Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New chat system really bad :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default New chat system really bad :/

Thank you sts for trying to improve the game and make it easier for us to chat, but you cant just make changes after playing the game for almost 2 years, we are used to the old way

If you want to make changes at least please do it slowly, the game has changed alot I cant even keep up with it, just today I realised theres respec scroll

Anyway my point is please please change the chat inside TDM and CTF to the old way, its just so hard to keep typing /a if I wana say something.
    I bet no one can play the game for 1 hour without sending an X send at least 5 times :/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoom7 For This Useful Post:

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey Hakoom,

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate your input.

Regarding the PvP chat, we rather like that it take a little bit more effort to chat to the whole room. Much of the trash and smack talk happens that way and this is just a small step to try and curb it. We are aware of the issues and looking at ways to improve the chat experience and address customer feedback.

Best regards,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Hakoom,

Regarding the PvP chat, we rather like that it take a little bit more effort to chat to the whole room. Much of the trash and smack talk happens that way and this is just a small step to try and curb it. We are aware of the issues and looking at ways to improve the chat experience and address customer feedback.

Best regards,
    Samhayne
    Thanks alot samhayne

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

If it was just the "/" command that automatically appeared i would be game for that. That way we only have to either backspace once or type a single letter to chat with who we wanted to. Holding G till the / appears is kinda annoying but most of us are used to it

just another upbeat positive comment from your friendly neighborhood forumer 😆

7. The Following User Says Thank You to phillyr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Hakoom,

Best regards,
    Samhayne
    Thanks sam, I was now getting used to the new chat system. I only had a suggestion, can another "/" command change the first one? It would be very useful.
    Sample is after you typed "/g message" you automatically go to "/guildchat" when you chat, but if you typed another command over the other like "/guildchat /p" the "/p" will precide over the "/guildchat" command and the next time you chat it wuold be "/partychat". This would save us the time on erasing the automatic command after you do it, its "/guildchat" on this example.

INAN'HESH
    Difficult times create strong people, strong people create peaceful times, peaceful times create weak people, weak people create difficult times