Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Balance PvP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Balance PvP!

Rogue:
    I agree with the 20% damage reduction in PvP maps, the developers were right to nerf rogue's damage. If you guys remember the time when they introduced the show-able damage increase from pets; rogues were virtually unstoppable.

Problem:
    Unlike warrior or sorcerer, rogues do not have a mana regen ability - this greatly decreases a rogue's survivability. I know EVERYONE will agree with me once your mana has run out; you cannot do anything on a rogue except run away, trullicide or rely on sorcerer or warrior's ability (vengeful blood or heal with empower). To combat this rogues should have the ability to regen mana.

Solution:
    1)Make the skill Good Medicine regen mana INSTEAD of health at the same speed. The reason why you cannot have both is because that would be too great of an advantage for rogue, making them too op. OR an alternative is making the skills cost less mana.

2) Replace the skill trauma surgeon (upon charged cast will provide self heal for caster) with a small but sufficient mana burst. Much like glacien AA but a tad better.

Sorcerer:
    I realise the developers are going to create a buff for sorcerers in 2015, I am so excited for it and I wish to put forward some ideas.

1. Mage's are always complaining they are squishy, even with the recent buff of the arcane shield.
    Solution:
    Replace the displacement wave skill of arcane shield [When casting charged arcane shield enemies will be knocked away] (it is practically redundant in PvP as well as PvE), this is due to the 2 second invulnerability of a charged arcane shield, the 2 seconds allows the sorcerer to run to safety anyway. Instead of that replace it with a 15 second armour buff of 25% on charged cast.

2. The most apparent way to get a kill as a sorcerer is getting a lucky critical upon using your lightening strike. This will make PvP experience for sorcerers more skill based and fun; not luck.
    Solution:
    Half the amount of crit you get from dexterity and put it into int, these points should go towards raising critical bonus as well as mana (this is fairly self explanatory).
    HOWEVER:
    To make this balanced you would have to decrease the 250% bonus damage on critical lightening strike by a bit.

3. Increase the range on normal uncharged curse 6m.

4. Decrease the cool down time on the arcane shield.

5. For twinks the choice of item is fairly straight forward, expedition rifles are the go to weapon for low level sorcerers, please create variation.
    Introduction of a gun with similar power as the expedition gun range, but make the ability: chance to cast an arcane proc OR increase critical for a certain period of time OR raise the primary stat of it. (like gloom hunter bows).

Warrior IMO for twink PvP is fairly balanced and perfect as it is. I am not sure about endgame because I don't have a char over l22.
    HOWEVER, rogue and sorcerer is weak in comparison. I do not have a PvP warrior atm, I will make one in the near future and feedback after.

From experience as a L20 mage/sorcerer I can now create an opinion on warriors at the bracket 18-22. I have come up with an improvement for warriors.
    I was a max int sorcerer with best gear for my level and 1 para gem, I used blinky as a pet and had a full damage skill build (fire frost light shield and heal). I won't go into depth of how I did it, it was so complicated and I had to put my full attention if I wanted to kill a warrior. I was able to kill most L20-21 warriors and the occasional l22 warrior. The only way possible was to kite the warriors. If you guys have played pocket legends before you know what I mean.

Anywho...
    Warriors could do with some sort of snare? Not for too long but enough to get in a combo maybe like a 1.5 second snare. Of course these snares could not be in quick succession of each other so make a 7 second invulnerability to get snared again from the previous one.

Solution:
    Make an ability to snare on the skill chest splitter. Why chest splitter? The warriors have to still work to snare them if you put it on skyward smash or axe throw it will be too easy to snare the opponent.

BTW
    Snare is not the same as stun. The opponent can still do their skills, they just are not able to move.

That is all I have come up with so far, will add to it if necessary please leave feedback.
    Last edited by EQT; 12-25-2014 at 06:52 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EQT For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Lmao make it so rogues cant heal, haha no that is not a good idea. That is why there are things around the map that fill ur mana. Give mages arcane proc? We might aswell give it to warriors while we are at it. And warriors are not balanced for twink pvp. A max warrior that is actually good is unkillable 1v1. Plus, there is a reason why people say max 2-3 warriors for wars. Its because warriors are op and by far the strongest class at twink levels. You never see anybody saying max 3 rogues are max 3 mages for wars. I wonder why.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Lmao make it so rogues cant heal, haha no that is not a good idea. That is why there are things around the map that fill ur mana. Give mages arcane proc? We might aswell give it to warriors while we are at it. And warriors are not balanced for twink pvp. A max warrior that is actually good is unkillable 1v1. Plus, there is a reason why people say max 2-3 warriors for wars. Its because warriors are op and by far the strongest class at twink levels. You never see anybody saying max 3 rogues are max 3 mages for wars. I wonder why.
    Lol your misread it mate, I didnt say replace heal I said replace the good medicine effect heal over time with mana gain over time the packs will still be there for heal. Also thats why I am saying they need to buff rogue and mage to make it balanced with warriors.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EQT View Post
    Lol your misread it mate, I didnt say replace heal I said replace the good medicine effect heal over time with mana gain over time the packs will still be there for heal. Also thats why I am saying they need to buff rogue and mage to make it balanced with warriors.
    Ok this makes more sense then. I agree with you rogues and mages need buffed at twink lvls. Really all they need to do for rogues imo is make it so rogues under lvl 20 or some such level dont have the dmg nerf and mages need more survivability so they dont get killed by 1-2 combos without shield. Maybe some skill that grants dmg reduction. Even with an armor buff rogues will just eat through that with aimed shot. And even with more health they will still take just as much dmg. As far as i see it dmg reduction is the only way to increase their survivability.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

actually above lvl 21 a maxed warrior can die pretty easily against a maxed rogue
    especially 26+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I crit warriors 2.2k+ as a 27 bow rogue.

Warriors are paper without jugg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

To remarked and undeadjudge that is why i suggested under lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Good suggestion bout rogue and agree warrior is fine at lvl 20+ ..at lower level warrior is too o.p..and right max gear warrior is unkillable with those vb ++++str ..
    rogue(crocodiile)level 23

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

To remarked and undeadjudge that is why i suggested under lvl 20
    Yeah I know, but just letting him know since he said he doesn't play above 22.

IMO I might even consider warriors OP at levels below 20.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uunknownn View Post
    Good suggestion bout rogue and agree warrior is fine at lvl 20+ ..at lower level warrior is too o.p..and right max gear warrior is unkillable with those vb ++++str ..
    Not really...breaking jugg has become an issue with the new para gems.

Increase Jugg's HP to maybe 750, and make the self heal actually heal 25% instead of 15%. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Biggest problem now is rogues have been nerfed too much and all a warrior must do is equip 4-6 para gems to two shot their own class not even a squishy or rogue.
    Last edited by Theillist1; 11-26-2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

From an endgame player's perspective, I pretty much agree with everything, however I must disagree with this:

Int points should go towards raising critical bonus as well as mana
    Critical is all that rogues have... I already see many geared mages with 35%+ critical, that's almost as much as average rogue's critical. Also, what would be dexterity for if mages get critical from intelligence points?

Replace the displacement wave skill of arcane shield [When casting charged arcane shield enemies will be knocked away] (it is practically redundant in PvP as well as PvE), this is due to the 2 second invulnerability of a charged arcane shield, the 2 seconds allows the sorcerer to run to safety anyway. Instead of that replace it with a 15 second armour buff of 25% on charged cast.
    Imo, if shield was absorbing more damage, it would be way, way better. I myself have a mage and I got to try it in pvp (elon gun, mythic set, mythic ring and lunar), with shield on I still got hit 50% of my hp by rogues critical hits, and it's broken too fast. I would suggest to make the cooldown shorter as well, for example when I was fighting warriors, the time I got to wait to cast shield again after my second heal was way too long.. Making me die without giving any chance. This is how it goes everytime: I cast shield under 50% hp, heal, shield gets broken, I may heal a second time if the warrior doesn't have a crazy damage, and then... I die, because I still have 5-6 seconds to wait for my second shield.

So yes, a shorter cooldown on shield with a little bit more damage absorbed would help mages A LOT.

__ Iady/Taste/Clope/Nedgeng__

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hilyana View Post
    From an endgame player's perspective, I pretty much agree with everything, however I must disagree with this:

Critical is all that rogues have... I already see many geared mages with 35%+ critical, that's almost as much as average rogue's critical. Also, what would be dexterity for if mages get critical from intelligence points?

Imo, if shield was absorbing more damage, it would be way, way better. I myself have a mage and I got to try it in pvp (elon gun, mythic set, mythic ring and lunar), with shield on I still got hit 50% of my hp by rogues critical hits, and it's broken too fast. I would suggest to make the cooldown shorter as well, for example when I was fighting warriors, the time I got to wait to cast shield again after my second heal was way too long.. Making me die without giving any chance. This is how it goes everytime: I cast shield under 50% hp, heal, shield gets broken, I may heal a second time if the warrior doesn't have a crazy damage, and then... I die, because I still have 5-6 seconds to wait for my second shield.

So yes, a shorter cooldown on shield with a little bit more damage absorbed would help mages A LOT.
    To be honest rogues have aimed which gives a stackable 20% crit.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions! These are great and very specific. I'll make sure to get them into the hands of the devs to take a look at next month.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

To be honest rogues have aimed which gives a stackable 20% crit.
    If we stack 20 crit, we will not have time to charge our aimed shot. We can stack about 10% crit on aimed shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Reduce Lightning damage skill to 200% from 250% is a joke. I rather not have critical from int. I have 44% crit as it is. You obviously do not know what you are saying or eons behind in terms of recent events.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Lol. To fight with stacking tank is easy. Warrior is weak if u know how to kill them... In 23 if u stack 4-5 tanks is the weakest line up. Ur team will get farm easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leonut View Post
    Reduce Lightning damage skill to 200% from 250% is a joke. I rather not have critical from int. I have 44% crit as it is. You obviously do not know what you are saying or eons behind in terms of recent events.
    Thank you for telling me this. I did not recognise the end game perspective. I shall update the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

There's no bracket where stacking tanks doesn't guarantee winning. Unless the gear/experience gap is too large, the opposition will get farmed by alternated horns.

For true class balance there will have to be no skills with set amounts of say, STR. Having jugg and VB give 50 STR is overpowered at low levels and underpowered at endgame. Also, there's no reason that this +50 buff should heal when casted, this is a unique behaviour. But guess who's not going to like the balancing business? Anyone who's benefitted/-ing by those imbalances.
    Last edited by Madnex; 12-23-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Im pvping on lv1, coz i cant afford higher lvls xD i dont have to buy ring, amulet or helm in lv1 and all dat comes r food, so im happy. And now der is level one guild, which has pretty much members now, we can vs and farm together. All classes r balanced in lv1, as rogues cant crit, no skill and no use for mana. The prob is u hav to wait a while b4 any food came :/ and lv2-3s is like god for us lol we cant beat dem, many reasons. but since level one is friendly with bangis ng pinoy, the lv2-3 pvp guild, we r pretty much safe i tried higher lvl pvps once, classes arent balanced :/ so i do this lv1 pvp. Its all abt skill, when to charge, when to activate aa, etc. If yall wanna call me a poor noob lol i am xD
    Last edited by xutreuqux; 12-23-2014 at 09:59 AM.