Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pay to Play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Funny thing is the people who just farm essences and crates during events make more gold than the ones shooting for the leaderboard. While making the leaderboard may be pay to win the farmers seem to come out better during events without paying anything.

If this content was released with revives only being available with plat I'd have a problem with it but you can buy with gold.

I do agree with you tho about having items drop every time instead of randomly. Just was sharing my opinions.
    Last edited by Wutzgood; 11-14-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Edit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Answers in purple
    Hahahahhah, you guys are always thinking negative, don't you understand?
    Winning is not always a must.
    Arcane Legends is F2P but not F2W
    I just said that you ca enjoy Arcane Legends without spending any real money, playing events and getting some elixirs for FREE!
    So you can enjoy events like everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pillowhead View Post
    I just said that you ca enjoy Arcane Legends without spending any real money, playing events and getting some elixirs for FREE!
    No one comes to a game to experience loss. This isn't a matter of whether you *can* spend money, it's whether you *have* spent money and what you are getting/have gotten in return for it. Here you have many players who have put in real money and essentially made real purchases towards a "product". Not uncommonly, u're looking at thousands of dollars per geared player involved. I think it's fair to say those players expect returns to be in proportion or near to their spend, a product that works for starters. There is something called "duty of care" in regards to product liability, go read up about it.
    Last edited by Heiress; 11-14-2014 at 04:21 PM.

R E T I R E D . S P E E D . D E M O N

αβ H e i r e s s θΩ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Funny thing is the people who just farm essences and crates during events make more gold than the ones shooting for the leaderboard. While making the leaderboard may be pay to win the farmers seem to come out better during events without paying anything.

If this content was released with revives only being available with plat I'd have a problem with it but you can buy with gold.

I do agree with you tho about having items drop every time instead of randomly. Just was sharing my opinions.
    I'm one of those farmers. All I did pretty much was farm during event and I have to admit a lot of that gold gets sunk into anks,elixers ect.. Making it somewhat counterproductive
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Correction. We can enjoy events every 8 hours or until we farm for hours for minutes of fun
    Last edited by CheifR; 11-14-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I played year ago in winter event it was cool, without energy etc. everyone could win, portals just spawning after killed boss on each map I really want it back, sts only want money, money $$..
    Ok plats for lockeds and elixirs it's ok but in event? this sucks with energy i prefer previous winter event, not now with "buy platinium (energy) to win"..
    And DC's is terrible... Make few servers to play, not all(players) in one.
    It is a good idea i think

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

The Legend games aren't following their initial route of F2P. Yes, it is F2P but not free to win.

It's impossible to find any free MMO's... they're "freemium" for a reason. Learn to have fun or find a different game that you spend money on that's balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    The Legend games aren't following their initial route of F2P. Yes, it is F2P but not free to win.

It's impossible to find any free MMO's... they're "freemium" for a reason. Learn to have fun or find a different game that you spend money on that's balanced.
    This used to be that game...
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Events: if you want to play the event content u need energy, energy costs plat.

Arena: if you want to play here u need ankhs, ankhs cost plat

Planar tombs: if you want to play here you need ankhs and possibly elixirs both of which cost plat.

Arcane legends is hugely advertised as a free to play game.....

I have been playing this game since may or june 2013 and i am certainly noticing a trend

With every new content release or event this game becomes slightly more pay to play.......

I also have a gripe with this everything being luck based.....
    lets look at the new "purely farmable" mythic pendant

you need a recipe which u can loot if your lucky. what the actual drop rate is is unforeseen
    next you need essences from 3 certain bosses, also not a guanteed drop, and based on luck
    next you need essences which are not a guaranteed drop
    and lastly you need dragkin teeth also not a guaranteed drop.

Im pretty sure most people feel as i do and would rather have the total# of ingredients needed raised example: from 60-120 essences, BUT you are GUARANTEED 1 drop per run.....
    You can farm energy. Ankhs are purchasable with gold. Elixers are also purchasable with gold or free from klaas and shazbot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

We are all right and infact sts is also right but with their own perspective.
    We can only beat the game by being smart.
    I was foolish and managed only four of my players (41's) to glod tier.
    Then i saw new players making more money than me simply by twinking and reaching plat tier easily.
    Also i can't pvp at 41 which is what i loved most in dl and sl.
    Then i see after season 2 i can again pvp at twink levels and have started enjoying the game again.
    I wanna start my twink pvp guild now.
    As for the planar event the moment i tested it on test server i sold my blood ruby and bought twink gear.
    Python 41 Arcanesteel 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Sorry, nothing has changed. Items purchasable by plat are also available to you by gold.
    Point well made.
    The dead cannot be killed.
    Ft. Nuisanze, Crucifixxion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

yeah. u said the reason I quitted aafter urosth event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

1. Energy is farmable.

2. ankhs are available for gold.

3. elixir is given for free daily, also available for gold.

You can do darn well without spending a single dollar on this game.
    All you need is time and passion for the game .
    For how much time you will get good items to farm and sell for how much, considering most of the items from tindirin maps are cheap. Not all of us are having enough time to farm bro. Yes u can buy those elixers and energy kits for which it came from? Plat right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    Events: if you want to play the event content u need energy, energy costs plat.

Arena: if you want to play here u need ankhs, ankhs cost plat

Planar tombs: if you want to play here you need ankhs and possibly elixirs both of which cost plat.

Arcane legends is hugely advertised as a free to play game.....

I have been playing this game since may or june 2013 and i am certainly noticing a trend

With every new content release or event this game becomes slightly more pay to play.......

I also have a gripe with this everything being luck based.....
    lets look at the new "purely farmable" mythic pendant

you need a recipe which u can loot if your lucky. what the actual drop rate is is unforeseen
    next you need essences from 3 certain bosses, also not a guanteed drop, and based on luck
    next you need essences which are not a guaranteed drop
    and lastly you need dragkin teeth also not a guaranteed drop.

Im pretty sure most people feel as i do and would rather have the total# of ingredients needed raised example: from 60-120 essences, BUT you are GUARANTEED 1 drop per run.....

Long story short, with a very hard difficulty and constant one shots ankhs are basically a requirement now.

Regardless if you buy ankhs with platinum or gold,either way you have to buy them.....and that makes it "PAY TO PLAY"

I feel you bro. If it feels like quitting, ping me so we can ride the boat together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

There isn't much passion left in this game for casual gamers who want to give the endgame a try and for those who do some locked farming (pro-casual?). The gap is too big between pro-casual and the full-out endgamers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    There isn't much passion left in this game for casual gamers who want to give the endgame a try and for those who do some locked farming (pro-casual?). The gap is too big between pro-casual and the full-out endgamers.
    Bro the gap between full-out endgamers and devs with kill all button is too big. Losing interest now after full arcane pt with 2 arcane rings and sns ragequits doing daily on boss 1 tombs. Couldn't stun towers for shet,one hit a full arcane tank mwahaha stupid game

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Hahahahhah, you guys are always thinking negative, don't you understand? Nope, not negative. I even contributed to the last halloween event by sharing my poetic talent (have you read the headtombs in necropolis?). So I'm not always thingking negative.
    Winning is not always a must. If winning is not a must, I would have played farmville instead. BTW can we meet in pvp so I could farm you? Winning is not a must to you anyway right?
    Arcane Legends is F2P but not F2W Thats not the case when it started years ago, F2W was the code.
    I just said that you ca enjoy Arcane Legends without spending any real money, playing events and getting some elixirs for FREE! I did enjoy it w/o spending money. But starting to be unenjoyable now. FREE elixirs? wow free loot elixir so enjoyable! until dc dc dc. Event? wow enjoyable, until dc ankh dc ankh dc ankh dc dc.
    So you can enjoy events like everyone else. Yup, I enjoy events. I even grab 50m from last halloween event. But can you enjoy tomb/arena now? tell me if you enjoy it now, even karma parties with Zeus spends 200 ankhs per boss. hows that enjoyable?
    Answeres in purple.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lol twinking in vogue now. Saw two new players with singe in same arena. But still it is fun to tease wars by running with sorc.
    Good time kill till devs adjust bosses of planar lol
    Arcanemonk 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Migzorille View Post
    You can farm energy. Ankhs are purchasable with gold. Elixers are also purchasable with gold or free from klaas and shazbot.
    Did you not read earlier post referring to that and why that makes little difference
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CheifR View Post
    Did you not read earlier post referring to that and why that makes little difference
    The topic of this thread is that why are plats always needed and not the continous dc. I just answered the original topic of this thread.