Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: STR Sets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Thumbs down STR Sets

These lust and savage sets are so damn op on mage and bear.

Lets compare - scenario 4pc armor bird versus bear (swift talon vs savage scytche) Bird has to throw combo two or three times before bear dies. All bear has to do is press two skills. - 700 damage.

The bird damage and dodge nerf made us very weak against str set classes.
    STR set beastly is basically same as flying talon set but it has more damage, dodge and armor. Nothing difference basically.

Birds should get the damage back but dodge can be same (still im hitting 64 dodge with talon and 56 with bow)
    Its just not acceptable that tank and support class both deal more damage than the actual damage class.

There is like no way dex bird could somehow compare to str set bear or mage.

Name:  nimetön.png
Views: 474
Size:  837.8 KB
    Note: pally holding bird in spawn room and bear doing flags

And its totally legal!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itoopeo View Post
    These lust and savage sets are so damn op on mage and bear.

Lets compare - scenario 4pc armor bird versus bear (swift talon vs savage scytche) Bird has to throw combo two or three times before bear dies. All bear has to do is press two skills. - 700 damage.

The bird damage and dodge nerf made us very weak against str set classes.
    STR set beastly is basically same as flying talon set but it has more damage, dodge and armor. Nothing difference basically.

Birds should get the damage back but dodge can be same (still im hitting 64 dodge with talon and 56 with bow)
    Its just not acceptable that tank and support class both deal more damage than the actual damage class.

There is like no way dex bird could somehow compare to str set bear or mage.

Name:  nimetön.png
Views: 474
Size:  837.8 KB
    Note: pally holding bird in spawn room and bear doing flags

And its totally legal!
    Well I beat bears and mages all the time and they are pally. U gotta practice bro.

Mages I usually use blind first it kind of stops from healing then I just use root shatter blast replus then repeat

For bears I use repulse root blind shat blast break and use avian whenever he tries to beckon u in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

i feel you, stupid op str always ruins everything
    Timelife & Partys & Tendrillz & Blessedbeast & Displayin & Bannin & Eggsies & Pandabehr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Lmao you are getting spawned by staffmasters

Ha

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ssneakykills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Timelife View Post
    i feel you, stupid op str always ruins everything
    Then there are these some pallys who want to "show off" and follow wherever you go and keep targeting you. It kinda ruins whole pvp when one OP str geared follows you to every room you go and keeps coming and dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen1234 View Post
    Well I beat bears and mages all the time and they are pally. U gotta practice bro.

Mages I usually use blind first it kind of stops from healing then I just use root shatter blast replus then repeat

For bears I use repulse root blind shat blast break and use avian whenever he tries to beckon u in
    In theory, yes. but then there is this stat called dodge, what every str gear has too much. They basically dodge blind, repulse and take only one of two roots. They use Hellscream from 12m and then beckon (laugh emote) stomp you are dead.
    Or they just use HS and walk close, keep spamming HS and auto attacking 250dmg each hit and spamming fart emote.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I am not understanding: Are you saying you went through 3 skill combos before your opponent went through 2 single skills. Either your opponent happened to dodge everything while "lagging" then killed you or you aren't sharing something. Also, you are in a CTF map, so could some of the damage you took be dealt by another player?

Just an observation.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I am not understanding: Are you saying you went through 3 skill combos before your opponent went through 2 single skills. Either your opponent happened to dodge everything while "lagging" then killed you or you aren't sharing something. Also, you are in a CTF map, so could some of the damage you took be dealt by another player?

Just an observation.
    He means in the battles he wins against str he goes through 2-3 combo's before he wins.

And the one's he loses he died by 2 skills from str player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Nothing new ... no matter how much you disagree str sets do have dmg , crit , regain , armor , dodge resulting in being op ... well they are not going to do anything about PvP balance so just stop posting similar threads ... they just dont care about P.L anymore ... they made players & the game die by themselves and now they ignore it.Stick with the current situation ( a forever situation ).
    L76 AcexLuffyBird , L61 AcexluffyBehr , L56 AcexluffyMage , L50 AcexluffyBear , L40 AcexluffyTank , L40 AcexLuffyFox , L25 AcexluffyHorn ... Want more alts ... ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Just an observation.
    Birds just never crit more than 200 on bear. Usually not even that. What smash combo does to bird - 240+240+300 crit damage and autos between those are 220crit each.
    The damage advantage of birds over bears is so little that it doesnt even matter. And staff int mages do more than dex birds damage. And it is a support class!
    Even pallys drain crit that 350 to bird.

Pallys have heal too which makes them very tanky. Lets say mages heal approximately 3 times per fight. Its 250 health each. Basically same as added to stats is 600+250+250+250hp= 1350hp with 40 dodge and buffed 400 armor (i think). Combne that with 75 crit, 380dmg and mana shield of 650(added to total hp its 2000hp).

Now what birds have is 220 armor, 48 dodge, 500hp, 460dmg and 80crit.

Plus we did not include regens which in case of savage gives 40hp/s

Bears can buff up to 420 armor 75dodge 60crit 430dmg and 850hp

Birds just cant be compared to these stats without using full damage dex bow gear and hope for lucky dodges. Birds have tiny range advantage over bears but bears 3 ranged root/pull skills will hit bird with 80%success. And nothing has more close range dps than bears
    Last edited by Itoopeo; 11-08-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Birds just never crit more than 200 on bear. Usually not even that. What smash combo does to bird - 240+240+300 crit damage and autos between those are 220crit each.
    The damage advantage of birds over bears is so little that it doesnt even matter. And staff int mages do more than dex birds damage. And it is a support class!
    Even pallys drain crit that 350 to bird.

Pallys have heal too which makes them very tanky. Lets say mages heal approximately 3 times per fight. Its 250 health each. Basically same as added to stats is 600+250+250+250hp= 1350hp with 40 dodge and buffed 400 armor (i think). Combne that with 75 crit, 380dmg and mana shield of 650(added to total hp its 2000hp).

Now what birds have is 220 armor, 48 dodge, 500hp, 460dmg and 80crit.

Plus we did not include regens which in case of savage gives 40hp/s

Bears can buff up to 420 armor 75dodge 60crit 430dmg and 850hp
    You still didn't answer my question. In your example, you stated you went through your skill combo's 2-3 times to kill a bear. That means a bear either missed, or you dodged, just as many attacks from the opponent to allow you to stay alive long enough to finally beat the bear. Same with a STR Mage. The disadvantage to the "OP" strength sets are hit%. Blinding shot helps to lower that even more.

Are birds squishy? Yes. But it does not mean they cannot beat strength players. My favorite class for PvP was bird. It is all about knowing situations and what combos to use in those situations. Birds have plenty of damage and in turn, aren't suppose to "survive". We, as a community, have asked for increased health pools for years now; I agree with you on that part. But to simply state the strength sets are the end all is not logical.

This argument has also existed since the Nuri cap. Nothing is going to change, and Samhayne has said as much.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Lmao you are getting spawned by staffmasters

Why did this make me cry so much :')

Ya he always seems to be teaming whenever he's in pvp, and then if his partner leaves and someone helps you, he immediately complains about team, after teaming you like 20 seconds ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Plus, how hard is it to edit some dam stats? Any change would be an improvement on what we have right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

You still didn't answer my question. In your example, you stated you went through your skill combo's 2-3 times to kill a bear. That means a bear either missed, or you dodged, just as many attacks from the opponent to allow you to stay alive long enough to finally beat the bear. Same with a STR Mage. The disadvantage to the "OP" strength sets are hit%. Blinding shot helps to lower that even more.

Are birds squishy? Yes. But it does not mean they cannot beat strength players. My favorite class for PvP was bird. It is all about knowing situations and what combos to use in those situations. Birds have plenty of damage and in turn, aren't suppose to "survive". We, as a community, have asked for increased health pools for years now; I agree with you on that part. But to simply state the strength sets are the end all is not logical.

This argument has also existed since the Nuri cap. Nothing is going to change, and Samhayne has said as much.
    Yes your fav WAS bird. Before nerf birds were totally fine, little bit too op with dodges.

Seriously throwing out 3 full combos (all hit) takes about a minute. Thats with my bow and 385dmg.
    Savage bear has 75% change to dodge my blind. After he dodged it, all he has to do is use beckon and stomp. That is 0.5 seconds.
    Plus bear HS gives them 12m perma-stun, while birds dual roots doesnt give that.

Im not going to argue about facts now. This is a open letter for STG about PL PvP. And I know all PvPers agree with this, so why not support it different ways so devs must do something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Only one solution: "Make an str bear."
    "Just because ur better than me doesnt mean i suck" ~ Elpsy

#ProfessionalNoob#FreeThePotatoes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Yes your fav WAS bird. Before nerf birds were totally fine, little bit too op with dodges.

Seriously throwing out 3 full combos (all hit) takes about a minute. Thats with my bow and 385dmg.
    Savage bear has 75% change to dodge my blind. After he dodged it, all he has to do is use beckon and stomp. That is 0.5 seconds.
    Plus bear HS gives them 12m perma-stun, while birds dual roots doesnt give that.

Im not going to argue about facts now. This is a open letter for STG about PL PvP. And I know all PvPers agree with this, so why not support it different ways so devs must do something?
    When do you think I quit playing? I was around when the "nerf" was put in place. It took a little getting use to, but was not impossible. And you just admitted to staying alive for "a minute" before they finally landed a "Smash" combo, which means they missed/you dodged just as much as they did. If I were a bird and a fight lasted that long, I would retreat to gather myself.

Based on your description, I still say you need to adjust how you approach bears.

And btw, you missed where I said Samhayne stated there will not be any changes made to the game. You are not mentioning anything which hasn't been mentioned since the beginning of the 61 cap when Strongman/BT/Demonic were the founders of "OP" strength sets. The "nerf" was implemented as an answer to the same claims you are making and it did not make the community happy because it only fixed a small part of the "problems" in game.

If you want to add your input to the already numerous threads on this exact same issue, I suggest you look up Dolloway's highly detailed thread on this exact issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Why complain itoopeo, because

Excellent logic there Devs, some str do near 8-9 dodge outta 10, and devs had to nerf the dodge debuffer very hard that dodge debuffers even get dodged.

bravo sts, keep going like this u'll make the most balanced pvp mmo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

When do you think I quit playing? I was around when the "nerf" was put in place. It took a little getting use to, but was not impossible. And you just admitted to staying alive for "a minute" before they finally landed a "Smash" combo, which means they missed/you dodged just as much as they did. If I were a bird and a fight lasted that long, I would retreat to gather myself.

Based on your description, I still say you need to adjust how you approach bears.

And btw, you missed where I said Samhayne stated there will not be any changes made to the game. You are not mentioning anything which hasn't been mentioned since the beginning of the 61 cap when Strongman/BT/Demonic were the founders of "OP" strength sets. The "nerf" was implemented as an answer to the same claims you are making and it did not make the community happy because it only fixed a small part of the "problems" in game.

If you want to add your input to the already numerous threads on this exact same issue, I suggest you look up Dolloway's highly detailed thread on this exact issue.
    You tell him....

However, between Mage vs. Bear, it is quite difficult but as you said NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE.

@Itoopeo- If you are complaining about the "squishiness" of bird, then go dex/str. I see Chaotikz owning some STR bears as a warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Why complain itoopeo, you should not do that atall, because

Excellent logic there Devs, some str do near 8-9 dodge outta 10, and devs had to nerf the dodge debuffer very hard that dodge debuffers even get dodged.

bravo sts, keep going like this u'll make the most balanced pvp mmo.

One elite item made birds op instead of nerfing it, devs nerfed the bird, now elite item gone in an way (+ those ppls who could not equip that elite item for lvl requirement or something) and nerfed bird left , again pretty good decision, nice.
    Last edited by Waug; 11-08-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anahadaz View Post
    Plus, how hard is it to edit some dam stats? Any change would be an improvement on what we have right now.
    Actually pretty hard, Im coding now in a simple language and found out that its annoying to edit 2000 lines of code -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Actually pretty hard, Im coding now in a simple language and found out that its annoying to edit 2000 lines of code -.-
    Ew....2000 lines.......

You like it???

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post: