Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Farewell From Kalizzaa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Back in my pro audio classes at Shoreline College, when I was studying to get into the music industry, we had a section on contracts. One of the biggest things that generated a lot of discussion in the class was the concept that, in any deal you set up with your band, be sure to detail how the rights and intellectual property are split up when the band ends (or someone leaves the band - do they get to take their songs with them, for example). Most everyone in the class was gigging with a band, or wanting to gig with a band, or working with their friend's band so it really touched a nerve point. What do you mean, my band won't split up! We're all buddies who have known each other for years, they would say. But... not all bands are the Rolling Stones - they all, and I mean all break up in the end.

So to with life. Good or bad, things end. Most everything's start comes from another thing's end. It is inevitable.

It reinforces that what is really important is not the end point, but the journey. It's what happens along the way. Hopefully, some of those bands turn out really great music, that moves people, makes them think or makes them feel in a way they never thought they could, before they split. That's the good stuff.

Kalizzaa, I can say truly that you have helped me to think in new ways. You have made a difference. It has been a joy to correspond with you. I wish you all the best that life can hold for your future journeys.

Respectfully yours,
    Alex "Samhayne" Leary
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: