Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Tomb content/bug/glitch report - (not DC related)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default Planar Tomb content/bug/glitch report - (not DC related)

I ran the planar tombs today for the first time. I was pleased to see the run difficulty on par with the other end-game-level elites (nordr, shuyal, tinderin). There were only a couple of times I died while fighting mobs without seeing what hit me, but this also happens when I go visit Grimnr, so it was nothing unusual, and happened no more here than on the elites we already have.

I was also lucky and in 4 1/2 runs (an hour or two total) only disconnected once, and the rest of the time my party members and I all stayed connected. Therefore, these are real reports and not related in any way to lag, latency or disconnects.

Bugs Noticed:

Map 2

General: the shielded mobs do not lose their shields when you pull them to the tower. They take ages to kill. I am going on the theory that these towers mimic the ones in Undim, and should remove those shields when the mobs get within range.

Boss: The curse, when I actually got the cloud above my head while alive, was far too strong. I was on rogue in maxed gear and had to stop everything and chug about 10 healing pots as fast as possible to stay alive. Ravager managed to survive it most of the time, but he's also one of the top elite warriors in game. Most players would have died almost right away.

Aside from this (and the following big glitch) he would be a very difficult, but good elite boss.

Big Boss Glitch: One of this boss's attacks is severely glitched, almost exactly like the old bloodhammer glitch in the Arena. This is also a curse attack, but not the one I managed to pot through and survive.

Details: Even if well outside any red zones, I would instantly die, and only AFTER I was dead, I would see a cloud over my character's body, raining on it. This happened multiple times in one fight, and in none of these instances did the curse cloud appear over my character before it died. It was death on impact, and then the curse cloud showed up over the corpse behind the resurrect selection screen. There was also absolutely no warning of this attack, and it happened both if I kept moving or tried standing still.

Map 3

Boss: This guy is tough, and rightfully so. However, he has both stun and panic abilities, of which the stun can last several seconds. This really needs to be shortened to be fair to the players, as they frequently have no chance to avoid his one-hits. The panic is not quite as long, but considering he has both abilities, it's a bit much,

For the most part I really enjoyed this boss, but I did find that when he was pulled off the platform (which most players would do to avoid excess vine spawns) he did a helluva lot more one-hitting, to the point where a party any less experienced and geared than the one I tested with would find it next to impossible.

I am all for difficult, but the red zones must actually reflect the danger-of-death area, and the stun/panics should also be sequenced so that players can get away soon enough to survive, if they have enough skill to run to safety as soon as released. Right now there is no chance to escape too much of the time, and it is just unfair to the players. Especially since the map is so long that free ressing is unfair to everyone in the zone.

Glitch Just like with Ashral heart, the vines continue to spawn forever after the boss dies.

Summary
    Basically, if the maps are going to be this large (and I do love large maps), the game designers must account for that and design the bosses so that, with skill and strategy, it is possible to complete the fight without being autokilled. I don't mind paying to res when it's my own mistake that killed me, and neither does anyone else I know. However, if there is no way to avoid dying even with skill, experience, gear, strategy, and a stellar team....that's where people start to riot.

I think these maps were very well laid out, and the bosses interesting. With a few adjustments they could be totally awesome. But they do need these things modified before they are a benefit to the game.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Yeah some red zones are bugged. So far I've seen it only with mobs, the mages and the guardians. The one-hit KO that's followed by curse on the second boss is the result of his circle AoE red zone btw. If it crits, it can hit 4.2k+.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

2nd Boss:

Circular red zone is either under reporting the area by several meters or actually determines that you are "hit" long before the attack actually happens. This is almost exactly the same gitching as Tribal Abomination. You see the AoE area, immediately run as far away as you can, then end up dying half a room away from the boss.

The tracking, charge attack (Helena??) Is also under reporting by many meters. I have died many times standing well outside of the charge area.

3rd Tomb
    The big, armored mobs red zone is so misreported it is comical. They show a small frontal attack, when in reality it is a long range charge.

3rd Boss
    Normal attacks can one hit tanks!
    Too many vines...even with a sorc around for crowd control, its a bit too much.
    Too many different stuns/panics, followed by wind ups. Either give more time before windup or reduce the number of stunning attacks.
    When boss drops to 25% HP (give or take) he seems to do more windups and stuns. I've endured way too many party wipes when he was at 10%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

First two bosses are doable, first with kiting and stun pet and the second with careful kiting.

The third boss is a joke. 4.5k from each ranged attack without even kiting room like first boss had. Not to mention it's the only boss that pings me out when I approach him (maybe the unanimated vines?). Obvious plat sink is obvious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    First two bosses are doable, first with kiting and stun pet and the second with careful kiting.

The third boss is a joke. 4.5k from each ranged attack without even kiting room like first boss had. Not to mention it's the only boss that pings me out when I approach him (maybe the unanimated vines?). Obvious plat sink is obvious.
    I've fought him 3 times and nobody in the party pinged. but maybe I got lucky. Just trying to report specifics on what need adjusting and fixing here, without the rage going on everywhere else on the forum. It's not beneficial to either side.

Regarding the one-hit ko followed by curse on boss 2: I had 4k hp and 1600 armor, and it happened over 8 times in a single fight. I was also well outside the red zone every time it happened. This would mean his crit rate is too high and/or that specific attack is glitched the same way Bloodhammer was in arena.

His red zones also clearly need to be fixed for accuracy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

No no, there's no glitch. STS is trying to pull a Du 'rrex on us which means there's not going to be an expansion for quite some time. I mean, his blue orb breath is exactly like someone thought "Oh let's put Mother's overpowered Quick Spit attack that we fixed in Arena here in Taurus. I'm sure they're all equipped with armor of Will and super Elondrian HP Gems. Yep."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    No no, there's no glitch. STS is trying to pull a Du 'rrex on us which means there's not going to be an expansion for quite some time. I mean, his blue orb breath is exactly like someone thought "Oh let's put Mother's overpowered Quick Spit attack that we fixed in Arena here in Taurus. I'm sure they're all equipped with armor of Will and super Elondrian HP Gems. Yep."
    I am calling it a glitch/error/miscalculation to give STS one last benefit of the doubt that they have not turned into money-sucking mongers that just want to ruin the entire game for a few extra plats.

If they did not do this intentionally, which I sincerely hope, then this feedback should be of some use to help them properly balance things.

If the cheap-shots are intentional and even polite, constructive feedback gets ignored in favour of making the game into the no-fun-without-hundreds-of-dollars zone it has turned into, then they will find out quickly that the "thousands of people playing daily" are really only a few hundred with multiple alts. Because those "thousands" will soon be "tens" of players, and I can guarantee that ain't going to pay anyone's rent.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I am calling it a glitch/error/miscalculation to give STS one last benefit of the doubt that they have not turned into money-sucking mongers that just want to ruin the entire game for a few extra plats.

If they did not do this intentionally, which I sincerely hope, then this feedback should be of some use to help them properly balance things.

If the cheap-shots are intentional and even polite, constructive feedback gets ignored in favour of making the game into the no-fun-without-hundreds-of-dollars zone it has turned into, then they will find out quickly that the "thousands of people playing daily" are really only a few hundred with multiple alts. Because those "thousands" will soon be "tens" of players, and I can guarantee that ain't going to pay anyone's rent.
    Honestly, I would rather them charge a plat fee to run per map than this strategy of cheap one shots. At least that way, I know exactly how much I am going to spend before entering the map. They could also create some sort of kit for free players to enter. IMO, that would be a much better model than the way the current cheap one hit strategy.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thank you very much for the feedback. I appreciate it. We will go over it with the team on Monday and compare notes.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: