Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guys, chill out. Seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Justg that thread was not useful to determine any problem, lots of player are not using forum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mapenjay For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I agree with you there. It's just that we can't chill out when we know there's something really wrong going on here. But as said, patience is a virtue.
    The dead cannot be killed.
    Ft. Nuisanze, Crucifixxion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Why not getting old client?? StG, fix your contents while we all at least can play old contents.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mapenjay View Post
    Justg that thread was not useful to determine any problem, lots of player are not using forum
    ^^^. Only a small percentage of AL uses forums. Frequently to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    To go back to the disconnects... Clients disconnect from the game all the time. If you are playing on a phone and you get a call you can be disconnected. If the user simply hits their home button, to the server, you just disconnected. I am not saying that it isn't happening. Something is, but it isn't everyone. I get that from your perspective it seems like everyone, but from.my perspective of looking at the server metrics, it looks like a normal Thursday evening with thousands of players online and playing.

Possibly the worst thing you could have said to try and appease the community, I'm afraid.

We are talking about people who have played the game daily for 1-2 years. They know the difference between normal d/c by accidental click or phone calls, and a serious problem, which is what is clearly happening now. To even imply this is user error or normal game behaviour (even with a "not saying this is the issue, but we see nothing odd") is insulting to the entire section of the player community and client base who are having issues.

I posted in another thread with suggestions on how to give feedback that may help track down what part of this new content is glitching people out. However, as Heiress pointed out, it is your developers' jobs to communicate with the community and get the data necessary, since they don't run tracking on the live server, not the players' responsibility.

Personally I believe it's content based, since all the d/c I have seen (I have only seen them in map 1, personally) have been consistently at the same spot. However, I don't experience this bug (only pinged out once), and made sure our party only did small pulls. Apparently the larger the pulls. the more D/C. Again this points to something in the mobs that is triggering crashes.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Possibly the worst thing you could have said to try and appease the community, I'm afraid.

We are talking about people who have played the game daily for 1-2 years. They know the difference between normal d/c by accidental click or phone calls, and a serious problem, which is what is clearly happening now. To even imply this is user error or normal game behaviour (even with a "not saying this is the issue, but we see nothing odd") is insulting to the entire section of the player community and client base who are having issues.

I posted in another thread with suggestions on how to give feedback that may help track down what part of this new content is glitching people out. However, as Heiress pointed out, it is your developers' jobs to communicate with the community and get the data necessary, since they don't run tracking on the live server, not the players' responsibility.

Personally I believe it's content based, since all the d/c I have seen (I have only seen them in map 1, personally) have been consistently at the same spot. However, I don't experience this bug (only pinged out once), and made sure our party only did small pulls. Apparently the larger the pulls. the more D/C. Again this points to something in the mobs that is triggering crashes.
    ^^ what Sera said...

The regular long time players in the AL community certainly aren't dodos

(Lol, maybe we are since we still play but some of us just love to hang out with all the wonderful friends we have made from around the globe)
    Last edited by leoakre; 11-15-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yes actually I've been testing lag in tindirin wilds and there happens something strange, when not attacking mobs or being attacked by them my ping was about 250. In the moment when I started attacking mobs ping rised up to 4000 and sometimes I got dc. In towns my lag is very unstable and I sometimes get dc too. Mobs or high population looks like are triggering my lag. Before the new version of the game appeared, my ping was green in all those cases. Now I can only chat safely in a map when I'm using a ghost party, but when I'm alone in guild hall I often get high ping or disconnections too. I'm pretty confused... Do y'all think this info is relevant enough to post it on the official thread where we report our experiences lagging or it's "just me"?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    Agreed. All this anecdotal evidence about players just randomly DCing at any moment is just that, unscientific.

So what if I know a player that still hasnt made it to the final boss of tomb 1 after 10+ attempts.
    Or that I and another pt member DC at the first pull on my first run at the tombs? guess our cats tripped the powerbar. The pt member that hit 110k ping and managed to come back before DC, only to get DC at the boss? most def her kid poured water on the router to get her attention.

I will admit one of my DCs was due to my battery dying though, So I guess that one wasnt their fault.

Dont worry. Ima chill though. games free after all.
    Free too log in, not much else.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Maybe the damage level is causing the d/c. Reduce it and maybe the d/c will reduce. Its a win win. If it doesn't work it's still a win. While you're at it please give me about 200 ankhs back.
    Regards,
    Kingofninjas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Yes, the "Chill-out" comment arrives
    When players started to chill-out, mostly it means staying more in forum than in games or playing/looking for other games. Then the decline starts.
    Please don't let the players "chill-out". Hot headed players means that the game is on demand and the sign of frustrations means the customers loves your product and can't get enough of it. The DC issue here is the problem, and putting the pressure on the devs is a must because everyone wants a quality product. The customers don't really care on how they do it, its the output that counts. So what if they had debugging, disconnect logs from server metrics etc, as long as they didn'y solved the issue it has no effect. But when the players started not to care about it aka "chilled-out", then it means that the game is no longer appealing or they found a new one.

Get into trouble, fight, love....live - d'Artagnan
    Well there is People who have put ALOT and I do mean ALOT!!!!! Of money into the game that they currently can't even play.... Yeah I'd be ticked off too...
    Last edited by CheifR; 11-16-2014 at 04:13 AM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Hmm...

Jack and Jill went in the Tombs
    To fetch a mythic recipe
    Jack got smacked and used his Ankhs
    Jill got smacked soon after he

Up Jack got but Jill did not
    As revenge revive ran low
    Jack got stunned as Jill lagged on
    And dead from another blow

Jack repawned in a poison pond
    As Jill relogged with a curse
    He wound up dead yet again
    As STS ran away with their purse

FML...THE BOSS RESET!
    That is the best post I have ever read in my entire life ever..
    Using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CheifR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    ^^ what Sera said...

The regular long time players in the AL community certainly aren't dodos

(Lol, maybe we are since we still play but some of us just love to hang out with all the wonderful friends we have made from around the globe)
    ^^^^^^^^ especially when we meet players like ya LEO, and ur SIG makes me go OMGGGGGGG

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Raselph For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

STS, you need to start a survey, gather data, and try to put the pieces together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

I will say this, a bunch of us spent countless hours on the weekend trying to figure out what's up w/ the game. When Sam said he can't see on their end the problem we all raged. Guess what? It's actually true to a degree. It's what is called 'grey failure' which means the game will work when they try it but it does not work for more and more of the customers. They KNOW they are losing packets off their VMS and that's why we are disconnecting, but it's complicated to find out why. It could be several different issues from the server code to a vSwitch configuration mistake.

Also, sad to say after reading more and more about AWS, I did see that they are not as reliable as we assume. The Virginia location being notorious for packet loss and even false reports about the positive operational status of an instance.

My point here is that StS KNOWS something is wrong, and yes Sam did push our buttons.. but really I'm sure they are beyond frustrated like we are in repairing this game. What's next, that is what we all want to hear. How do we collectively as a community move forward? Seems like there are many sentiments we would like to see such as:

1. Remiem needs to make a thread with daily updates on the disconnection repair. Give us some of the technical details as well, it helps a lot of us understand what's going on better than 'the cat stepped on the router'

2. Compensate the players. I researched what other games have done when their game breaks down to this degree, it's a kind gesture to let the players know you do care. Give all level 41 players some plat or ankh kits to say sorry for the disconnections we have experienced.

3. Fix the tombs. I'm sorry but there is no strategy on Tomb3 except bring a lot of means to revive. We hate it.

4. Make the mythic amulet RECIPE purchasable off an NPC. You will see some really happy players once again. We understand you are trying to find the perfect balance between creating a profitable game and it being fun. You lost a lot of love when you put that recipe out of reach after we spend millions of gold or thousands of plat and a lot of days/weeks grinding for the ingredients. We need the recipe in our hands.

5. Get back into the game. Remiem is very kind and will pop on arcane legends, and we love her for that. Where are the devs? You guys used to come into the games so much more often and we love it! Come in and see it from a player's perspective once again.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 11-16-2014 at 02:07 PM.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Absolutely true...we are playing from 2 years and we know the d/c types,.

I think probably the game has come to a end.
    Because they don't know what's the problem is,,so there's no way in solving it.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

STS answer me one thing..why did you launch a new content when the game is un-playable with d/c.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasit Prahi View Post
    STS answer me one thing..why did you launch a new content when the game is un-playable with d/c.
    I think they were hoping (because it DID happen before), the DC's would disappear again. You are right they probably don't have the underlying issue pinpointed yet which is why we haven't seen a fix. I am curious though because the test server was supposedly on their isolated test network, and it was disconnecting and they fixed it. So why is it not fixed on them all? We just have zero technical feedback so we are all grasping at straws.

Hope this week we see some light from StS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    I think they were hoping (because it DID happen before), the DC's would disappear again. You are right they probably don't have the underlying issue pinpointed yet which is why we haven't seen a fix. I am curious though because the test server was supposedly on their isolated test network, and it was disconnecting and they fixed it. So why is it not fixed on them all? We just have zero technical feedback so we are all grasping at straws.

Hope this week we see some light from StS!
    Yes I too hope the same but there are many questions on my mind.

If they know that this d/c might come on main server they should have first solved the issue?or else they have to be ready as they know the issue and there should be a solution for it and they should know because they have already solved it on test server.?

And now they answer like we don't see any fault in our servers,rat stepping our routers...phone call...I dont understand those silly answers lmafo.
    I loved AL as much like in old days when I wanna play AL elites I used to switch on my airplane mode and used to play so that I don't get distracted from phone calls and now I don't even have AL app in my phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post

4. Make the mythic amulet purchasable off an NPC. You will see some really happy players once again. We understand you are trying to find the perfect balance between creating a profitable game and it being fun. You lost a lot of love when you put that recipe out of reach after we spend millions of gold or thousands of plat and a lot of days/weeks grinding for the ingredients. We need the recipe in our hands.
    I am sincerely hoping you just left out the word "recipe" in the first sentence here. Making the amulet purchaseable would be a total mistake.

They also stated they planned for the recipe to be the hardest thing to obtain. I think you're going from one extreme to the other with this, when all they need to do is make the drop rate something reasonable.

We have seen them make mistakes in the past with making drop rates too high for the amount of people running. The tombs have not even been out for a week yet, and they have already announced they will be fixing this to give people a reasonable chance. we have been asking for a year and a half for a quest that takes time and effort. Let them do their jobs and adjust the drop rates before demanding the ability to buy the parts straight out.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

I am sincerely hoping you just left out the word "recipe" in the first sentence here. Making the amulet purchaseable would be a total mistake.

They also stated they planned for the recipe to be the hardest thing to obtain. I think you're going from one extreme to the other with this, when all they need to do is make the drop rate something reasonable.

We have seen them make mistakes in the past with making drop rates too high for the amount of people running. The tombs have not even been out for a week yet, and they have already announced they will be fixing this to give people a reasonable chance. we have been asking for a year and a half for a quest that takes time and effort. Let them do their jobs and adjust the drop rates before demanding the ability to buy the parts straight out.
    Yep going back to fix now. Thanks Ser.