Thread: Confirmation buttons...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Exclamation Confirmation buttons...

There should be a confirmation button for opening:

1) OPENING PETS
    2) VANITIES FROM SIR SPENDASLOT ....i lost 500k lel...
    3) canceling auctions
    4) buying items from bards and vendors
    5) gifting items

Please make these confirmations...i lost a couple of millions which made me upset...

please correct for errors!

MOVE: Plz move this thread to the bugs forums
    Last edited by Raselph; 11-10-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Yes this is a must, I too have made many mistakes due to this,
    (1) Opening pets, sure you can email sts to return back but with a confirmation button this reduces the amount of tickets that support must deal with and I am sure this would happen many times a day. (2) Losing money to Sir Spendalot - his items are already so expensive imagine losing 500k, 1m or even 10m. Again you can email support however again it does benefit support by them not having to deal with these requests to "refund Sir Spendalot". (3) would be a pain, accidentally cancelling the wrong item, especially if it was an expensive one that cost hundreds to list in the first place. (Imagine going to cancel a 500g deary egg and accidentally cancelling a +1m item o.O). And (4). It would be extremely annoying to finally reach the amount of tokens needed to buy your desired item and accidentally buying the wrong one. Especially number (5). I dont know how many times I have heard of people accidentally losing an item or gaining one. Both are not good situations because one person loses either way.
    I am totally behind you with these confirmations. Many mistakes have happened and if this is not implemented many more mistakes WILL happen.
    - (un) Retired -

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raselph View Post
    There should be a confirmation button for opening:
    Why are you pressing buttons if you don't want to? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hail
    (4). It would be extremely annoying to finally reach the amount of tokens needed to buy your desired item and accidentally buying the wrong one.
    My issues with confirmations is that they only state, are you sure? are you really really sure? are you sure that you are sure? Without confirming *WHICH* you actually pressed. This has gladly been fixed in guildlists, but remains throughout the rest of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Yes this is a must, I too have made many mistakes due to this,
    (1) Opening pets, sure you can email sts to return back but with a confirmation button this reduces the amount of tickets that support must deal with and I am sure this would happen many times a day. (2) Losing money to Sir Spendalot - his items are already so expensive imagine losing 500k, 1m or even 10m. Again you can email support however again it does benefit support by them not having to deal with these requests to "refund Sir Spendalot". (3) would be a pain, accidentally cancelling the wrong item, especially if it was an expensive one that cost hundreds to list in the first place. (Imagine going to cancel a 500g deary egg and accidentally cancelling a +1m item o.O). And (4). It would be extremely annoying to finally reach the amount of tokens needed to buy your desired item and accidentally buying the wrong one. Especially number (5). I dont know how many times I have heard of people accidentally losing an item or gaining one. Both are not good situations because one person loses either way.
    I am totally behind you with these confirmations. Many mistakes have happened and if this is not implemented many more mistakes WILL happen.
    actually ur standing rite next to me

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    Why are you pressing buttons if you don't want to? lol

My issues with confirmations is that they only state, are you sure? are you really really sure? are you sure that you are sure? Without confirming *WHICH* you actually pressed. This has gladly been fixed in guildlists, but remains throughout the rest of the game.
    do you actually know what you're posting dude? you sound like "you've never done a mistake since birth"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

[QUOTE=Raselph;1907025]actually ur standing rite next to me

Haha
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

do you actually know what you're posting dude? you sound like "you've never done a mistake since birth"
    I meant instead of getting a general confirmation info: "are you sure to open the egg?" i would prefer a specific msg: "are you sure to open egg: blinky?".
    Because with several similar items listed, a general confirmation would not help you to define which you pressed (wrong by mistake). The confirmation must define the item you want. The confirmation must not just confirm the action, which to me is useless to prevent mistakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    I meant instead of getting a general confirmation info: "are you sure to open the egg?" i would prefer a specific msg: "are you sure to open egg: blinky?".
    Because with several similar items listed, a general confirmation would not help you to define which you pressed (wrong by mistake). The confirmation must define the item you want. The confirmation must not just confirm the action, which to me is useless to prevent mistakes.
    MEHHHH, you should've responded in a better way in the your first post >:|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i accidentally opened a mythic pet on my auctioneer too. gifted another player lepre blood amulet, and sell items worth million for peanuts,opened locked on random.
    and more of shaz and klaas sucking my plats and bought on random the screen pop-up elixir while potting, and renaming pets unconsciously, buying revenge rev while soloing. really coming from PL where they have confirm button for plats usage, i find it frustrating.
    it's great that they have confirm button for plat usage now (after a year and going)
    i imagine many player might have bought the wrong item in AH too. Otherwise, who would list regular locked for 25 millions?

i wish there are redo button.

but in real life, you cant redo your mistakes. whats done is done.
    Dunno if this game will be much nicer than real life?
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    i accidentally opened a mythic pet on my auctioneer too. gifted another player lepre blood amulet, and sell items worth million for peanuts,opened locked on random.
    and more of shaz and klaas sucking my plats and bought on random the screen pop-up elixir while potting, and renaming pets unconsciously, buying revenge rev while soloing. really coming from PL where they have confirm button for plats usage, i find it frustrating.
    it's great that they have confirm button for plat usage now (after a year and going)
    i imagine many player might have bought the wrong item in AH too. Otherwise, who would list regular locked for 25 millions?

i wish there are redo button.

but in real life, you cant redo your mistakes. whats done is done.
    Dunno if this game will be much nicer than real life?
    press the Ctrl and Z in your mind , and POOF its done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

press the Ctrl and Z in your mind , and POOF its done!
    lol. nice joke, not playing on PC. touchscreen no CTRL Z. then again its touchscreen which cause all these accidents.
    And dont you just wish CTRL Z solved everything.
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flluby2 View Post
    lol. nice joke, not playing on PC. touchscreen no CTRL Z. then again its touchscreen which cause all these accidents.
    And dont you just wish CTRL Z solved everything.
    yea....wish it was...xD would love to "undo" all the trades xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

I have bought so many character slots by mistake or for lag (Atlest 6 slots on my main email).
    True. The day would be saved by a confirmation button