512 Posts

Default Planr Tombs Feedback

Triple nerf on the bosses asap.

Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The armor is just too much.. takes way to long to kill. Still.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I haven't beat the first boss yet, but I would have beat him but h reset when he had 1/10th health left. Getting him that low, however took me 100+ ankhs. The fireballs that those fire rings shoot 1 hit or 2 hit me if I'm lucky. If you are going to make the bosses so OP, please give them 500 armor and maybe 50k health. The should get so much damage, crazy health and a shield.

We know that you need players to buy plat but forcing us to buy plat or ankhs to re spawn by making elite impossible is NOT the solution. I have noticed this happening more and more, first with planar arena and then with Paracelsus Stage 2. Come on guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

First boss isn't that bad once you learn how to fight him. His normal attacks hit a bit too hard (almost one-hit even on combo with 1,516 armor). The DoT should be toned down, since, if you survive the initial attack, the DoT kills you immediately. I can totally live with the first tomb, and I actually think I will be farming there a lot.

Honestly, I don't like the map layout of the second tomb at all! Also, I found that the boss red zones are glitchy beyond belief. His attacks hit a bit too hard, and I can't understand why he has to spawn mobs on top of hitting so damn hard. It seems that everything has incredible HP and armor, almost to the point of absurdity.

Third boss, Hammer is grossly OP....everything about him, from HP, to attack strength, to stuns, boulders, pulls, spawning vines...everything leads to a miserable playing experience.

Overall, I am extremely unhappy with the tombs. The entire design and layout seems to be fixated on causing long, long runs, and one hit bosses, forcing players to spend plat/ankh. This is not a satisfactory design! This is not fun! This is not a "challenge", this is abusive to the player base. It seems that NONE of the feedback from the Test Server was incorporated.

Look at the arena introduction. If it wasn't for players complaining (which led to a small nerf), THAT was the design that STS favored. Force players to use Combo and revives just to complete the map and be competitive.

I'm sorry, but I'm an above average player with pretty good stats and was running with combo elixir in a competent party. If we struggle this mightily, how can the mainstream player possibly stand a chance here?

I am horribly disappointed that this is the direction the game is going. Way to take the fun out of it.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

5. The Following 38 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Yep, first boss was easy for me too. Map wasn't too hard. Second map much tougher, never made it to the boss due to d/c. I believe I can run the 2nd map though with a good party. Eliminate the mages and the pools go away. They were the only problems I had.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    First boss isn't that bad once you learn how to fight him. His normal attacks hit a bit too hard (almost one-hit even on combo with 1,516 armor). The DoT should be toned down, since, if you survive the initial attack, the DoT kills you immediately. I can totally live with the first tomb, and I actually think I will be farming there a lot.

Honestly, I don't like the map layout of the second tomb at all! Also, I found that the boss red zones are glitchy beyond belief. His attacks hit a bit too hard, and I can't understand why he has to spawn mobs on top of hitting so damn hard. It seems that everything has incredible HP and armor, almost to the point of absurdity.

Third boss, Hammer is grossly OP....everything about him, from HP, to attack strength, to stuns, boulders, pulls, spawning vines...everything leads to a miserable playing experience.

Overall, I am extremely unhappy with the tombs. The entire design and layout seems to be fixated on causing long, long runs, and one hit bosses, forcing players to spend plat/ankh. This is not a satisfactory design! This is not fun! This is not a "challenge", this is abusive to the player base. It seems that NONE of the feedback from the Test Server was incorporated.

Look at the arena introduction. If it wasn't for players complaining (which led to a small nerf), THAT was the design that STS favored. Force players to use Combo and revives just to complete the map and be competitive.

I'm sorry, but I'm an above average player with pretty good stats and was running with combo elixir in a competent party. If we struggle this mightily, how can the mainstream player possibly stand a chance here?

I am horribly disappointed that this is the direction the game is going. Way to take the fun out of it.
    If only Sts listened to your amazing idea a few months back.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to karrdath For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

So, we have all seen (and sort of expected) how the Nekro questline would turn out - requiring something super rare that is exclusive to locked crates. The hopes we (the community) had in something challenging, but farmable in elites has evaporated after realizing that the elite dropped crafting components hold little to no value. Unfortunately, this turns the questline bascially into pop locked and loot Fossil, or buy Fossil from auction, then craft Nekro.<br />
    <br />
    With that said, below is my suggestion on how STS can create a new series of quests and crafting to really reinvigorate elite farming, provide farmers a respectable source of revenue and encourage players to actually play the content of the game, instead of spending their time merching or opening locked crates to get ahead.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I imagine crafted eggs ranging in value from 1m for the Legendary to 10m for the Arcane, so long as the hatched pet's Happiness Bonus and Arcane Ability support this level of pricing.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Notes</b><br />
    I updated this post to reflect some good ideas that Crowsfoot had (there you go Crow). If anyone has other suggestions, please feel free to post them and I will update this suggestion accordingly.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>The Research Assistant</b><br />
    <br />
    The Research Assistant has been tasked by Paracelsus to collect specimens for research. This NPC is a rare spawn (similar to portals) after defeating Elite Tindirin Bosses. When he spawns, he will offer you a quest to assist him in collecting recipe scraps from ALL elite bosses throughout Arlor. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Collecting Recipe Scraps</b><br />
    These recipe scraps are a secondary drop (like Drakin Teeth) and can be affected by Reroll Elixirs to improve drop rate. You will be required to collect a scrap from each elite boss starting in Brackenridge Forest and continuing through Rockhorn Summit.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Receiving Your Egg Recipe</b><br />
    When you have collected every scrap, return the quest to Paracelsus. He will ask you for an egg as a binding material, and 50k gold (Alchemy isn't cheap you know). The rarity of the egg changes the probability of the resulting recipe. So, utilizing a common egg yields a very low chance for an Arcane Egg Recipe; however, a Mythic Egg (like Ripmaw) doesn't guarantee a high level egg recipe. The recipe type will be a luck based roll, similar to the functionality of Locked Crates. <br />
    <br />
    Below is a table that provides a suggestion on egg inputs and resulting recipe outputs:<br />
    <br />
    Common Eggs and all Legendary Eggs Rewarded By Klaas-&gt; 5% <font color="#FF0000">Arcane</font>, 5% <font color="#FF8C00">Mythic</font>, 90% <font color="#EE82EE">Legendary</font><br />
    Epic and Legendary Eggs found in Normal Maps (non-elite) -&gt; 5% <font color="#FF0000">Arcane</font>, 10% <font color="#FF8C00">Mythic</font>, 85% <font color="#EE82EE">Legendary</font><br />
    Legendary Eggs found in Elite Maps from Elite Brakenridge through Elite Dead City -&gt; 10% <font color="#FF0000">Arcane</font>, 25% <font color="#FF8C00">Mythic</font>, 65% <font color="#EE82EE">Legendary</font><br />
    Mythic Eggs and Legendary Eggs found in Elite Maps from Kraken and Up -&gt; 15% <font color="#FF0000">Arcane</font>, 35% <font color="#FF8C00">Mythic</font>, 50% <font color="#EE82EE">Legendary</font><br />
    <br />
    These are single use recipes, and each recipe has it's own crafting requirements. All recipes will need Vials of Ectoplasm, Gems, Drakin Teeth, etc., but based on the rarity level of the recipe, the crafting components differ.<br />
    <br />
    These recipes must be tradeable/sellable/stashable!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Crafting Your Egg</b><br />
    Obviously, the crafting requirements for an Arcane egg will be significant. I imagine we would need perhaps 150 Drakin Teeth, 20 Vials of Ectoplasm, 10 Blood, Fire and Glacial gems, an Elite Golden Dragon Chest and 3 days in crafting time. Crafting this egg will consume all the crafting materials, including the recipe.<br />
    <br />
    The Mythic egg would take 100 Drakin Teeth, 15 Vials of Ectoplasm, 7 of each gem type and an Elite Silver Dragon Chest. Crafting time should be 2 days.<br />
    <br />
    The Legendary egg would take 50 Drakin Teeth, 10 Vials of Ectoplams, 5 of each gem type and an Elite Copper Dragon Chest. Crafting time should be 1 day.<br />
    <br />
    <b>The key point here is that Drakin Teeth are a primary material for egg crafting. Because Drakin Teeth are bound to the player, you actually have to spend time grinding in order to acquire all the material needed for crafting. This will control the deflation in value of the crafted eggs, so should provide farmers a long-term, viable revenue stream.</b><br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Crafting Restrictions</b><br />
    You can not start a new recipe quest if you have an egg crafting. You also cannot take more than one recipe quest in a three day period.<br />
    <br />
    You can buy off the three day wait period with gold or platinum, but this restriction must be in place to control downward pricing pressure from overfarming.<br />
    <br />
    The intent is to create high value items for farmers, so there is a reliable revenue stream for those that grind and run elites. I imagine these eggs ranging in value from 2m for the Legendary to 10m for the Arcane, so long as the hatched pet's Happiness Bonus and Arcane Ability support this level of pricing.<br />
    <br />
    Recipe pricing should be less than half the value of the crafted egg.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Benefits To Community And Farmers</b><br />
    * Since the recipe questline can only be received while farming Elite Tindirin, this will obviously spark interest in farming here.<br />
    * The recipe scraps are scattered across every elite boss, so this will require parties to run all maps once again (instead of the same 5 or 6 that we always farm).<br />
    * Season 1 and 2 eggs will increase in value, since they are base material for crafting these new eggs.<br />
    * Vials of Ectoplasm will increase in value, since they will be needed for all eggs, including Nekro.<br />
    * Gem crafters will see their gems increase in value, since gems are needed for crafting.<br />
    * Drakin Teeth will actually be a valuable commodity!<br />
    * Elite Dragon Chests will increase in value, since they are the housing element for crafting eggs.<br />
    * Because Drakin Teeth are bound to the player, you cannot just buy your way into all crafting materials!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>Benefit To STS</b><br />
    * Encourage players to play the content of the game.<br />
    * Increased Reroll Elixir/Kit purchases.<br />
    * Increased Platinum Revives (for tougher maps)<br />
    * Increased Combo/DMG/Armor Elixirs (mostly for the tougher maps)<br />
    * Increased HP/Mana pot expenditures (gold sink)<br />
    * Players will spend platinum/story tokens on inventory slots<br />
    * Controls deflation of value in early season eggs<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <b>The Junior Alchemist</b><br />
    <br />
    Add a second Alchemist NPC as a rare spawn on all Elite Nordr and Shuyal maps. This Alchemist will grant special Gem Recipes. These Gem Recipes will be single use items to craft very rare Gems, which can range from Armor Gems, Crit Gems, Mana Gems, etc. The crafting material would be Blood/Fire/Glacial Essences, but in large volume, so for instance 50 Blood Essences for an Armor Gem. Both the Recipe and crafted gem could be traded/sold/stashed.<br />
    <br />
    This Alchemist would be a limited time spawn, disappearing at the end of this season. At points in the future, STS could resurrect the Alchemist to grant the same recipes again, or even new recipes.<br />
    <br />
    This will create a secondary gem market, and encourage more players to farm Nordr and Shuyal.<br/>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

1st boss easy? O.o
    I made it past him but honestly can we call easy spending 25+ kits on just one boss for nothing?
    If he attacks you are dead there is no way around it. 1st attack removes 3/4 hp before you can recover to full hp, second dot( which is fast as hell) deplects another 3/4 hp and you are dead. He crits and you are dead. Move and you are dead. Die. Revive. Die. Revive. Die. Revive. Die. Revive just to die again and again hoping all the party doesn't die together and boss resets. Minimum 100k+/ run BAM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I agree it's turning out to be not so fun.. even in the arena to get the stuff for the pendant it's not fun. I've used over 100 ankhs today, and today is only the first day. I am out of gold and out of plat. What ankhs i have left are supposed to get me through more runs..yea no! STS is seeing dollar signs, I am seeing end of game.
    Last edited by Raregem; 11-13-2014 at 04:43 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raregem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I agree it's turning out to be not so fun.. even in the arena to get the stuff for the pendant it's not fun. I've used over 100 ankhs today, and today is only the first day. I am out of gold out and plat and what ankhs i have left are supposed to get me through more runs..yea no! STS seeing dollar signs, I am seeing end of game.
    I agree....I do not support the direction this game is heading.

I will play out the remainder of my platinum, and when it's done, I'm done. As a parting shot, perhaps I will hold an epic contest, giving away everything that I have amassed in game. The least I can do is give to the community all that is Kalizzaa....perhaps it will bring a small measure of joy to a bunch of players.

I'm just disheartened that this is how my time here will play out...spamming revenge and burning up combo elixirs on OP bosses and DCs. I guess my time was coming, but still, sad to see the end of the road approaching.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Let's look on the bright side here, fellas: At least we don't need to kill those bosses for new amulet ingredients. Provided, of course, that STS didn't change the recipe in the meantime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I agree....I do not support the direction this game is heading.

I will play out the remainder of my platinum, and when it's done, I'm done. As a parting shot, perhaps I will hold an epic contest, giving away everything that I have amassed in game. The least I can do is give to the community all that is Kalizzaa....perhaps it will bring a small measure of joy to a bunch of players.

I'm just disheartened that this is how my time here will play out...spamming revenge and burning up combo elixirs on OP bosses and DCs. I guess my time was coming, but still, sad to see the end of the road approaching.
    Maintain your position soldier. If players like you start leaving that would mean AL can be trashcanned with no regrets.

STG must listen to the feedbacks.

Another madness i dont get is:
    In the planar arena where you can loot a arcane item the bosses are significantly weaker than the ones in the planar tombs where you have to work really hard, putting much time to get any of the items and the rarity cap is set at mythic.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 11-13-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I think they are making stuff like the arena and now the tombs for the level 46 cap and just releasing it now as far as difficulty goes, so they don't have to adjust it later. That doesn't work here though. Why not just raise the cap, we don't need a new area. We have the arena we have tombs we need to be the right level with the right gear to fight in it.

Im not opposed to dying but, geez... Raise the cap give us the gear or lower the difficulty in both arena and tombs. And I mean the one-shots...

Yes, we have new gear that is "supposed" to take care of all the issues BUT you have to run the area 100s of times first to get that gear. It doesn't make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Maintain your position soldier. If players like you start leaving that would mean AL can be trashcanned with no regrets.

STG must listen to the feedbacks.

Another madness i dont get is:
    In the planar arena where you can loot a arcane item the bosses are significantly weaker than the ones in the planar tombs where you have to work really hard, putting much time to get any of the items and the rarity cap is set at mythic.
    You can't loot an arcane item in the arena. If you could, someone would have by now. It was just a ploy to get people to spend plat on ankhs.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Good,

I just rage bought 1,000 ankhs after spending 200 on the third boss. What do you think? Will it be enough for 5 runs? I seriously do not get what STG is thinking. Why do the customers have to be the guinea pigs and waste OUR hard earned gold to give STG feedback that they should have gotten in the test server.

I'm with you, Kali. When you hop on the quitting boat, save a spot for me please.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  521.3 KB
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I haven't tried the arena yet, I don't want to either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

If Kalizzaa and Zeus both leave then it's a shame on STS. Both have inspired many in this game and are like ambassadors. GG STS you really know how to bring joy to your player base.

APPLAUDS DEVS!
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Still waiting for a feedback sts...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

' I thought I was the only one who had to burn 100+ ankhs on the first boss, apparently not. The arena and tombs are a blatant gold/plat sink and STS is insulting not only the top 10% of players by making endgame content that requires 200k+ gold to complete one run but also the other 90% of players who literally cannot play because of the difficulty! As far as im aware nobody ever asked for elite tombs, ever. Since the arena uupdate all the people i've spoken too are unhappy they have lost a fun farming area and enjoyed the old arena. NOBODY runs the new one because lets face it the gear sucks, the bosses are OP and Nekro is extinct. As a few people have already said this is the beginning of the end for AL. All the feedback from the test server was regarding dc's and difficulty levels with neither being fixed which is hugely disappointing being ignored again. Ill probably run tomb 2+3 just for the AP but then never go to the tombs again and wait to buy an amulet if anybody actually manages to craft one. Sts must know the difference between a fun challenge that makes people engage and work together to achieve something and a 30 minute + haul wasting all hard earnt gold for absolutely no return. For me this game has gone $90................$90........... XD $90....... $90.........$90......xD
    $90.... $90.....$90..... $90
    $90.. $90.. $90..$90.. $90..:|
    $90. $90. $90.$90. $90. $90
    $90$90$90$90$90$90$90 >
    RAGEQUIT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuorsyra View Post
    Still waiting for a feedback sts...
    They are 'looking into it' *snore*

Have the vials dropped yet? Fossil from master chests anyone ? ANYONE??? Zzzzzz drop rate.

STS, you made an amazing Halloween event and majority of the community was so happy, then you take two steps back. Y U DO THIS ?
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1