppl played it for months. How many ppl plays the new arena now?
    Arena isn't the biggest failure, the events are going from bad to worst. Atleast bosses from Ursorth assault event were challenging. Halloween event you just run thru bosses and the richest wins. I don't even wanna know how the winter event will be like.
    well...i think if every single gears are equipped with entirely para gem the person is totally INSANE

here's what will happen

rogues:

critic REDUCTION
    DMG increase

Sorcs:

Mana decrease

DMG increase

Warriors:

HP decrease

DMG inrease..

above all , all our classes will lose our very own precious stats...especially rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Lol wow interesting thread and to think i was missing all the fun, i just wanted one..just one because of the pretty effects. Nice thread really. I don't care what the devs do anymore, so really...if these gems become tradeable...is fine by me.

I think think only effects pvp, but with pvp contests..it can make you think right. Devs say that pvp is broken..this would hit the final nail to the coffin.
    Last edited by octavos; 11-04-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Say NO to para gems tradable , we worked our butt hard for this "exclusive" item, so no, sts, keep the para gem untradable, thank you, i know many of us were aware that this para gem will not be tradable before the event had started, and majority had agree with that. Why now asking to be tradable? need some profit? Wanna take back the all the had spend in the event? if not just keep quite and drink some kool aid ,

Please STS, Never ever make the paragem tradable, Thank you so much ! :*

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Tapatalk

Hate can be a positive emotion
    When it forces you to be Better

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBoon For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Truel, but personally i have no interest if this gems are tradable/non tradable. I know many ppl i can give my items and craft for me, but belive me, many will get scam. Eventually this game will be all about twinks,twinks farming, scammers and plats. Having a main character will be an extravagant thing and i wont be there to tell you 'i told you so'. They should not remove the native plat farm either, it would be a cool combination...

Every event you have to play whit 10-20 twinks and the only challenge is: 'get as many twinks you can to platinum tier'?They should make the lb based on this so it will be official, cuz the one who made the most paracelsus gems is the winner of this event.

What would intrest me is tradable arena master chests. Is making the game playable too much to ask? I've opened close to 500 and got nothing worth mention it.. I've sow a post where remiem used the word 'improvements', i laught so hard. When arena came out for the first time, ppl played it for months. How many ppl plays the new arena now?
    Arena isn't the biggest failure, the events are going from bad to worst. Atleast bosses from Ursorth assault event were challenging. Halloween event you just run thru bosses and the richest wins. I don't even wanna know how the winter event will be like.
    It takes 3-5hrs to get to plat tier so the question is were you runnin LB 24/7?
    The answer is No, and thanks to ties you had all the necessary time to get enough plat tier toons as it pleaded you. I understand you (and not only you) would like to eat your hen and still want its eggs but the damage this might cause does not worth the risks.

I dont mind arena chest being untradeable if not i would sell ALL of em But the chest loot table is complete rubbish and has to be changed.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-04-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Just no, this change will only benefit a few people who farmed lots of stones on twinks, if it was tradeable from the beginning then im sure people would have spent their plat and gold differently during the event.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

.no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suckyiknow View Post
    Zeus,

Would you honestly make this suggestion if you did not have 7 paracelsus soul stones and instead had one like many regular players do? Would you find it fair if the item you worked hard for (YES, worked hard for, many people don't have 50m to bust out and buy energy) and spent time and money on become available for everyone - to people who did NOT work for this "exclusive" item? I suppose you could compare it to SNS - I'm sure you wouldn't like it if they put SNS into crates, no?

Let them stay an exclusive item and untradeable. Too many people have already socketed these gems and it will be wasted.
    All my 7 gems are bounded to an item so this would not affect me. I paid for all of mine except one - so no, I didn't stock up like most players.

Additionally, SnS is owned by 40 players, many of which do not play anymore. Thus, the impact is much smaller and is bearable, IMO.
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-04-2014 at 09:49 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    If this was to be changed, it should have been done before the event. Doing it now, after a lot of people have socketed theirs already, would cause more uproar than it is worth.

The entire reason why it should be done now, IMO, without telling players beforehand is that players do not try to take advantage of the gem and hoard it.

Competing with the gem is very futile and in its current state, only those who are rich or hoarded will be able to compete. Me? I don't have an issue with either. New players though? It's quite discouraging. Not only do they have to pay tens of millions for their gear, but they will also have to pay tens of millions for their gems just because of an event. How broken is that? Pretty broken since the gems can be applied to any best item at any level. Remember, best items are pretty rare so to have to find one with a para gem in it will be even more of an excruciating task. This affects everyone and may not seem like an important issue now but down the line, it will.

By making the gems tradable, this will actually stabilize value and not encourage scamming, shady dealings, etc.

@Anarchist
    Me and Danley worked hard trying to tie Iayoral in a way that did not risk our positions. Please do not assume. We failed but you can bet that we were really trying.
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-04-2014 at 09:48 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,018 Posts

@Anarchist
    Me and Danley worked hard trying to tie Iayoral in a way that did not risk our positions. Please do not assume. We failed but you can bet that we were really trying.
    Yeah this is actually true.

I would like to see the gems tradeable as well getting back on topic. It's a huge open door for scams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Please make paracelsus soul gems tradable? There really serves no purpose to keep them non-tradable. It really just becomes another item difficult to obtain and encourages scamming by forcing players to obtain them through means that are not in the secure trade interface.

Please give it some serious thought! This could stop a large amount of "I got scammed threads."

While you're at it, can you change the color of the gem when embedded in an item to a unique color? The similarity between an Elondrian super shard also leads to scammers attempting to trick a buyer.
    Ok I understand saying but , if gems were tradable it'll probably cause forum chaos because of pvp and how people might abuse them, I understand that ppl get scammed but that could be a cover up story to let the gems be tradable @.@, I mean if everyone has one soul why would we wana trade it away and why would we wana sell it, I guess the developers bounded one soul stone per player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Keep things the way the have ended. The event has already been at the mercy of all kinds of constant changes already. Lets just close this off and look forward to the live test server due before the tombs to have a giggle on =)
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord