Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unreal gold prices

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    This is why you guys are poor. Because you can't merch or farm your way to it. I came back to AL yesterday, and literally made 10k in 1 minute. It's that simple
    I got my mythic set in 3 minutes lol. Its very simple as obee said.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    Did you not read my earlier post?
    I love AL but one thing I despise about this game is the fact that a lot of things aren't based off pure skill but pure LUCK

You get lucky if you're on one of the elites were mobs can 1hit and you don't end up getting one hit!
    Your lucky if something of value actually drops from the place that your farming. And lucky if you finally decide to buy some plat but can't afford much and somehow get a mythic within 20-30locks. Alot of it is just pure luck! I can't even tell you how long I farm elites every day and end up getting literally nothing! At this point it's just a pass time instead of a productive farm session.
    What will you want it to base to then? If not luck what? Skill? If every person has the skill to it they will do it repetively and will cause a destruction in the rarity and prices of items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    What will you want it to base to then? If not luck what? Skill? If every person has the skill to it they will do it repetively and will cause a destruction in the rarity and prices of items.
    I'm not saying to guarantee 100% whatever item each player is looking for at the time that they want it I'm just saying how frustrating it can that undergeared players could barely run the maps let alone kill the bosses for loot! And the part about hoping regular mobs don't 1hit even mythic players; yes! Someone somebody do SOMETHING about that! I'm not asking for 75% drop rates.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

The answer is MERCHING
    I started this game 8 months back in which i took a break for 3 months. Even then i can afford to buy an arcane pet like samael right now. Wait for new elites to launch. Once they do make sure to farm through them to loot new legendaries which would pay handsomely to get you started with the gold. Till the new tombs come just make sure you are geared well enough to be able to run them when they launch. Atleast that is what i did when elite tindirin launched and the loot was worth from 500k-3m and i got enough gold to start merching and multiply it. Like in real life there are no shortcuts in the game. You have to work hard to be able to own the best items.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by thorasaur; 11-10-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

not when u got all the cool stuff at the beginning of the game... :P

But i do agree. Something is wrong with this gold flooding in and the economy.

from what i found,
    "There's a thread on this already, but i'll explain it in a nutshell. Basically, players were abusing the NativeX offer system, allowing them to repeatedly complete offers for platinum. I've heard that some players were able to farm thousands of platinum per day, and turn that into gold by selling elixirs, buying actual gold for plat, opening locked, etc. This created a huge amount of gold in the economy, and hyperinflated prices.

People who were caught farming platinum in excess amounts got either 3/7/14? day or perm. banned."

I think we definitely do need gold sink.
    New players will have no chance to get anything unless, they're extremely lucky or merch out of the other noobs (which i consider it scamming to be honest).

Unless, this game may become like Elsword... for those of you know how terrible the economy is in there x)
    Last edited by cjswogkstkdg; 11-10-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thorasaur View Post
    The answer is MERCHING
    I started this game 8 months back in which i took a break for 3 months. Even then i can afford to buy an arcane pet like samael right now. Wait for new elites to launch. Once they do make sure to farm through them to loot new legendaries which would pay handsomely to get you started with the gold. Till the new tombs come just make sure you are geared well enough to be able to run them when they launch. Atleast that is what i did when elite tindirin launched and the loot was worth from 500k-3m and i got enough gold to start merching and become rich. Like in real life there are no shortcuts in the game. You have to work hard to be able to own the best items.
    Hope that helps.
    You and I did the same thing. I started over a year ago, then after Tarlok, I took a couple months off, got a new tablet, and wanted to give this another shot and level up from 36 to 41.

When I came back, lockeds went from 12k to 4k in auction and every gear piece was insanely high-priced. I farmed a ton, bought some plat and geared up my Warrior. I did decent on the Halloween event, but nowhere near those mutli-million levels. I would have done better, but with only 5 crafting slots, I could only do so much energy crafting as well as necro-crate crafting.

Now I'm dabbling in merching and farming when I get bored, just trying to reach that super-rich level to get a mythic weapon and to make Mr. Spendsalot look like a filthy common beggar. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I farm elites all day every day and don't get jack. My only real source of income was locks and now those pRices have significantly decreased
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I made ca. 100 elite Malison runs with elix and lepre and got no egg. Bu the last day I craftetd 3 grand gems from 10. So sometimes you have luck, sometimes not. But you have definitely no luck if always talking about making money and donīt play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ralchior View Post
    the only good way to make large sums of gold is A. Merching,
    Well some players actually want to log on to game.. to play not to merch just to get gold. If STS could only fix their quest rewards and empower back elite maps( which i think they are doing atm ) so it will be farmable again. This would alleviate the issues with non-plat spenders who want to get their hands on good gears.

Farming dragkin tooth is a good way to make some money but that will take you a month or 3 weeks unless you are lucky enough to collect 1 tooth per run.

Plat farmers are dead ( i hope so ) but its still possible to plat farm with the current plat offers. LEGALLY farm for plats... if anyone is clever enough to look at the offers they will figure it out how to do it.

just my 2c

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gensin View Post
    This is a real discussion, not a carnival. Since you didnt have any idea how much plat farming destroyed, i think you should set aside in the topic.
    I don't? c:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Might be a good idea at this point to ask urself "whose advice do I heed".

Perhaps a good place to start is to first figure out what advice to keep and what to discard. The emotionally grabbing ones make u pay attention - but how useful are they to you, what could listening to them achieve?

On the other hand replies like Limsy's may not be the most provocative but offers insight into a "cutting-edge" trend - consider it and u might just find your 1st 5-6m. Assuming u're going platless and starting from almost nothing, that's arguably the fastest above-board way for the very "now" - without waiting for an apple to drop in your lap. Why not stay active and check for lucky apples regularly.

Learning to navigate the time windows for profit (trends) can be very rewarding in itself. Have fun figuring it out, pay attention for the right reasons, and all the best.
    Last edited by Heiress; 11-10-2014 at 08:24 PM.

R E T I R E D . S P E E D . D E M O N

αβ H e i r e s s θΩ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Heiress For This Useful Post: