Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Guys, chill out. Seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Default Guys, chill out. Seriously.

The Devs are frustrated and are working as hard as they can. Stop complaining and pressuring them. This is reality, they cant fix things in a matter of a snap. They are real people to, trying to work, so guys just chill out, and wait a bit. So stop with the raging threads, think about good things, and just chill. I admit as well, things are annoying, but just wait.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to obee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

^ ^ drinks pepsi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

have a kitkat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Ankh kits refund.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

I've spent thousands of dollars of my money on the game. I run a successful guild and have been a supporter of sts games for years. All I want to do is play tombs and go hard right now. Want to show people how to skill up and run with the big dogs. To have constant interruption of the game is very frustrating. Sorry but I'm tired of them telling us to post our device and connection like that has anything to do with fixing the jacked server. It's on their end they need to own it and fix it and stop jerking us around. As fade said in another thread they are trying to pull the leg of a population full of network engineers, programmers, and a plethora of gamers in the IT industry and we all see past their wall of shame..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Candylicks, I understand you are frustrated. I am frustrated too. We all want the game to run smooth. We are committed to that.

To go back to the disconnects... Clients disconnect from the game all the time. If you are playing on a phone and you get a call you can be disconnected. If the user simply hits their home button, to the server, you just disconnected. I am not saying that it isn't happening. Something is, but it isn't everyone. I get that from your perspective it seems like everyone, but from.my perspective of looking at the server metrics, it looks like a normal Thursday evening with thousands of players online and playing.

Also, the live game server isn't running a bunch of debugging and "extra" stuff to help us track things down. It is stripped down to run fast. Now, we can (and are in the process of) adding more in to help us understand what is going on, but that isn't done haphazardly. We don't want to introduce more issues.

All I can ask for is your patience and understanding. For that I am grateful. Again, our apologies that the game is making you frustrated.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Better set those servers up to run RAID 10

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentavia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Split to more than 1 server ?

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Candylicks, I understand you are frustrated. I am frustrated too. We all want the game to run smooth. We are committed to that.

To go back to the disconnects... Clients disconnect from the game all the time. If you are playing on a phone and you get a call you can be disconnected. If the user simply hits their home button, to the server, you just disconnected. I am not saying that it isn't happening. Something is, but it isn't everyone. I get that from your perspective it seems like everyone, but from.my perspective of looking at the server metrics, it looks like a normal Thursday evening with thousands of players online and playing.

Also, the live game server isn't running a bunch of debugging and "extra" stuff to help us track things down. It is stripped down to run fast. Now, we can (and are in the process of) adding more in to help us understand what is going on, but that isn't done haphazardly. We don't want to introduce more issues.

All I can ask for is your patience and understanding. For that I am grateful. Again, our apologies that the game is making you frustrated.
    GoGo Sam.

It would be nice of StG if you guys refund us the kits we wasted today when everything calms down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Agreed. All this anecdotal evidence about players just randomly DCing at any moment is just that, unscientific.

So what if I know a player that still hasnt made it to the final boss of tomb 1 after 10+ attempts.
    Or that I and another pt member DC at the first pull on my first run at the tombs? guess our cats tripped the powerbar. The pt member that hit 110k ping and managed to come back before DC, only to get DC at the boss? most def her kid poured water on the router to get her attention.

I will admit one of my DCs was due to my battery dying though, So I guess that one wasnt their fault.

Dont worry. Ima chill though. games free after all.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

People who say chilling is the right thing to do never probably encountered a developer-client scenario. The client (aka we people) are not gonna chill because STS is working hard. I understand the OP is an ardent supporter of STS. So am I. I quit the game and then came back. The AL community might have "chilled" if we did see any improvement. The DC issue has escalated quickly over the past few months.
    And everytime its the same response "server side is ok client side is not." Giving non sensical reaponses as going to dinner is absurd and not to mention insulting.
    STS have you ever considered that if u r not finding anything on your reports and people still are complaining maybe it could be a faulty equipments or something. If you are not finding doesn't mean its not happening.
    Review your process. The last few ardent supporters beg you this(yes beg) cause if not ,you are gonna find a handful of retired forummers chilling here.

P.s. often at times while opening forum page I get a database error. Maybe look into the db and check its efficiency?
    Last edited by Anarchial; 11-14-2014 at 01:08 AM.
    Cause Anarchial causes only ANARCHY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post

When there are 3 people in planar tombs the game doesn't dc..
    when 4 people in pt.. game ping goes 120k suddenly. .
    believe me.. its not a device or my connection issue..
    there maybe problem in client too...
    Below my device details..
    IGN: Linkincena
    Name:  Screenshot_2014-11-14-12-20-53.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  45.3 KB
    Last edited by Linkincena; 11-14-2014 at 01:51 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I guess I am one of the lucky few who has not dc during an elite run then. My ping has spiked only twice and both times I was able to restart the browser and get back in. Not an issue for me but since it is for pretty much everyone else, it probably is an issue on the server's side and not ours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I guess I am one of the lucky few who has not dc during an elite run then. My ping has spiked only twice and both times I was able to restart the browser and get back in. Not an issue for me but since it is for pretty much everyone else, it probably is an issue on the server's side and not ours.
    Whats ur device and OS?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Im playing on my pc, i never get bad connection on my pc, it stays around average 180 ping

In planar tombs it gets to the point of dc, random ping spike... i refresh the page and chrome gets me back to beginning of the tomb but how is that a solution?

Obviously if i randomly get a ping spike and refreshing the page gets it back to 180 ping, the problem isnt on my end, my connection is just fine.

Edit: Lol on on a second thought maybe its a chrome issue? -.-
    Last edited by matanofx; 11-14-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hello everyone! We have been seeing another increase in reports of lag and disconnections from Arcane Legends. We are looking into this and will do everything we can to resolve the problem quickly so that you guys can get back to a really great play experience.

We ask that you first attempt all of the troubleshooting tips here: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/...eriencing-lag- before submitting a report. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, there is some specific information you can give us that will make the troubleshooting process on our end go exponentially faster. Please reply below with the following information:

- Estimated time when the lag or disconnection occurred
    - Character Name
    - Type or device and OS. You can usually find your OS version in your settings.
    - # of players in party and map you were on when experiencing lag or disconnects
    - Description of the problem. What exactly happened?
    - When did your connection issues begin? (date)
    - Have they tried playing on a different internet connection? (WiFi vs 3g vs 4g)

Example Reply:

Estimated Lag Time: 20 seconds
    Character Name: Remiem
    Device & OS: Apple, iPad Air v7.0.6
    # of Players: 5
    Description of the problem: I experience really bad lag when clashing in a CTF room
    When did your connection issues begin? September 7, 2014
    Have they tried playing on a different internet connection? Tried 3g and wifi

-----

Thank you for your continued patience as we work on the issue.
    Hope this helps
    BAKLOLZ
    Guild Master of Immaculate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

Lol everyone try 3g that will fix it.

Guys the problem is not on our end it's theirs. That thread of posting your device is laughable at this point.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

I can't even log-in after the new patch that came this Monday. I played from my PC ( using keyboard..... my fingers damn) and I think I'm the only person who likes the new content. I didn't dc and I didn't have any re-patching issues before. But I can't play from my phone and that's frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    I can't even log-in after the new patch that came this Monday. I played from my PC ( using keyboard..... my fingers damn) and I think I'm the only person who likes the new content. I didn't dc and I didn't have any re-patching issues before. But I can't play from my phone and that's frustrating.
    same, i love the new content, but night time here gotta sleep xD and i got DC too for the 1st time actually...until i realized that my Laptop battery died xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

It's unplayable for me. My internet service provider is getting ticked off alrd with my constant complaints..... kidding
    duck dynasty falls